PDA

View Full Version : Remember Dreams Come True: Fails

Mickey
06-14-2005, 11:36 PM
Hello everyone! , I had a trip to Disneyland on June 11 2005.
I had a chance to see once again Remember Dreams Come True Fireworks, and it was very disapointing not to see it as always.
First of all, there were no "canon ball" efect on the Pirates of the Carribean part from Materhorn Mountain, everyone who has seen it will now what im talking about.
Another negative thing was that there was no laser show from the castle on the Tomorrowland section.
So is this the begining of future failures? Just as we have seen on Fantasmic, sometimes they dont show Pinocchio and they have never brought back Ursula to the show. Its a real pleasure going to Disneyland, and better yet to wait for its spectacular shows, we hope they get there normal presentations so that everyone has the same feeling of excitment as always :crying:

pretty Omi
06-14-2005, 11:50 PM
when i was there on the 9th, they had the cannon effects, but true there was no lasers... i believe they may be having issues with air clearance... as i know someone who live about 4 miles away from the park, who could see them outside in their yard...

and true i have seen Fantasmis without Pinocchio every once in a while, and what do you mean no Ursula? she is still projected on the water along with the Hag, Chernabog, and Maleficent

Mickey
06-14-2005, 11:54 PM
They used to have a giant Ursula that went around Rivers of America kind of like the Crocodile that goes behind the Peter Pan boat but (she was waaay taller!), I havent seen her for several years. :(

pretty Omi
06-14-2005, 11:58 PM
oh wow, i don't even remember that from seeing it as a kid when it first came... sounds pretty cool, i love the new float of her in the parade though

FantasmicFanatic
06-15-2005, 10:57 AM
All effects were working perfectly last night for "Remember"

FF

phoenixfire2k5
06-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Come on people. This isn't a perfect world. Things to break down from time to time. The Ursula float, was having too many problems so they did away with it. Or felt they didn't have much use for it. And I feel you gave a little bit too much away when you mentioned the cannonball effect. But oh well. It is one of the best parts of the show. For the lasers, maybe they were rethinking how they are showing them. Because Mouseplanet staff posted an article about the different viewing areas for the show, and said that the plaza area is not a good way to view the lazers cause they form a shape or something, and being that the audience is below them, they cant be seen as to how they supposedly being shown. And being that most of the audience is gathered in the plaza, most people are missing the true effect. But again, it could've been a temporary malfunction. They happen. Cut them some slack. It simply could've been a case of bad timing, or in the wrong place at the wrong time.

TikiGeek
06-15-2005, 11:52 AM
They used to have a giant Ursula that went around Rivers of America ...If you miss her, she's now appearing in the Parade of Dreams. :)

phoenixfire2k5
06-15-2005, 11:57 AM
If you miss her, she's now appearing in the Parade of Dreams. :)

Not exactly the same float though, but I get what you're saying. It's a much better one though. ;)

phillyorig
06-15-2005, 11:58 AM
Even with all our probs we had that week, with lost ticket, perople traveling with, no free shuttle, a brat to travel with, it was a dream.

Come back to reality and there goes the mood!!! Back in the ole swing of things.

DL takes you away for the time you are there. No bills, no everyday life!!!.

If you are gojng to fret over the little things there...(Ok didnt count all the gold hidden mickeys! !am I upset...NO!!)

I think it's in the eye of the beholder if "their dreams come true". Did ours, well!? but i said, took u away from the real life!!!

I am waiting now for 5 yrs to go to wdw!!!!

phoenixfire2k5
06-15-2005, 12:01 PM
Ahem, please hit the edit button. ;) :p

Disney Vault
06-15-2005, 01:47 PM
Not exactly the same float though, but I get what you're saying. It's a much better one though. ;)
I wonder if when the parade is over and it is time for a new one, if they could somehow put Ursula on the river. Maybe they could put her on a raft and float her around.

maryxmas
06-15-2005, 02:33 PM
Just as we have seen on Fantasmic, sometimes they dont show Pinocchio and they have never brought back Ursula to the show.

Pinocchio has been continuously broken for awhile, but I heard he was recently fixed and coming back very soon (if he isn't back already??). I don't think that it's "sometimes he's down and sometimes he isn't", that would mean that he breaks, they fix, he breaks, they fix -- too much trouble! I would think they would take him out if that were the case.

As for Ursula, yes she been gone for several years now and I miss her too. She was great. I thought I heard a rumor they moved her somewhere else, but I could be completely mistaken. I thought maybe they gave her to WDW of Paris or something.

Mickey
06-15-2005, 02:48 PM
Oh but dont get me wrong on the fireworks show, I mean I know everything cant go perfect always, besides, its the best one Ive ever seen and there showing the fireworks EVERYDAY!!! that is a hell of a job! good for them! It was just a comment hopping it dosent happen again.
But its cool! No problems!
And returning on that Ursula float, I just think there is like many "dead space" in the show, and yes it is possitive that Pinocchio does show up sometimes and sometimes he dosent. Ive seen the show many times this year and it does come on and off. Strange but well Its a live show, so who cares , youll have fun anyway. :rolleyes: ;)

NavyCopSB
06-15-2005, 04:25 PM
If it is too windy at the level of the fireworks platform on the Matterhorn the back up display is done from the toontown fireworks location.

GrumpyUTboi
06-15-2005, 06:28 PM
At least you were able to go to DL. I know that some things are disappointing but I remember a family from London that went last year that did not know that there were a lot of rides being refurbed, and they still had the time of their life.

DCAWhites
06-16-2005, 12:37 AM
I see the show nearly 4 times a week because I'm a cm. The only thing I know they have cut so far is during the tiki room segment, those WONDERFUL gigantic flowers that used to explode two at a time twice now are one at a time twice with a smaller (cheaper) firework next to it. Also, they've been fiddling with the hub launch locations. I vividly remember the crackling fireworks on top of photo supply, plaza inn, coke corner, and golden horseshoe during the haunted mansion section. Now only buzz , the castle, and rancho del zocalo have these. I dont know why they were cut, perhaps parents complaining that they scared their child or too much smoke. Now instead non-crackly fireworks explode from the south hub. And often, coke corner only has the stretching room firework come off of it (even when they arent using backstage.

Christiii
06-16-2005, 09:00 AM
Its such an amazing show!! Brings me to tears every time...Even tho it may not always go perfect....its as close to perfect as any show Ive ever seen!