PDA

View Full Version : How much should a CT expect to work?

evilchild666
06-15-2005, 08:46 PM
I am a casual temporary cast member working in store operations. Orientation is this friday for me, and i was just wondering if anybody here could help me out with this question. I want to work as much as i can because i want to and i have nothing else to do. So is anyone here a CT or has been one in the past? About how many hours/days a week should i expect to work this summer? Thanks a bunch everybody!

melmel
06-16-2005, 12:57 AM
THIS summer? Expect LOTS of hours.

Of course, I work in foods, so even though I preferenced 20 hours/week, no more than 5 days a week, and no overtime, I'm getting scheduled 33 hours/week, 6 days/week, and lots of double extensions and overtime.

When you fill out your preference sheet, you can request overtime and also to be scheduled for a 6th or 7th day.

Tambour
06-16-2005, 09:33 AM
melmel is right. No matter the department, this summer you will work your tail off. The middle of the summer is a good time to request a change in status (to CR) if you are wanting to work in the off season.

Have fun in your orientation!

SilverStyle
06-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Like above mentioned above, expect a lot of OT. Pay isnt that much higher then a CR and you dont get the main gate pass

MuckaMowie
06-16-2005, 08:24 PM
Like above mentioned above, expect a lot of OT. Pay isnt that much higher then a CR and you dont get the main gate pass
CT pay is $7.25 an hour most all through the park, without the opportunity, ever, of raises. Our union contract currently states $7.40; however, last year when I contacted TDA and the union about it, they said $7.40 was a "misprint". CTs ALWAYS get paid less than CRs. They never get seniority over any CR, even brand-new CRs! I have been a CT for a long time (my choice, as I have a regular full-time job during the school year). I have a copy of the union contract in front of me right now and the lowest starting hourly pay I see for a CR is $7.60 with many of the jobs starting much higher (especially Innoventions!). Most people who want CR status can get it after a few months. Hope this info helps. Good luck to you and may the mouse be with you.

Tambour
06-16-2005, 08:59 PM
which union are you? I'm much more familiar with the entertainment unions.

MuckaMowie
06-17-2005, 05:56 AM
which union are you? I'm much more familiar with the entertainment unions.
The union I am speaking of is The Master Services Council which consists of Teamsters Automotive, Industrial and Allied Workers locals #495, #399, #324 and #83. It covers cast members specific to areas in: Merchandise, Guest Services, Costume/Wardrobe, Attractions, and Distribution Center. It would be the union that the new CT will be a dues-paying member of.

ToursbabeC3po
06-18-2005, 10:07 PM
I thought CT's do not have to pay union dues did this change or am I loosing it?
Toursbabe

MuckaMowie
06-19-2005, 06:05 AM
I thought CT's do not have to pay union dues did this change or am I loosing it?
Toursbabe
All CTs pay union dues :crying: with the exception of guest relations ("the plaids". . .City Hall!). I'm not sure if they have any CTs in that department or not, because I'm in guest services.