PDA

View Full Version : Funniest thing you've heard from a CM

Pages : [1] 2

CoasterChickie
06-14-2005, 04:20 PM
This may be slightly inapprpriate to share, but I had to buy some feminine products for one of the gals in our group and the CM asked "Need anything else to go with those? Maybe some chocolate covered pretzels? "

I thought it was hilarious!! :fez:

In fact, all of the CMs we encountered this weekend were great and a big part of what made our trip so enjoyable!! :)

pirateabbie
06-14-2005, 04:28 PM
This may be slightly inapprpriate to share, but I had to buy some feminine products for one of the gals in our group and the CM asked "Ned anything else to go with those. Maybe some chocolate covered pretzels? "

n fact, all of the CMs we encountered this weekend were great and a big part of what made our trip so enjoyable!! :)

Wouldn't life be grand if everytime we bought feminine products someone asked us that question? That would make the cramps less annoying!

The Mouse Is Back
06-14-2005, 04:36 PM
We were on the Storybook Land Canal Boats and when we got to the Pinocchio village scene, one of the DL ducks was lying there relaxing. The CM hosting our boat announced, "And here is Pinocchio's village - I'm sure you all remember the giant duck from that story."

-Allegra-

tod
06-14-2005, 04:43 PM
As we were making the turn past Trader Sam, the Jungle Cruise guide said "If you have any complaints, you can write to this address," and pointed at the Arabic writing on the wall of Aladdin's Oasis!

Funny, clean, and I hadn't heard it before. I haven't had that experience on teh Jungle Cruise since they put the elephants in in 1962 (I think -- maybe the year is off, but not by much) and the guide said "It's okay to take pictures -- they all have their trunks on."

--t

MrsG
06-14-2005, 05:20 PM
Wouldn't life be grand if everytime we bought feminine products someone asked us that question? That would make the cramps less annoying!
Feminine products and chocolate should be packaged together!

Shortiemetoo
06-14-2005, 05:33 PM
This may be slightly inapprpriate to share, but I had to buy some feminine products for one of the gals in our group and the CM asked "Need anything else to go with those? Maybe some chocolate covered pretzels? "

In fact, all of the CMs we encountered this weekend were great and a big part of what made our trip so enjoyable!! :)

Now with the new commercial they have on t.v. they will start asking all the women who buy feminine hygiene products if they also want some milk!! ;)

Flamingo Kid
06-14-2005, 05:51 PM
While entering the monorail, my 6 foot 1 husband didnt lower his head enough to clear the roof. He smacked his head good and loud.
The CM standing nearby loudly exclaimed...Hey dont hurt my monorail...
I laughed so hard, I almost wet my pants.
Believe me, he ducks everytime we ride the monorail since then.

lilypad
06-14-2005, 05:57 PM
I was walking past CLub 33 and there was this drain in the ground and this foam starting pouring out of it. And there were 2 castmembers on the side who draw caricatures and the younger castmember was staring strangely at the weird foam and said "What the HECK is that?!?!" It's not really funny, but just funny to see a castmember say that and the funny look on his face.

UncleGDogWord
06-15-2005, 05:07 AM
We were about to take the Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour and were longing around City Hall (Which they had staff outside the building due to the renovation of City Hall) when this angry woman cuts through the few people in line and demands her lost tickets be replaced. The CM asked what type of ticket were they. The women explained they were her Universal One Day passes. The CM asked if she lost them in the park and she yell "H#ll no!" and he told her that she would need to contact Universal. The CM offered to dial their customer service office for her but she lost steamed and storm out of the park.

Ulysses
06-15-2005, 09:14 AM
That is hilarious. But CMs in stores are trained to prompt the guest to purchase additional merchandise. I would have suggested aspirin, myself, but come to think of it the chocolate would be welcome considering the situation.

Opus1guy
06-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Didn't hear this personally, but from a former Cast Member friend:

A gentleman walked up to a couple of Cast Members in Town Square and asked with an Australian accent where he could find the latrine. The one Cast Member directed him up to the train station and added that he would really enjoy it as he would see the Grand Canyon and the Dinosaurs.

To which the amazed Guest exclaimed in astonishment, "In the bloody loo?!"

:)

While entering the monorail, my 6 foot 1 husband didnt lower his head enough to clear the roof. He smacked his head good and loud.

Well...there's always that old Monorail warning:

"Lower your head and watch your step. And if you hit your head, lower your voice and watch your language!"

:)

crazi4dlr
06-15-2005, 11:38 AM
while in line for Screamin' last summer the CM entertained us in his deadpan voice with "we hope you are enjoying your time at the former Disneyland parking lot. in fact this was the worst part of the parking lot cause no one ever parked out here because the walk to the tram was so long...." It may not be that funny but it made me laugh for some time. Ya gotta admit it was clever. :D

phillyorig
06-15-2005, 12:01 PM
AT the main entrance to DL, we got a pic with Mickey and I asked the cast memeber who was next to Pluto to take our pic...

