PDA

View Full Version : Saturday (6/18) Crowds

nsxdrift_89
06-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Does anybody know? I think it may be really busy, but i'm not sure. could there also be SM soft openings, even though it is extremely unlikely??

bradk
06-16-2005, 04:02 PM
anything's possible, but a month out might be a bit much to hope for. i imagine guests of the DLR hotels would have that opportunity if anyone does. (that is, if anyone does, it'd be at least them).

busy? if it doesn't rain. you're talking about a school-free period on a weekend. that's a double whammy (actually, it might even be considered even a triple whammy given the circumstances).

but if you're in a position to go for a day, go for it.

SteveK
06-16-2005, 04:06 PM
My guess is it will be very busy. I went for a few hours Tuesday and it was packed. 50-60 minute wait for Buzz, 55 minute wait for Indy, 40 minute wait for Pirates, 30 minute wait for JC, 60 for Soarin'. Saturdays during the summer will be packed now that schools out.
-Steve

disneyperson
06-16-2005, 04:23 PM
One of the first weekends after school gets out? Crowded. Very, very, crowded.

disney_leonard
06-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Look at the bright side, it will be less crowded than a month from now!

SCUBAbe
06-16-2005, 08:43 PM
it should be a nice close, intimate, cozy, tight knit environment.....just hope on all things good that people remembered their deodorent and that it's working.....thats the ONE thing I hate about going when it's hot...all the different aromas in the air...:|

nsxdrift_89
06-16-2005, 09:10 PM
thanks alot, aren't sundays considered to be busier than saturdays, considering all the APs out there. even though it is a month out, anything could happen, right. THey were soft opening Buzz and Tower a month out. Weren't they

phoenixfire2k5
06-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Yall seem to keep missing the fact that the person wasn't asking about how crowded it would be, but if there would be any soft openings of Space Mountain this saturday.

nsxdrift_89
06-16-2005, 09:19 PM
well, actually it is both questions. are ther going to be soft openings (which is highly unlikely) and how corwded is it going to be?

phoenixfire2k5
06-16-2005, 09:24 PM
well, actually it is both questions. are ther going to be soft openings (which is highly unlikely) and how corwded is it going to be?

The usual Saturday crowd. Probably around 30, 40, or 50 thousand. Just go with the flow and not worry about the crowd level. Take a break if need be and of course, use fastpass.

bradk
06-17-2005, 12:22 AM
Yall seem to keep missing the fact that the person wasn't asking about how crowded it would be, but if there would be any soft openings of Space Mountain this saturday.

guess you missed that i actually answered both questions :)

anyway

you have a point that sunday might be busier with AP'ers due to the fact that saturday will be a blockout for most, but the reason why it's a blockout to begin with is because it's anticipated to be so busy that DL is trying to prevent people from getting in without having to pay a daily admission (every AP'er that enter costs disney money that they're otherwise guaranteed)