PDA

View Full Version : Madame Leota [malfunction]

Pages : [1] 2 3

drjones
06-15-2005, 03:14 PM
Went do DL on Tues (yesterday). I'm Kinda Bummed!!

Madame Leota was stationary again.

I really liked the floating effect, please, someone tell me that this is only temporary, and Leota will once again float..

CrazyMouse
06-15-2005, 03:16 PM

I really liked the floating effect, please, someone tell me that this is only temporary, and Leota will once again float..

Well that plain sucks. I liked it too when I went last month, when she was floating. Anyone has an answer, because I am going again in August.

splashmtngurl
06-15-2005, 03:30 PM
I dont know for sure or anything but maybe its been giving them technical difficulties, it was in april for a while anyway, so maybe they figured it would be easier to keep it stationary?

Disney Vault
06-15-2005, 03:49 PM
I am sure it is just temporary that she is not floating. All rides have certain things that don't work everytime.

jennia
06-15-2005, 06:52 PM
When we went on Tuesday (also) the ride was 101 when we got there. We just happened to catch it re-opening and were in the first group through. We also noticed that Madame Leota was grounded but figured it might have something to do with the closure and would be fixed later. Sorry no definite word for you on when or if she's airborn again. :(

uvsc_wolverine
06-15-2005, 10:42 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I haven't seen it yet! It better be working when I get there in October! If I have to be there when Pirates is being rehabbed, I'd better at least get to see floating Leota, or I'm kidnapping a princess for compensation!

SoCalSteven
06-15-2005, 11:57 PM
When I was there Saturday she was floating...must be a majorly recent thing.

sdfilmcritic
06-15-2005, 11:59 PM
I thought the crystal ball was hauling major booty when I saw it. It needs to be slowed down a little bit to create a more eerie floating effect. Just my two cents.

melmel
06-16-2005, 12:59 AM
Yup, I was there last night at about 10:15 pm, and Leota was not floating... took us 3/4 of the way through the room to realize it though. We were so used to it being like that before that we hardly noticed the difference. :p

Shortiemetoo
06-16-2005, 08:57 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I haven't seen it yet! It better be working when I get there in October! If I have to be there when Pirates is being rehabbed, I'd better at least get to see floating Leota, or I'm kidnapping a princess for compensation!

ROFL...too funny!!! If it's Belle don't let you know who even know about it!!!

mikoyle
06-16-2005, 12:32 PM
It was working on Monday the 13th

CrazyTrain
06-16-2005, 12:41 PM
I'm pretty sure she was floating yesterday :confused:

SilverStyle
06-16-2005, 08:02 PM
I am sure she was just down for some reason. Its something perm HM will have forever.

jennia
06-23-2005, 08:16 AM
She was floating on 6/26 and looking GOOD! :D

sdfilmcritic
06-23-2005, 08:19 AM
She was floating on 6/26 and looking GOOD! :DYou can see three days into the future? Wow! I'm impressed!

SoCalSteven
06-23-2005, 08:51 AM
She was floating on 6/26 and looking GOOD! :D
I'll second the post above, but I just noticed that you live in the High Desert. Where at? I'm in Victorville.

jennia
06-23-2005, 08:58 AM
Sorry..... I saw her on June 22. I must not be quite awake yet!! :D

We're in Apple Valley.

infinite
06-23-2005, 09:06 AM
You can see three days into the future? Wow! I'm impressed!

What do you think the crystal ball ifs for? Paperweight?

bradk
06-23-2005, 09:08 AM
What do you think the crystal ball ifs for? Paperweight?

evidently it is (for some people)

Jon Vincible
06-27-2005, 09:38 PM
It was floating on 6/25, and it was amazing. Also, the changing portraits in the limbo hallway, did they make them flicker in the lightning as a tribute to the haunted mansion of old?

sdfilmcritic
06-27-2005, 10:22 PM
The "flickering" portraits are timed with the lightning outside. Just stand in the hallway facing the busts at the end of the hallway and watch the lighting outside the windows and the portraits with your periphial vision and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Jon Vincible
06-28-2005, 07:03 AM
Oh yeah I realized they are timed with the lightning. But my question was whether they changed them from the fading portraits to the flickering ones as a tribute to how they were when the attraction opened.

olegc
06-28-2005, 08:22 AM
Oh yeah I realized they are timed with the lightning. But my question was whether they changed them from the fading portraits to the flickering ones as a tribute to how they were when the attraction opened.

Not that I recall - but these portraits were brought from WDW where I believe they had used the lightning effect instead of the fade (and I understand our portraits went there). Must be that synergy thing, you know...

I just wonder how the effect will be handled with the HMH overlay. That one used the fade model instead of flash. I wonder...

BellhopMicah
06-28-2005, 09:42 AM
You can see three days into the future? Wow! I'm impressed!

http://hilbert4872.homestead.com/files/lol.gif

phoenixfire2k5
06-28-2005, 01:39 PM

I know this reply is rather late. But I went on it this past sunday with this thread in mind. It was working like normal. But I also took note that the stand that the crystal ball would usually sit on still rests on the table. So I'm going to assume that the ball rests on that stand while the attraction and the park is closed. So what you saw, was more than likely a malfunction with the cranes that lift the ball making it look like it is floating.