PDA

View Full Version : The most disgusting thing I ever experienced at a Disney park...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

fjhuerta
06-14-2005, 04:05 PM
I'll soon post a thread about my trip to DL last weekend (absolutely AWESOME!), but I have to vent about this. Sorry... I need to get it off my chest. It was disgusting, and I *think* I did the right thing. I'm not sure.

Anyway.

I was at the Animation Building on DCA (yes, I went there!). My wife wanted a pic of her with Snow White. It was around 5 - 6.00 PM.

A little kid didn't want to have his picture taken with Snow White. He was in front of us. The CM helping Snow White was waiting for his mother to convince him to take the picture.

Anyway, he did. And when he was leaving, he told the CM "Now you owe me a toy for letting me take my picture!" (all in good humor - the kid must have been 7 or so).

The CM told him back, almost shouting: "Do you think I can afford to buy you a toy? I WORK AT DISNEYLAND! I don't have any money!".

:geek:

I didn't say a thing, took my pic, and debated whether to report the CM. I finally decided not to do so, knowing that it would surely cost him his job.

I guess the "Happiest Place on Earth" is not the "Place with the most competitive salaries". :(

rentayenta
06-14-2005, 04:14 PM
Personally, I think the 7 y/o's behavior was pretty disgusting as well.

fjhuerta
06-14-2005, 04:28 PM
Personally, I think the 7 y/o's behavior was pretty disgusting as well.

He was a 7 year old kid making a joke, smiling and laughing. If you find that disgusting, then I can't imagine what you may think about the CM's attitude. Meaning that, we both agree.

(You weren't expecting that kind of answer, were you?)

CoasterChickie
06-14-2005, 04:35 PM
Is it possible that the CM was also joking like they seem to be doing on all the rides by saying things like "Stay in school so you won't have to work here" or ""Id like to thank the penal system of California for giving me a second chance by allowing me to work here."

If the CM was dead serious , I agree that he probably shouldn't be telling the guests that he's paid lousy wages.

bluepearl
06-14-2005, 04:42 PM
Was the CM the one actually taking the photo or the attendant? Because the CMs who walk around the park with those cameras are actually employed by Kodak, not Disney. And I have no idea what their starting wages are.

I probably would've laughed at the comment, just because of my own experience.

Marox3
06-14-2005, 04:43 PM
The boy didn't want his picture taken, so the mother pushed him into doing something he didn't want??? Then, he and the CM make rude comments back and forth. Whose the grown-up? No one in this case.

The whole situation should have never happened...

fjhuerta
06-14-2005, 04:46 PM
Is it possible that the CM was also joking like they seem to be doing on all the rides about by saying things like "Stay in school so you won't have to work here" or ""Id like to thank the penal system of California for giving me a secnd chance by allowing me to work here."

If the CM was dead serious , I agree that he probably shouldn't be telling the guests that he's paid lousy wages.
:lol: Do they really say that??? Heh. I have never met such a CM :)

The thing with the guy on the Animation building is - he had this huge sarcastic smile on his face... :rolleyes: I didn't feel at all comfortable, and I guess that's what counts.

fjhuerta
06-14-2005, 04:47 PM
Was the CM the one actually taking the photo or the attendant? Because the CMs who walk around the park with those cameras are actually employed by Kodak, not Disney. And I have no idea what their starting wages are.

I probably would've laughed at the comment, just because of my own experience.
It was the "chaperone" of Snow White. He wasn't the one taking the pics.

bradk
06-14-2005, 04:54 PM
i'm pretty sure i heard the penal code thing.. on JC I think

speaking of JC.. had one skipper who had a little speech at the end.. something like 'i just want to thank my legs for supporting me, my arms for always giving me a hand' and there was like a bunch more but i can't believe i totally forgot :( very clever tho. hopefully someone could finish it for me.. and i just realized that almost belongs in another recent post instead. owell.

rentayenta
06-14-2005, 05:03 PM
The boy didn't want his picture taken, so the mother pushed him into doing something he didn't want??? Then, he and the CM make rude comments back and forth. Whose the grown-up? No one in this case.

The whole situation should have never happened...

I completely agree! :)

Rhiannon8404
06-14-2005, 05:13 PM
The boy didn't want his picture taken, so the mother pushed him into doing something he didn't want??? <snip>The whole situation should have never happened...

I have to agree with this part especially...why would anyone push their child to have their picture taken with a character if they didn't want to? The whole situation could have been avoided by not making the child do something he didn't want to do.

lilypad
06-14-2005, 05:47 PM
I think a lot of the cast members are starting to lose it. I remember the first time I went to Disneyland 5 years ago and all the castmembers were amazingly nice and friendly (it really was the happiest place on Earth), but I compare that trip to when I go now and it's a world of difference. Dont get my wrong there are ALOT of nice castmembers, but it seems everytime I go into the park most of the CMs act like they hate their jobs.

