PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Underground?????

BELLEH5
02-01-2002, 09:00 PM
I have always wondered if there is a little city underground? I think I read something about this in "Mouse Tales". Also my friend told me that his friends were caught shop lifting and brought to an underground jail. I'm just curious to know what goes on Back stage. thanks in advance:)

belleh5

PhilMP
02-01-2002, 09:17 PM
Yeah, under Main Street there's this entire complex where the Disney Armed Forces trains and lives in preparation of the Company eventually taking over the world after they complete their worldwide conspiracy of brainwashing every human being through subliminal messages in their movies, tv shows, etc. Hehe, I always enjoy telling people that when they ask a question about an "underground complex" at Disneyland. :)

Your friends are lying, there is no underground in Disneyland, save for a couple tunnels in Tomorrowland and the underground complex in New Orleans Square, which houses storerooms for the restaurants and a restaurant for Cast working in the area.

However, there is an actual underground facility at WDW. Actually, it's technically not underground since it was built at ground level, with onstage areas built on top of it.

Phil

tabacco
02-01-2002, 10:20 PM
It's backstage, not belowstage :)

mrfantasmic
02-02-2002, 09:53 AM
There is also an underground control center under Pinocchio, the site of the old Mickey Mouse Club Theatre. This place controls all of the sound systems in the park.

Morrigoon
02-02-2002, 03:27 PM
Well, but there's the sound system thing near the Main Street Team Center too... PBX system or some such.

WizKidRyan
02-02-2002, 09:35 PM
OMG Otter Pops!
I havent seen those in sooooooo long :)
I want some...now!

mrfantasmic
02-02-2002, 10:15 PM
There is also an underground tunnel underneath portions of Tomorrowland (more towards the berm, it turns out). The tunnel is lined with water control pipes for the lagoon and other systems.

DZNEENUT
02-02-2002, 10:41 PM
The Tomorrowland tunnel extends from back stage to the Tomorrowland Terrace (Club Buzz) or whatever they're calling it now. Not only does it contain utility lines, but syrup lines for the cola dispensers, a small trash collection site, and serves as a performer entrance to the stage the rises up.

Underneath New Orleans Square there is a place for cast members to eat. If you go to the bathrooms in New Orleans Square, you will see the cast member entrance. It leads to the stairs. I believe it is called "The Pit."

Not much else is underground. Not wise to build tunnels in sandy soil in earthquake country. Our lack of basements isn't because we are just cheap you know.

mrfantasmic
02-02-2002, 10:43 PM
Syrup lines too?
Hope they don't break! It would be return of the rats!