He said "yes, as long as they don't attack the dog!"

I look back and its funny but then it wasn't ;)

phoenixfire2k5
06-15-2005, 12:18 PM
We were on the Storybook Land Canal Boats and when we got to the Pinocchio village scene, one of the DL ducks was lying there relaxing. The CM hosting our boat announced, "And here is Pinocchio's village - I'm sure you all remember the giant duck from that story."

-Allegra-

OMG!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!!

phoenixfire2k5
06-15-2005, 12:23 PM
I laughed so hard, I almost wet my pants.
Believe me, he ducks everytime we ride the monorail since then.

LMAO!!!

Seven years ago, the girl I was dating at the time clumsily ran into one of the trash bins near the mark twain dock. The male cast member standing there, watching, said "We'll remove that!" We both busted out laughing.

A few years ago when I was a cast member, myself and a few other CM's were standing near the downslope towards toontown right near small world. This was during the xmas season where this area was the designated stroller parking zone and was roped off. We were talking, and as we were, this young kid comes running by (it was night time) and he runs into the rope. He didn't fall over, but he did knock over one of those moveable posts that they fasten the rope to. He turned to us, face in shock, yelled "Sorry!" then took off and ran. The other 3 cast members and I were busting out laughing.

phoenixfire2k5
06-15-2005, 12:26 PM
Well...there's always that old Monorail warning:

"Lower your head and watch your step. And if you hit your head, lower your voice and watch your language!"

:)[/QUOTE]

I thought that was on the Jungle Cruise? Could've sworn they said it on there.

phoenixfire2k5
06-15-2005, 12:28 PM
while in line for Screamin' last summer the CM entertained us in his deadpan voice with "we hope you are enjoying your time at the former Disneyland parking lot. in fact this was the worst part of the parking lot cause no one ever parked out here because the walk to the tram was so long...." It may not be that funny but it made me laugh for some time. Ya gotta admit it was clever. :D

Clever yes, but in most cases, that can get a cast member fired because it is overuse of the mic and can be seen as unprofessional. C'mon, it ain't the Jungle Cruise. They can get away with that stuff on there.

Opus1guy
06-15-2005, 12:32 PM

I thought that was on the Jungle Cruise? Could've sworn they said it on there.

It gets around. :)

mbrady
06-15-2005, 01:14 PM
While approaching the Tomorrowland Railroad Station, a female CM came on the PA to quickly list off the attractions available in Tomorrowland - this was before Buzz opened and there wasn't much there - and she rattled off Innoventions, etc. and concluded with "the big marble ball".

crazi4dlr
06-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Clever yes, but in most cases, that can get a cast member fired because it is overuse of the mic and can be seen as unprofessional. C'mon, it ain't the Jungle Cruise. They can get away with that stuff on there.

Well I won't tell if you won't ;)

MrsSmith
06-15-2005, 06:08 PM
You can buy feminine products inside Disneyland? Where?

Disnerd
06-15-2005, 08:54 PM
Quote "Clever yes, but in most cases, that can get a cast member fired because it is overuse of the mic and can be seen as unprofessional. C'mon, it ain't the Jungle Cruise. They can get away with that stuff on there."

That never stopped Maynard at HM, Tiki, HISTA. The unions would never let a CM get fired for that. You can pretty much do anything you want and as long as your points are low you can't get fired.

phoenixfire2k5
06-15-2005, 10:08 PM
Quote "Clever yes, but in most cases, that can get a cast member fired because it is overuse of the mic and can be seen as unprofessional. C'mon, it ain't the Jungle Cruise. They can get away with that stuff on there."

That never stopped Maynard at HM, Tiki, HISTA. The unions would never let a CM get fired for that. You can pretty much do anything you want and as long as your points are low you can't get fired.

Well yeah, maybe not fired, but reprimanded or written up. I used to do that at Knotts and was nailed a few times. And I also used to work Splash, and I remember being told not to be to excessive on the mic.

johnnykool327
06-15-2005, 11:18 PM
Custodial CM with little shoe walking down street:

"Ladies and gentlemen, this shoe has appeared to lost it's child. If you have the child that belongs to this shoe, let me know!"

-cant believe I got away with taht one

SoCalDude
06-16-2005, 07:18 PM
"WHOOOO-HOOOOO NIGHT TIME JUNGLE CRUISE!" - repeated about 50 times during the ride while the boat lights were turned off, or flashed on and off each time.

The ENTIRE boat was cracking up each time - I have never been on such a good JC ride --- ever