PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading park hopper pass

Alpha1mom
06-15-2005, 04:41 AM
Hi,
We're going to DL Sept 16th for 4 days, on that Monday (last day of pass)
we want to upgrade to a Deluxe AP. Where do we go, will it be activated that day? I heard it's only about $50.00 to upgrade?
Then we're coming again in Dec (not on a blockout day)
What kind of discounts do you get off the DL hotel, like 10% savings?

I'd appreciate any info!
Thanks

Alpha1mom
06-16-2005, 04:06 AM
Anyone have any info??

sdfilmcritic
06-16-2005, 04:25 AM
The cost to upgrade from an admission ticket to an annual pass is the value of the remaining balance in the difference between the two prices. The AP Center used to be near the exit of Space Mountain, but I think it has been moved to another location. As far as hotel discounts go you need to keep your ears open for what the resort calls AP Nights. They don't offer a year round discount on their hotels but rather a small range of dates scattered throughout the year they will reduce the hotel costs for AP holders. The AP Nights will be announced on the AP page of the resort's website.

Darkbeer
06-16-2005, 09:51 AM
The current location to have your AP processed is the Bank on Main Street on the east end of the Town Square.

As mentioned above, what you paid for your ParkHopper will be given as a credit towards an AP of equal or higher value. So whatever the current price of the Deluxe AP will be in September, minus what you paid for the ParkHopper. So around $50, unless the price of AP's go up, and I don't expect that until at least October....

The best place to see all the discounts available for AP holders is here...

http://www.mousesavers.com/

(For some reason, the official Disneyland page is only available if you already have purchased an AP).

MouseSavers also does a great job of following the special AP rates and codes for the DLR hotels, but they also follow other discounts codes, which many times can get you lower rates than the AP rates.