PDA

View Full Version : August Crowd

CrazyMouse
06-16-2005, 09:06 PM
What do you think guys, how crowded it will be during the month of August. 2 week of August?

Darkbeer
06-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Based on the operating calendar....

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/calendar/monthly/monthly?name=CalendarMonthlyPage&date=20050816

Disney expects to see the crowds lighter starting August 22nd, and then even lighter the week of August 29th during the weekdays at least...

Many schools start on August 22nd...

BUT!!!!

The SoCal and SoCal Select Blockout dates get lifted for the first time in weeks on... August 22nd.....

http://adisneyland.disney.go.com/media/dlr_v0200/en_US/ap/socalsel_blockout_0305.pdf

But that is another sign that Disney expects the crowds to start getting lighter, but you might find just the same amount of people, just more locals....

HydroGuy
06-17-2005, 08:59 AM
What do you think guys, how crowded it will be during the month of August. 2 week of August?Very. With SM opening July 15 and the general 50th celebration, the crowds will be large. We are going the first week of August and plan to get there early, stay late and break in the hot, crowded afternoon to avoid it as much as possible. Have fun! :p

Vegitabeta
06-17-2005, 09:02 AM
How will the second week be? Anyone know?

Mommy2NicknMax
06-17-2005, 09:21 AM
I'll be there the second week in August. I'm guessing it's going to be very crowded. We go this time every summer and it's usually not bad in the mornings until about 11 or so. We go over to DCA or back to the hotel until evening (around 5:00) and then back over to DL.

I just checked Expedia and all three DL hotels are available for that week. So the park will be crowded but not insane.

Darkbeer
06-17-2005, 09:23 AM
As shown in the operating calendar posted earlier in this thread...

Disneyland is operating at maximum hours the first two weeks of August, so that says that Disney expects LARGE crowds every day... Most schools don't start until the week of the 22nd, or later, and the lower end AP's are blocked out....

The period between the last week in June and the first two weeks in August are the parks peak season, and crowds are expected to slow down starting in the third week of August..

Let's use a scale of 1 thru 10...

1 is really slow, 10 would be New Year's Eve (basically capacity or close to it...

All of July = 9

First two weeks of August = 9

Third week of August = 8

Fourth week of August = 7

Labor Day weekend = 9

First full week of September = 3

Hope that helps

lisap
06-17-2005, 09:44 AM
We are going to stay up there at the very end of August--which we usually avoid, so I'll be interested to see what the crowds are like.

Starting the day after Labor Day, the park is totally deserted. We traditionally have a last hurrah before school starts and go the day after Labor Day (our school starts the Wednesday after Labor Day.) It's a ghost town--it's also typically the hottest day of the year. :rolleyes:

Mommy2NicknMax
06-17-2005, 10:07 AM
This is good to know about September. We may move our annual trip to after Labor Day once both boys are being homeschooled. It would be nice to be there when it's not as crowded.

HydroGuy
06-17-2005, 11:05 AM
This is good to know about September. We may move our annual trip to after Labor Day once both boys are being homeschooled. It would be nice to be there when it's not as crowded.FYI, HM is being refurbed starting Sept 6. See refurb schedule http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr050613.htm#Rehabs.

oregontraveler
06-17-2005, 12:08 PM
As shown in the operating calendar posted earlier in this thread...

Disneyland is operating at maximum hours the first two weeks of August, so that says that Disney expects LARGE crowds every day... Most schools don't start until the week of the 22nd, or later, and the lower end AP's are blocked out....

The period between the last week in June and the first two weeks in August are the parks peak season, and crowds are expected to slow down starting in the third week of August..

Let's use a scale of 1 thru 10...

1 is really slow, 10 would be New Year's Eve (basically capacity or close to it...

All of July = 9

First two weeks of August = 9

Third week of August = 8

Fourth week of August = 7

Labor Day weekend = 9

First full week of September = 3

Hope that helps

I like the scale DB. I figured that it will be mostly tourists the week before Labor Day. The SoCal AP factor should be high though. Oh well, what can you do :)