PDA

View Full Version : Park Hopping - easy or not ?

Pages : [1] 2

Craigster- diver
06-15-2005, 01:03 PM
When you have a park hopper pass, and you leave one park to enter the other do you get "priorty" entrance or do you line up with the masses ?

What happens if you exit DL, visit DCA, then try to return to DL only to find DL is "full"....???

Just wondering......

Thanks all.

richas
06-15-2005, 01:09 PM
Disneyland can, and does on occccation , fill to capacity. One New Years Eve we were told upon exiting that the park might be "closed" later that evening. We entered the park again later and it didn't close, but it is a possiblity on extemely busy days.

As far as I know, everybody enters thru the same lines.

rentayenta
06-15-2005, 01:10 PM
As I understand it, if you leave DL, go to DCA, and go back to DL (and it's full), you are out of luck.

There is no priority entrance.

infinite
06-15-2005, 01:11 PM
Honestly, after the initial opening in the morning, there isn’t much of a line to get in.

In fact if you go to DCA through the Grand Californian entrance, there isn’t a line at all…ever (okay when ever I've used it). And you could always take the tram back and enter in Tomorrowland, that usually doesn’t have much of a line either.

I will say the first am line, is very discouraging, makes you wonder if you will EVER get in (moves pretty fast, though).

So to answer your question, park hopping is very easy. But I have never gone out the front entrance of one and into the front entrance of another (come to think of it, I have never even gone through the front entrance at DCA)

infinite
06-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Disneyland can, and does on occccation , fill to capacity. One New Years Eve we were told upon exiting that the park might be "closed" later that evening. We entered the park again later and it didn't close, but it is a possiblity on extemely busy days.

As far as I know, everybody enters thru the same lines.

Oh wow.

Well, I am glad they do that (for safety reasons). I know it will disappoint some people, especially those who want to see the fireworks, but truth be told you can get a pretty good view of the fireworks from the parking lot (okay we only did that on the night we left…shhh, we could even hear the soundtrack).

pisces
06-15-2005, 02:22 PM
If you are a guest at one of the resort hotels, all you do is enter through the Tomorrowland entrance, and show your room key. I think capacity only applies to the Main Gate......not the Tomorrowland entrance.

CrazyMouse
06-15-2005, 03:12 PM
If you are a guest at one of the resort hotels, all you do is enter through the Tomorrowland entrance, and show your room key. I think capacity only applies to the Main Gate......not the Tomorrowland entrance.

Can someone confirm this? I hope this is right.

Malcon10t
06-15-2005, 03:35 PM
Can someone confirm this? I hope this is right.

New Years Eve 2001, when it closed at 1130am, we were told if we exited the monorail at DTD, they would not be able to let us reenter.

Darkbeer
06-15-2005, 03:35 PM

That is TOTALLY wrong, there isn't even is a Tomorrowland entrance.

I presume you are talking about the Monorail entrance in Downtown Disney.

Any ticket media is valid at this entrance, and there is no Front of the Line access for DLR hotel guests when entering the park.

DLR Hotel guests do get Priority boarding on trips going back to DtD, aka leaving the park.

But once you leave, you are subject to the same rules as everybody else, and if the park is at capacity, then noone will be allowed back in, regardless of where you stay.

pisces
06-15-2005, 04:29 PM
The monorail stops at Tomorrowland, and that's a faster way into the park, rather than going through the main gates.

disneyperson
06-15-2005, 04:31 PM
People go to both parks?

infinite
06-15-2005, 04:35 PM
People go to both parks?

I know this isn’t popular to say, but I actually like Disney California Adventure. It isn’t Disneyland, but that is okay, if I want Disneyland, it is right next door. Maybe I am just being influenced by the fact my little boy saw Koda there, and he LOVES Koda. There was also Flik’s area (forget what it is called) and he had a lot of fun there. Granted I avoided the Paradise Pier area, but really, it wasn’t a bad place.

Oh…I forgot…The Wine Country Trattoria was out of spoons…never mind I hate it! (just kidding)

GrumpyUTboi
06-15-2005, 06:20 PM
Very simple to do

MrsG
06-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Yes, very simple. But there are lines to enter either park all day long (except through GCH).

Leap for Joy
06-15-2005, 07:30 PM
It's not difficult. It does take some time because of the distance and having to go through the gate at the other park, so I wouldn't go back and forth repeatedly. But we often go over to DCA for a few hours and then back to DL afterward and it isn't too bad.

Lines do form to get back into DL after the Electrical Light Parade so if that's your goal you'll want to choose a seat close to the exit of DCA and hurry out right after the last float. We usually sit in front of EnginEars Toy Store.

mkcbunny
06-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Agreed that apart from those masssive holiday times andd at parade/fireworks times wheen people rush the gates, park-hopping is pretty easy. We were even able to do if from the DCA Electrical parade over to DL for the fireworks without a line because we were running late.

