PDA

View Full Version : Haven't been since 1995- what is different?

mskeshaffer
06-14-2005, 12:16 PM
Hi, everyone, I haven't been to Disneyland since 1995. (Have seen Indy and Splash). I have gone to WDW last year, so I've already been on Pooh. Grew up in So Cal, so went to DL about every year from 1974-1995. I'm trying to visualize my upcoming trip- July 18th. I've read about how maintanance has been slacking at the park, and the park is growing shabbier. Has this been corrected for the 50th? Also, how is Fastpass working? (When I went to WDW, attendence was so slow they had only a few rides with Fastpass switched on). Another issue- my 80yr old father will be with us, and he has heart failure, and can't walk far or climb a flight of stairs. I've read about a Special Assistance pass, but how does this work? Thanks in advance, Martha

Disney Vault
06-14-2005, 12:18 PM
Hi, everyone, I haven't been to Disneyland since 1995. (Have seen Indy and Splash). I have gone to WDW last year, so I've already been on Pooh. Grew up in So Cal, so went to DL about every year from 1974-1995. I'm trying to visualize my upcoming trip- July 18th. I've read about how maintanance has been slacking at the park, and the park is growing shabbier. Has this been corrected for the 50th? Also, how is Fastpass working? (When I went to WDW, attendence was so slow they had only a few rides with Fastpass switched on). Another issue- my 80yr old father will be with us, and he has heart failure, and can't walk far or climb a flight of stairs. I've read about a Special Assistance pass, but how does this work? Thanks in advance, Martha
Maintanace is perfect again in DL. Everything looks brand new. And And by the time you go Space Mountain will be open with new effects so you will have to do that because you can't compare it to the one at WDW.

TP2000
06-14-2005, 12:34 PM
I've read about how maintanance has been slacking at the park, and the park is growing shabbier. Has this been corrected for the 50th? Also, how is Fastpass working? (When I went to WDW, attendence was so slow they had only a few rides with Fastpass switched on). Another issue- my 80yr old father will be with us, and he has heart failure, and can't walk far or climb a flight of stairs. I've read about a Special Assistance pass, but how does this work? Thanks in advance, Martha

Maintenance and peeling paint was a story to be discussed during the 1998-2003 time period. You are about two years too late for that discussion because the Park looks amazing now.

Fastpass works the same at Disneyland. But with an 80 year old in the group I doubt you'll be going on Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain or Indiana Jones. There are only 6 Fastpass rides left in Disneyland, and they are all thrill rides.

They no longer have a Special Assistance Pass. They have a Guest Assistance Card, and it is tailored to the individual via 8 different types of stamps at Guest Relations. They don't just hand them out anymore, and you will probably be told that the best accomodation Disneyland can make for your elderly relative with heart trouble is to rent a wheelchair to assist him with his "endurance issues". They no longer just hand out front-of-the-line passes for free anymore. It's very restrictive on purpose now.

Be prepared for very, very crowded conditions at Disneyland when you go this summer.

hlbtimes2
06-14-2005, 01:05 PM
All of Calif. Adventure and downtown disney new since you were there last! Innovations in tomorrow land is new since then (although its not all that great). Buzz astro blaster ride is new- just opened this spring. The parade and fireworks are of course new, for the 50th. Other changes would be small- astro orbitor moved in tomorrow land, resturants have changed here and there, etc.

Rouxe1688
06-14-2005, 01:52 PM
I didn't go until 1998 so i can't say what's changed exactly, but i think most of the changes are little things that were done during refurbs. Of course, no more 20,000 leagues and no country bear jamboree but you probably already knew about those. The Autopia was redone, its a car park/off-road course now, it's very cute, new cars too. Space Mountain will be the biggest change, i can't wait to see it. I'm not sure when the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse was redone, but now it's Tarzan's treehouse. I cna't think of anything else, Have fun!

Disney Vault
06-14-2005, 03:13 PM
Oh I forgot about the haunted mansion and jungle cruise updates. You will want to check those out for sure.

Shortiemetoo
06-14-2005, 04:04 PM
When did it change from Michael Jackson's Captn. EO to HISTA?? If you haven't seen that it is worth watching one time just for the effects!