PDA

View Full Version : Scrapbook/Memories

bananna
06-14-2005, 09:06 AM
Not sure if this will work.. All my other reports merged, and I felt this should be separated.. (sorry if it's duplicated) I think people get bored with reports and don't read the whole thing.. I can get so detailed. I had hoped they would stay separated into groups.. oh well..

Here are my suggestions for memories.. (hope it's helpful).. I wish I could write a book! If anything.. it'll all go into my girls' journal.

50th Anniversary merchandise: CM said, after the anniversary is over, they will not be reducing the price of 50th merchandise but instead THROWING IT ALL OUT. We saved our 50th park maps; and purchased the imfamous golden ears. More merchandise (new) is expected for the 2nd kick-off in July

We took 2 1/2 hours of video.. Girls enjoyed when we returned. Husband took on fast roller coaster rides.. very cool. Electric Parade and Fireworks even showed up well. Film as much as you can and edit later.. My husband even videotaped four year old after her nap, singing a song in the room, while 6yr old and I were out... very cute... And when we we getting Mickey's autograph, and having family shot taken, husband sat camera on ground, still focusing on us.. and filmed that too. Forgot to film swimming at the pool, going down the slide.. Ten years from now, we'll be so glad AND SAD, when we watch their first trip to Disneyland! (we paid $25+ for two 8mm film, because we forgot ours at home.. ARGH )

Photos: If you can, get to the park before 8am Early Entries; and take a photo between the gates of the park/mickey/train station, WITHOUT people.

Heard that 100ISO film is best for photographing fireworks.. still have to try it. Used 800 all week.. curious to see how they'll turn out..

I brought in my telephoto lens and my digital.. used everything, because I'm into taking photos. The girls can only handle so much! Even offered to take a digital of a guest w/Ariel (and e-mail to them) because they ran out of film, and debated paying and waiting for the professional shot. They were leaving that day. Wish I took more digitals to share when I immediately got home. Still have a ton of film to take in... three days later..

CM's taking your photos with THEIR cameras, will also take group shots with your camera, if you ask.

Be sure to have your photo taken at the entrance, where they have you cup your hands.. Be sure to look at your kids empty hands.. When photo is ready, tinkerbell will appear in your cupped hands.. WE FORGOT TO PICK THIS PHOTO UP. I am so bummed. You only have 48hours. Call this number (within 48hrs) if you forget and they :MIGHT mail to you: 800.362.4533

Scrapbooking: If you're into scrapbooking take pictures of signs or ride/hotel signage, and use this for your titles on your scrapbook page...
The Disney Store has '50th' Scrapbooks - 2 designs; 50th w/Castle; and whimsical 2005 w/mickey. I did not buy one and wish I did. I'm going to have my friend pick one up on her visit!! $25 & $28. They also had scrapbook paper.

Journal/Notebook; I have been typing in my kids' journal (4 & 6) since they were born. use to be everyday.. now, sometimes, I'll go days or weeks without writing, trying to catch up when an event happens. My kids said so many cute things at Disneyland, that I forgot my notebook, and wish I could have remembered what that said. Cute one liners, etc. Then, I was too tired, when we got back to the hotel.. And now that we've returned home, I'm trying to remember what they said... Besides.. it's good to have a pen and paper, just in case.. like trying to remember the photo number from the ride you just went on, only to go on it a 2nd time, and forgetting the first number...