PDA

View Full Version : Online Buzz w/in park partner. How's it work?

KarenW2
06-15-2005, 12:45 AM
I've been playing the online Buzz game that's supposed to be linked to someone in the park riding the ride and have a question. When it's after park hours, how are they able to pair you up with a rider? I've played after 1 am at times (insomnia), and can't believe there is actually a person playing the game in a ride vehicle, after the park has been closed that long, but there are scores given for one or two players. I've also been paired with another online player (they put their name at the top of the screen under mine), so I know how that would work.

Does anyone know? Any tips on how to do well at this? I know you're supposed to go after the guys with the targets on them, so park players hopefully hit targets that get lit up on the ride and they in turn end up sending you the little green men to rescue, but are there any other ideas? I didn't expect to like the game, but it is a fun time waster, if I have to be on hold making a phone call during the day or I have time to kill after dinner.

Wizard69
06-15-2005, 08:40 AM
I've been playing the online Buzz game that's supposed to be linked to someone in the park riding the ride and have a question. When it's after park hours, how are they able to pair you up with a rider? I've played after 1 am at times (insomnia), and can't believe there is actually a person playing the game in a ride vehicle, after the park has been closed that long, but there are scores given for one or two players.

That's what I'd like to know too.

My theory: The Hitchhiking Ghosts leave the Mansion at night and go play Buzz when the park is closed :)

Captain Josh
06-15-2005, 11:11 AM
The in-park connectivity can be simulated. Ever try playing when "a connection to the Disneyland Park cannot be completed"? They'll still keep track of score, and possibly pair you up with a random online buddy, but the in-park participation can be simulated.

KarenW2
06-15-2005, 11:23 AM
I was wondering if there was some sort of "solitaire" setting or something, where they just have random things happen or whatever. I can't imagine CMs hanging out in the building, playing the game til all hours of the morning.

It's kinda fun playing with another person who's online at the same time, but a little hectic, since you can't communicate with the other person. You can't say, "I'll take the left side, you take the right" or whatever. Most of the time, I end up having someone who's right in the same area I am and I have to try to work around them.

Anybody know what happens to get the "Get Zurg" thing at the end of the game? It happened to me a few times, the very first time I played and didn't know what to do, but for whatever reasons, I couldn't get him hit or picked up, like you do for the little green men. Now that I have more experience and know sort of what to do (get the "Z" guys first, so I can get more LGM), I've never seen it again!

Captain Josh
06-15-2005, 12:25 PM
You can only capture Zurg if you can destroy his escape pod at the end. It isn't easy it takes at least 2 ships working together, or one ship with a 2x firing rate power up to bring him down. After that, you use your retrieval beam to capture him.