Also, it's much better now that the security tables are outside the whole concourse area. That way you don't have to have your bags checked for each individual park when you parkk-hop. That used to drag the lines out a bit.

SCUBAbe
06-15-2005, 09:35 PM
it's a pita, but pretty painless...well..as long as you don't get struck by a strolles, kicked, or stand by a screaming child...:)

disney jones
06-15-2005, 10:02 PM
the trick is to avoid the high volume "exit one park to head to the other" times ..... such as right when a parade ends.

phoenixfire2k5
06-15-2005, 10:43 PM
Usually, only on the biggest events, such as new years eve, or perhaps July 17th, will Dland be full. There is no priority entrance for park hoppers. Little advice for hopping back to DCA. If you try to go there for whatever reason, and the lines are huge, take a quick walk to Downtown Disney and go past the World of Disney store and just a little further to the Downtown Disney entrance to the Grand Californian hotel. It is between the Sephora cosmetic store and the Club Libby Lu store (its a purple & pink colored store). Go through the big gate, hang a left, go through the automatic door, immediately go left and keep going straight until you hit the lobby and check in desks. You should hit the check in desks right in front of you, with the bellhop to your right. But immediately go left with the main (and huge) lobby to your right. Follow this path down past the elevators (will be on the left), past the small gift shop through the automatic double doors and then you're outside. Keep going straight, there will be a restaurant on the left, and a path to one of the pools. Still keep going straight till the path bends right. Then take the first left and you'll see the hotel entrance to DCA. Note that non-hotel guests cannot use this until AFTER 12 noon. There will also be signs above that will lead you to this entrance in case you get lost. If you take this quickly enough, you should be able to get in quicker than the front entrance when its crowded. And the entrance lets you in right across from the entrance to Grizzly Rapids.

disneyperson
06-16-2005, 09:53 AM
I know this isn’t popular to say, but I actually like Disney California Adventure. It isn’t Disneyland, but that is okay, if I want Disneyland, it is right next door. Maybe I am just being influenced by the fact my little boy saw Koda there, and he LOVES Koda. There was also Flik’s area (forget what it is called) and he had a lot of fun there. Granted I avoided the Paradise Pier area, but really, it wasn’t a bad place.

Oh…I forgot…The Wine Country Trattoria was out of spoons…never mind I hate it! (just kidding)

Sorry, I'm a dork. I know lots of folks like DCA. Heck,some of my better MP pals just love it. It's just that I'm such a hardwired DL addict that I find it pretty much impossible to leave it once I'm there. :geek: Not even the TOT can overcome that magnetic field DL exerts on us.
The few times I've been there I thought it would be a fun place for families with kids.Bugs Land is really cute. If I ever visit with kids I will definitey take them there.
Sorry my lamo attempt at humor fell flat. That's what happens when it's slow at the office. :)

rentayenta
06-16-2005, 10:01 AM
it's a pita, but pretty painless...well..as long as you don't get struck by a strolles, kicked, or stand by a screaming child...:)

Or kicked by a screaming adult! ;)

disneyperson
06-16-2005, 10:11 AM
Or kicked by a screaming adult! ;)
yeah, they're the worst. You can always kick a kid back and then probably outrun them. :D

cstephens
06-16-2005, 11:50 AM
The monorail stops at Tomorrowland, and that's a faster way into the park, rather than going through the main gates.

Depends on where you're coming from and where you're going in the park. If you park at Mickey and Friends and you want to go to Adventureland, walking to the monorail stop and taking the monorail to Tomorrowland and then walking to Adventureland isn't going to be faster than just going through the front gate.

CrazyTrain
06-16-2005, 11:51 AM
I've found it fluctuates... For instance on Sunday, my friend and I ran back to the car... When we left DL, the lines were a good 20 to 25 people deep. By the time we got back (what, 15 minutes?) we had 2 people ahead of us. Maybe the co-incided with the end of a parade or event.

We park hop a lot... no deal.

infinite
06-16-2005, 01:56 PM
Sorry, I'm a dork. I know lots of folks like DCA. Heck,some of my better MP pals just love it. It's just that I'm such a hardwired DL addict that I find it pretty much impossible to leave it once I'm there. :geek: Not even the TOT can overcome that magnetic field DL exerts on us.
The few times I've been there I thought it would be a fun place for families with kids.Bugs Land is really cute. If I ever visit with kids I will definitey take them there.
Sorry my lamo attempt at humor fell flat. That's what happens when it's slow at the office. :)

Oh I know you were trying to be funny. It was good. I laughed when I read it, see I was trying to be funny too ( my comment about the spoons), it is alright, I knew what you meant. :)