PDA

View Full Version : Remember... New Fireworks are Awesome!

phoenixfire2k5
06-13-2005, 06:07 PM
First off, if you wander around online or the Disney stores and see a certain CD with Julie Andrews on it, for those that are unaware, I just want to let people know something first. Don't get me wrong, I adore Julie Andrews. She is one of my favorite actress and a true class act. So when I first saw this CD, I thought it was her singing the selected Disney classics. I purchased the CD only to hear them in their original releases. She just selected them. I already have the Disney Greatest Collections CDs, so I didn't need this one. Though I would love to hear her sing her own renditions of these Disney classics along with others. Just thought I'd warn others before purchasing it just in case they're wanting it for the same reason I wanted to get it. Otherwise, enjoy it.

Now for the matter at hand.

I was there May 5th in the MASSIVE amounts of people and the 50th has kicked off with a huge bang. All I'm waiting for is Space Mountain. I have seen the new fireworks show and it is the best one I have seen yet! Fantasmic eat your heart out! While waiting in line to see Episode 3 and talking to a current cast member, I found out that it has been dubbed a mini-fantasmic. Because it attracts so many people. I'm sure cast members are tinkering with ideas or ways to try to control or disperse the level of crowds that are gathered in the plaza hub every night. I do have at least one idea which I will cover a little later.

I put this in a reply to another posting, but I'm making this thread so that everyone can see it easier. The good people at Mouseplanet posted an article about the fireworks and the different areas to view them from. It has been agreed that the plaza hub, the center of the park where the Partners Walt Disney statue is located, is the overall best place to view the amazing fireworks. The article did state the advantages and disadvantages to each area. I'm just going to briefly point out my favorite and probably the best spot within the best spot in the park. There are at least two factors that you have to consider when choosing a spot. The fact that people camp out REALLY early, mainly in front of the castle, and right after at least one of the parades. And that within the plaza hub, there are numerous things like trees and umbrellas that can block the various views of the show. You at least want to see the castle because of what is projected on it, and because of Tinkerbell. But you also want to see the Matterhorn because of how IT is involved. Now unless you want to see the same parade twice even though it is really good, you might want to see the second showing so you can stay in your really good seat to see the fireworks shortly after. REMEMBER THIS: When looking at a map of Disneyland, direct your eyes to the northeast curve of the plaza hub. North facing towards the castle, with Tomorrowland on your right. Align yourself with the parade route (which is drawn/shown on the map) to where you are facing down the parade route DIRECTLY towards the Matterhorn. Making sure that you can see all of the Matterhorn, as well as the castle to your left. The benches along the hub will not be moved except the one to the far left which will be turned towards the parade route. If you were to walk straight through the middle, past the statue, towards the castle and stop right where you can get on the horse drawn carriage at, then turn to your right facing towards Tomorrowland, the best bench is about the third or fourth down. Again, lined up with the parade route, when the floats come down for the second parade, they will come from your right, turn, then go down towards the Matterhorn. Once the parade is over, stay put and you'll have UNOBSTRUCTED views of the Castle, the Matterhorn, and Tinkerbell's MULTIPLE flyovers. And with all the tall pyros going on around you, the trees behind you will not matter at all. Sitting at this location, for the parade there is no one standing in front of you for people are having to sit. For the fireworks though, you may have to stand because others will be standing in the street in front of you. But at least you have the seat you've been warming for the past couple of hours. :P Look to get this spot at least sometime after the first parade ends. Check for parade times before attending. The only downfall for this spot, is the long wait time due to having to camp out early. But the end result IS WORTH IT!!! Well, there is another small downfall. Once over, it will be tough to move in this area because it is jammed pack. If you wish to leave the park at this point, just go with the flow and you'll eventually get out. A shortcut is to go through the stores on Main Street. Otherwise, hit a few rides while everyone else is heading out.

Now, for the jammed packed crowds. Why does everyone want to be in the center of the park for the fireworks? Not cause it is just easier to get out, a long cattle drive down Main street, but because of all that happens there. As I said earlier, Mouseplanet pointed out other areas to view the fireworks from. And although they have their faults as opposed to the center, they have a few of their own good points too. And these spots would do good IF there were things to IMPROVE these spots, to attract guests to these spots and compensate for the filled plaza area. There were rumors of images being cast on the mill on Tom Sawyers Island in the Fantasmic area. That's a negative there. Still trying to avoid giving away too much for those who haven't seen it, but how about casting images on the mansion and the pirates building? How about on Thunder and Horseshoe saloon? Maybe in other areas of the park like Fantasyland and Tomorrowland? Do something to attract others to other areas of the park to celebrate this milestone with this incredible show. We're celebrating a whole park. So why not involve a whole park? Do this, and it should help with the crowd control. I've tried taking this idea to Disney, tried calling them with it, but they do not take unsolicited ideas. But maybe this forum can help spread this idea around. Hopefully. Only time will tell. This is Phoenix, signing off.