Durliin
06-14-2005, 05:47 PM
i'm pretty sure i heard the penal code thing.. on JC I think

speaking of JC.. had one skipper who had a little speech at the end.. something like 'i just want to thank my legs for supporting me, my arms for always giving me a hand' and there was like a bunch more but i can't believe i totally forgot :( very clever tho. hopefully someone could finish it for me.. and i just realized that almost belongs in another recent post instead. owell.

Its before you leave I would like to thank my legs for supporting me all these years my arms for always being by my side and also my fingers becasue I could always count on them

bradk
06-14-2005, 05:50 PM
you rock. thanks! although i'll forget it by the weekend.

tod
06-14-2005, 05:59 PM
The places new parents manage to stow used diapers always intriges me.

Under train seats.
In unused storage lockers. (Thay can't do that any more with the new system, thankfully.)
On top of trash containers.

Et cetera.

These people just don't understand that not only are strangers not enraptured by their little Tiffany or Jason, but we are particularly not enraptured by their poop.

--t

disneyland addict13
06-14-2005, 06:27 PM
When riding the Matterhorn in Disneyland a few years ago before the ride started I grasped the handrail on the inside of the sled. To my displeasure, I felt a squishy substance between my fingers. As I lifted my hand off the handrail I saw that a brownish green substance covered the upper part of my hand. Before it even got NEAR my face I could tell that is was baby poop. Somebody probably had a diaper bag in the sled during one of the previous rides and "something" had rubbed off. I had to endure the ENTIRE ride with baby poop on my hand which was a very interesting experience. Right after getting off the ride I rushed to the nearest bathroom and THOROUGHLY washed off the poop. That is definetely the most disgusting experience I've ever had at Disneyland.

fjhuerta
06-14-2005, 06:35 PM
When riding the Matterhorn in Disneyland a few years ago before the ride started I grasped the handrail on the inside of the sled. To my displeasure, I felt a squishy substance between my fingers. As I lifted my hand off the handrail I saw that a brownish green substance covered the upper part of my hand. Before it even got NEAR my face I could tell that is was baby poop. Somebody probably had a diaper bag in the sled during one of the previous rides and "something" had rubbed off. I had to endure the ENTIRE ride with baby poop on my hand which was a very interesting experience. Right after getting off the ride I rushed to the nearest bathroom and THOROUGHLY washed off the poop. That is definetely the most disgusting experience I've ever had at Disneyland.
:geek:

BellhopMicah
06-14-2005, 06:40 PM
Oh..my..gawd.. :eek: :eek: :eek:

SCUBAbe
06-14-2005, 06:47 PM
you have got to go more often if thats's the most disgusting thing you have ever seen...and count yourself as lucky if that is true...LOL

*disclaimer*directed at OP...not above...that is gross...*yuck*

fjhuerta
06-14-2005, 06:53 PM
you have got to go more often if thats's the most disgusting thing you have ever seen...
I said "At Disneyland". I don't expect anything out of the guests who are around, but I do expect certain level of professionalism from the Cast Members. If I said something even remotely similar at my job, I'd be fired at the spot. I'm not even in the services / entertainment buisness. I don't seem to understand why most of you don't care about this persons' attitude, but I seem to remember a time when such a thing would never happen at Disneyland. Times change, I guess.

Hakuna Makarla
06-14-2005, 06:55 PM
Most disgusting thing I saw in disneyland
some fat broad throwing up just out side the paradise pier in the bushes , oh crapola that was me:eek: after a huge corndog and riding the maliboomer and the coaster 3 times :)

SCUBAbe
06-14-2005, 06:57 PM
I said "At Disneyland".

yeah....and I was referring to DL...LOL...yes times change. They used to have a waiting liost to be hired at DL. they could picl from the cream of the crop...now they hire people with pulses....last time i was in line for the sunwheel the CM was on the phone talking about some party she went to with another CM...She then hung up the phone and proceeded to talk about the party to the CM working with her...they barely gave any notice to the guests or their jobs.....yep, times change.....however, I notoced because I was bored waiting in line, but as long as they kept the line moving they could be picking their butts and I wouln't care.

fjhuerta
06-14-2005, 06:58 PM
yeah....and I was referring to DL...LOL...

Perhaps you are right, I'm lucky.

MrsG
06-14-2005, 07:07 PM
some fat broad throwing up just out side the paradise pier in the bushes , oh crapola that was me:eek: after a huge corndog and riding the maliboomer and the coaster 3 times :)
Thanks for the vivid visual Karla!

How about 3 teenaged guys on spring break drinking beer (from illegal cans in brown paper bags) on the trains and then one pukes his guts out on one of the benches. The conductor and the custodial CMs were NOT happy!

rentayenta
06-14-2005, 07:08 PM

Karla, I love you! You always make me smile! :D