PDA

View Full Version : Any great place to eat and see the Fireworks

EvanRude
06-15-2005, 01:41 PM
We will be at DLR end of September for 4 1/2 days.
Sun sets around 6:45 park closes at 8:00 then. I'm sure well be real hungry right around that time the FW start on our first 1/2 day. But I don't want miss a viewing opportunity or listen to the booms from a closed in resturant. Is there a sit down place to eat that has a view.
thanks

SoCalSteven
06-15-2005, 02:41 PM
Haven't seen the new fireworks yet, but I'd bet the Plaza Inn wuld be a good spot.

infinite
06-15-2005, 02:42 PM
That is a good question. We will be there then, too. So if I think of a place I won't tell you so we can have it...JUST KIDDING!

Are you staying in one of the Disneyland hotels? At the Grand Californian, you can view from a balcony (I hear, never tried it).

PirateSmile
06-15-2005, 02:44 PM
Haven't seen the new fireworks yet, but I'd bet the Plaza Inn wuld be a good spot.

Yup, Plaza Inn is a great spot. Just be careful of the table you sit at, because a lot are in good views of the trees surrounding the resteraunt rather than the fireworks.

hlbtimes2
06-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Do they have fireworks when the park closes at 8? For some reason I didnt think they did it unless they were open later then that.

PirateSmile
06-15-2005, 02:56 PM
Do they have fireworks when the park closes at 8? For some reason I didnt think they did it unless they were open later then that.

I wouldn't think so unless it gets dark by then :confused:

infinite
06-15-2005, 02:58 PM

I was wondering that myself. I think they would have them Fridays/weekends, but I am not sure. I also heard they were nightly this year. Last I checked the online schedule didn’t list shows, just hours., but that was a week or more ago.

Oops sorry about that, on Fridays and weekends they would open later, anyway.

Niwel
06-15-2005, 03:06 PM
I ate at the Plaza Inn and saw the fireworks -- but test some spots before you pick one -- PLUS the umbrellas are up (people next to me lowered the one at their table). Once you sit, they really can't move you, although it helps to keep at least one piece of food there to show you ACTUALLY ate there (I lingered over my applesauce).
You can always get food at places like Pizza Port or Village Haus and take it to Main Street and eat on the curb if you get really desperate.

peoplearestupid
06-15-2005, 03:09 PM
The fireworks are only available on the weekends during non-summer months.Though, they have been know to do a 7:45 p.m. firework show during the fall/winter months,which is probably what they will do this year.

phoenixfire2k5
06-15-2005, 05:10 PM
The fireworks are only available on the weekends during non-summer months.Though, they have been know to do a 7:45 p.m. firework show during the fall/winter months,which is probably what they will do this year.

Ok, first of all, what planet have you been on? No offense, but Disneyland is celebrating their 50th, which means new fireworks during the 15 month celebration, which means fireworks throughout that time. So old standards with the fireworks are thrown out the window. Despite what Anaheim residents think.

There is no restaurant around the central hub area to eat at and watch the fireworks WITHOUT obstruction. I should know, I live 10 minutes from there. There is the Plaza Inn (south east curve of the plaza hub), but there are trees and umbrellas that will block your view. The restaurant that was across from the Plaza Inn, on the southwest curve of the hub, is not open, but the tables and chairs are still there. You could try to grab a few things from Refreshment Corner, but still there are trees that block your view AS WELL as moving traffic coming to and from the Fantasmic area. Your best bet is to take some food with you over to the castle and parade route area. Again, align yourself with the parade route facing towards the matterhorn. You will have unobstructed views of both the castle and the matterhorn. As I've said before, Mouseplanet has previously posted an article about the viewing areas for the fireworks, their ups and their downs. There was MP staff at different viewing areas trying them out. So if you don't believe me, consider the source. Because that is what my source is. :D

AVP
06-15-2005, 07:01 PM
Click Here (http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050511as.htm) for the MousePlanet Viewing Guide to the new fireworks show.

AVP