PDA

View Full Version : Question with Capacity for Disneyland...

CrazyMouse
06-15-2005, 03:22 PM
I was reading one of the threads here about Disneyland closing when it is full, and the park will not accept anymore guests. I will be staying on Disney property (Grand Californian Hotel) and I was wondering if this affects us too. I want the freedom to park hop anytime i want to without worrying if Disneyland closed when it's full. Thanks everybody.

Just imagine, if you bought Balcony premier seating for Fantasmic for a 9:00pm show, and you were going back at around 7:30pm, and they wouldn't let you in! I would go crazy!!!! :eek:

Malcon10t
06-15-2005, 03:29 PM
I was reading one of the threads here about Disneyland closing when it is full, and the park will not accept anymore guests. I will be staying on Disney property (Grand Californian Hotel) and I was wondering if this affects us too. I want the freedom to park hop anytime i want to without worrying if Disneyland closed when it's full. Thanks everybody.

Just imagine, if you bought Balcony premier seating for Fantasmic for a 9:00pm show, and you were going back at around 7:30pm, and they wouldn't let you in! I would go crazy!!!! :eek:

In the past how it works, they will stop selling tickets first. Then they will stop allowing new entries. In the past, if you have entered the aprk, you can usually reenter, though you would be wise to ask before leaving. In the past, this has applied to both hotel and non hotel guests. It is very common on New Years Eve. We know on New Years eve to be in the park by 10am, and we don't leave, since we have seen the gate closures before and don't want to be on the wrong side.

infinite
06-15-2005, 03:31 PM

You have seats? Or are you just saying “what if”, if so, did you get them in advance? Can they be ordered in advance?
I am not sure if this applies to hotel guests HOWEVER, I would think in today’s modern computer-oriented world, they could have some sort of system in place that says…“hmmm…we have 400 (or whatever) guests staying at our hotels today, we should subtract 400 from the walk up total for today”…or something like that, but it probably doesn’t talk….now on to those Fantamic Balcony tickets… :)

Mukta
06-15-2005, 03:32 PM
It is a very rare occassion that DL reaches capacity. If you are staying on property you should use the special entrances like the monorail and GC entrance into GC. I think that if you show a room key, you will be guaranteed access.

CrazyMouse
06-15-2005, 04:05 PM
You have seats? Or are you just saying “what if”, if so, did you get them in advance? Can they be ordered in advance?
I am not sure if this applies to hotel guests HOWEVER, I would think in today’s modern computer-oriented world, they could have some sort of system in place that says…“hmmm…we have 400 (or whatever) guests staying at our hotels today, we should subtract 400 from the walk up total for today”…or something like that, but it probably doesn’t talk….now on to those Fantamic Balcony tickets… :)

yes you can reserve balcony seats 30 days in advance (when you plan to see it), by calling 714-781-3463, option 1. Back to topic guys. Hehe. :)

T&Rshep
06-15-2005, 08:19 PM
Plan on DL reaching full capacity of July 17. They've been warning people about that day for months. I think it's funny that DL never says what the max capacity number is, which is set by the fire department.

cstephens
06-16-2005, 11:59 AM
It is a very rare occassion that DL reaches capacity. If you are staying on property you should use the special entrances like the monorail and GC entrance into GC. I think that if you show a room key, you will be guaranteed access.

Nope, no guaranteed access. If they've stopped selling tickets because of capacity, then you can still get in if you have a valid ticket or at least are re-entering. (I don't remember - do they ever stop letting in "new" people and only let in re-entries and APs?) But if the fire marshall says DL is at capacity, then no one gets in until fire marshall says ok, which is pretty much when other people leave. Doesn't matter if it's 9pm and you've got 9:30 Fantasmic balcony tickets.

disneyperson
06-16-2005, 12:17 PM
But if the fire marshall says DL is at capacity, then no one gets in until fire marshall says ok, which is pretty much when other people leave. Doesn't matter if it's 9pm and you've got 9:30 Fantasmic balcony tickets.

This is true,capacity is capacity, and if the fire marshall says "no more" that's it.

bradk
06-16-2005, 12:19 PM
the haunted mansion is on public record as having a maximum capacity of 1,000 though, so there's always room for one more there.

(just felt the need to offer that)

disneyperson
06-16-2005, 12:27 PM
the haunted mansion is on public record as having a maximum capacity of 1,000 though, so there's always room for one more there.

(just felt the need to offer that)

But you have to be dead to get in.

(your avatar cracks me up)

Arnie
06-16-2005, 01:22 PM

But how would you know how many of your guest were already in the park or had gone somewhere else for the day?

Right now it is such a rare occasion that the park reaches capacity, the current method would seem to work fine. For the most part everyone has a park hopper and can visit DCA for a little while until DL lets enough people out that you can get in.