PDA

View Full Version : Ever dreamed about being in the park?

Pages : [1] 2

Mark Mywords
06-14-2005, 10:30 AM
Wow, I had a doozy the other night.
I dreamt that over the course of our 6 day vacation, we only managed to get through one attraction (HISTA)! :eek:

bradk
06-14-2005, 10:34 AM
i had like 3 before my trip. not pleasant ones either.

lauramaynot
06-14-2005, 10:42 AM
In my last dream about the park we were riding the newly referbed space mountain. All my kids and husband were buckled in and when the cm told us to pull up on our belts I realized that none of the belts locked. I panicked and tried to get the cm to stop the ride but we left the station anyway. My oldest kid sitting behind me freaked out and jumped out of the car onto the track - as I looked back I saw him being run over by the car behind us. I jumped out as fast as I could and watched the rest of my family go around the curve into the "launch"...needless to say when I woke up, I went to make sure my kid was still breathing. Can you say anxiety????

Niwel
06-14-2005, 10:42 AM
All the time -- both DL and WDW. It is my own version of the parks, but it is always the same layout (so I know where everything is). It usually centers on one or two rides ... or me attempting to get to the park ... or getting there and not being able to ride.

Andrew
06-14-2005, 10:47 AM
When we used to visit every Sunday, I'd dream about being there. Now, when we visit four to six times a year, not so much.

tink's mom
06-14-2005, 11:24 AM
I had one before our last trip there. In it I kept trying to get my family out the door of the hotel and to DL before it closed and we kept getting there right at closing. I could see everything going on there from our hotel and I was getting really mad at my husband :p

hlbtimes2
06-14-2005, 11:24 AM
Wow, I had a doozy the other night.
I dreamt that over the course of our 6 day vacation, we only managed to get through one attraction (HISTA)! :eek:

That isnt a dream, that is a nightmare!

pirateabbie
06-14-2005, 11:28 AM
I have had many dreams about Disneyland. Usually everything is all wrong. In my last dream Splash Mountain was like the log ride at the county fair. No one but me knew it was wrong and I kept trying to explain what the ride was supposed to be like. No one listened. Luckily I woke up and realized it had all been a dream.

Mark Mywords
06-14-2005, 12:01 PM
In it I kept trying to get my family out the door of the hotel and to DL before it closed and we kept getting there right at closing.

This is almost the exact dream that I had!

We were staying at Hojo's and, even though we would leave at 7am each morning, somehow we couldn't get to the park before closing!

I can't remember all of the details, but I do remember that on one of the days the reason we couldn't get to the park was that somebody in our party got arrested and we had to go bail them out!

crazi4dlr
06-14-2005, 12:34 PM
We leave for DL on Monday the 20th and the last 2 nights I've had the wierdest dreams. In the 1st one we were watching the logs on SM but we were really close up to the drop and I noticed that the "track" only came about 2 feet out of the mountain and the rest of the drop was a free fall. The boats would go over and down and then they would be in a track again except the last one didn't make the track and it was a disaster. Then last night I dreamed that I was telling someone about the dream and realizing it was only a dream and all of a sudden we were on the ride and it was really long and the characters never showed up and we got to the last drop and there was no water only concrete and the boat went over.....and I woke up.

What's with all the Disney anxiety??? I mean I know I need a vacation and I can't wait to be there......

Shortiemetoo
06-14-2005, 01:29 PM
If I go to bed right after reading/posting on MousePlanet I always have DL dreams. My last one I went to DCA and they said that anyone at DCA could no longer visit DL...not ever...was that wierd or what? And how could they ever enforce that anyway...sheesh...dreams.

amarvel
06-14-2005, 01:37 PM
I have and usually do either right before a trip or right after. Sometimes I have it during the planning, like a had a boring one last week about just being there, nothing exciting in it though.

Disney Vault
06-14-2005, 01:42 PM
All the time. Sometimes about DL, WDW, and even for parks I have never been to- DLP and TDL.

PirateSmile
06-14-2005, 03:03 PM
Oh, man! I dream about it allllll the time. The best dreams I have are 1-2 weeks after we get back home, and a lot of times I will be on BTMR or some other ride and will actually feel the ride in my dream. Odd, but I LOVE it.

PragmaticIdealist
06-14-2005, 03:30 PM
When I was a little kid, the thing, which most played with my mind and scared me in some ways was the fact that the exteriors of some Attractions like Pirates of the Caribbean seem so small compared to the interiors. That observation, more than any other, led me to think that Disneyland really was touched with a magic over which I had no control.

I think I may even have a little agoraphobia because of those experiences.

I can remember a nightmare I had as a child where I was in Pirates of the Caribbean, and somehow I passed through the looking glass or the wardrobe doors, if you will, to find my boat adrift in a dark and endless sea.

Very Jungian... huh? :)

nursemelis374
06-14-2005, 03:36 PM
I have a recurring dream that I am unable to actually get to DL or WDW. I am so excited to go and then we never seem to get there. It can be for a variety of reasons; the car breaks down, plane stops in wrong city, friends/family taking too long, etc.

Mukta
06-14-2005, 03:44 PM
I have a recurring dream where there is a ride I never knew existed. I am always surprised that there is something there that I have never heard of or seen. Then it usually ends up being a dark ride that frightens me.

BWthespian
06-14-2005, 03:54 PM
how funny loll,im an annual passholder and have been abstaining from everything disney for about 5months now, just so u know i dont grow sick of the place lol,but yeah anyways my disney dreams are usually very twisted and bizarre,like how mentioned above it was disneyland in my own personal way i guess,one i remeber the most hmmmm dogpaddling through pirates of the caribbean on a boogie board,i think it was nightmare actually cuz i was in there alone and all the audio and stuff was on full blast and was really exhausted from trying to paddle out,weird huh lol, ive had a ton of other dreams but im to lazy to type them up.

DisneylandForever
06-14-2005, 04:07 PM
I have a recurring dream that the Haunted Mansion is an actual house. But it's also the ride. Sometimes I'll be on the second floor, and they have these real long, narrow hallways. I see a spook or something and run towards a window. I open it and see the people standing in line waiting to ride! I yell but nobody hears me. Freaky stuff.

lilypad
06-14-2005, 05:52 PM
I have had about 2 or 3 dreams about being in Disneyland, they were nice ones. In one, I was the only person in the park and was walking down Mainstreet and going on all the rides with it being totally empty. It was fun.. too bad it can't happen in real life ;)

sdfilmcritic
06-14-2005, 05:56 PM
A DLR dream does pop up every so often. And it's always an interesting dream.

SallySkellington
06-14-2005, 06:43 PM
I often have DL dreams. They usually involve HM or HMH at some point in the dream. :cool: :D

ILoveChurros
06-14-2005, 08:28 PM
I once had a dream where Ronald McDonald was chasing me around Disneyland :shivers: actually it was more of a nightmare.

BQ2
06-15-2005, 05:34 AM
Ever dreamed about being in the park?

Yes, we do! ;)

sdfilmcritic
06-15-2005, 05:37 AM
I once had a dream where Ronald McDonald was chasing me around Disneyland :shivers: actually it was more of a nightmare.I'm so sorry. Did he keep asking you if you wanted to super size your order of churros?