PDA

View Full Version : finally a trip report 6/5-6/11 long sorry

phillyorig
06-13-2005, 04:41 PM
TRIP REPORT
JUNE 5,2005 - JUNE 11,2005

We left Phoenix at 9 am, Sunday.
Had a major traffic snarl at the 60/215/91 split (AAA will hear about this Tuesday!).
Got out the trusty map and told hubby just take the 60 out to 57. OH BOY. There was like NO ONE on the 60. We got to the hotel ( Peacock) in about 25 min ( going the AAA route would would have been still sitting there!!!).

Got unpacked and went to JOHN'S PHILLY GRILLE & BAR at Katella and Euclid (behind Pizza Hut)

( HIGHLY RECOMMEND for a good cheesesteak and hoagie! It's a dive but who cares if the food is good!!!!))

Went back to the hotel and saw some of the fireworks from the hotel room.

Mon June 6..
Left at 8 am to go to DL. Parked in the garage and stood in line

Got in and did a FP for Indy and road
Splash,HH,Pirates,Pooh,Indy,Thunder all by 11:30am

Left for lunch and back at 1:30
rode
Autopia,Matterhorn,Star Tours and went into Innovations. Left for dinner at 5pm
Had to go see a stupid time share, so didnt go back ( but got $75 disney $$).

Tues.June 7
Went to CA Adventure.
Went in at 9:50. Did a fp for Soaring and waited to enter to get on Grizzly.

Did Grizzly, Soaring,(family did Tower, youngest and I didn't go on this day),Boomer( hubby and 2 kids did it), Screaming.
left for lunch at 2pm
Came back at 4pm but no FP were working(closing at 6pm), so Went over to Market Pier and had a drink lol

Wed June 8
Went to Hunington Beach
had a great time till i cut my toe! UGH!!

Thur June 9

Had our early entry
parking lot didn't open till 7:30 am and had to go through the BALL Ave. entrance.
Went on Matterhorn and Buzz Astro Blaster 2x..HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!!! that ride is so dang cute since I learned how to spin the car lol!!!
When the park opened, went on..
Jungle Cruise(like the new addition's),Indy,Mark Twain Boat,Tikki Room.

Daughter lost her ticket on Indy. She had it around her neck and it riped off the laynard!!
That started a whole chain of events that it didnt make it the "HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH"!!!!
Started with City Hall and the woman we talked to didn't have a clue of what to do except for calling Lost and Found(L&F). Gave us a free pass to get on any ride ( like a FP).
Called L&F via the phone in City Hall. The woman I talked to was so brash that she actually made me cry when she said they didn't refund a ticket.. 9 of us there for 5 days and one lose's her ticket. I know they get alot of scheisters but I believe it should be a case by case base's. But like I said, I got off the phone crying!!!
That left me in a mood all day. Sat in the TIKKI room and cried. Then I lost an earring in there and i just lost it!!!!
Felt a little better as the day went on. Came back at 6pm to sit for the parade and fireworks.
Sat at the hub near the opening to go to the Matterhorn and a VERY NICE CAST MEMBER named DAVID gave me an earfull..( I think he worked in Frontierland. He came out to help with the crowds of the parade). He started to say about Grad Night and I asked when it ended. He said 6am I started crying again because they wouldn't be able to look for the ticket till then. He started to talk to me and told him the story. He said I'll be right back. Left for about 5 min and gave me some GOOD ADVICE!, here, He used to work in L&F and never heard of the treatment I received. Even the family sitting next to me washed their tickets all 8 of them and they gave them tickets.I felt so much better after talking to DAVID!!!

The parade was wonderful. I always tear up with the parades lol.
Continued to sit there for the fireworks..

OMGOSH THE FIREWORKS WERE WONDERFULl!!!
Never in the 8x of WDW and DL we ever saw fireworks!

We were worried with Grad Night. They were to shut down the trams to the parking lot at 9:30. Fireworks ended at 9:05 and we were back to our hotel room at 9:40. Took us 10 min, through the crowd, to get to the trams.

Friday June 10
Went to L&F and CM ROLAND helped us. He went back and took about 5 min and came out and said, "was it in a plastic cover?"
YES!!!
He handed us the ticket!!!!!!!. I started BALLING REAL LOUD!!!! A family on a real tight budget, it was the happiest day!!!!. Everyone in L&F smiled!!!!

KUDOS TO THE CREW FROM INDY THAT FOUND THE TICKET!!!!!

Went to CA Adv and I got on Tower... AWESOME!!!! back to screaming, then tower.
Saw the press conference with ARNOLD. Didnt see him or Maria(would have like to meet her), Grizzly was shut down, so we left for lunch.

Came back and went to ESPN Zone. Dropped the kids off upstairs and the adults went to the bar to watch some baseball(DIDNT HAVE THE D'BACKS ON TV!!!!!!will email them on that one!!lol). They played for 1.5 hrs on a $10 pass(30 points).
Then we went to DL. Rode the "lamer" rides but you just need to ride them. lol Peter Pan, Snow white, Small World.

Saw the fireworks frm the Small World/Toontown area... When u see them from the front, go back there, it was soo cool!! You hear the "POOF" of the fireworks going off!
.Started to leave and got into the last showing of
" First 50 Years". RECOMMEND IT!!
Left at 12:10 am
CUDOS TO THE PEOPLE THAT DESIGNED THE PARKING GARAGE. OUT SO FAST 2 NIGHTS IN A ROW WITH NO WAITING.(why don't city's come to them and ask them how to design a parking garage!!!)

Sat June 11
Daughter and I went to Downtown to finish shopping at World of Dinsey
( don't open till 9:30)
We got what we needed but daughter wanted something for CA Adv so in we go ( thanks goodness we had another day left on the pass).

Left for home at 11am. Got back to Phoenix at 6pm ( stopped to get GOOD pizza. 2 pizza's for 1/2 price of the pizza place in Downtown!!!!). Sorry no pizza is worth $45.

Overall we had a GREAT time. Minor mishaps with the hotel and the problems we had but we had a great time!!!!

Started to think that in 5 yrs., we want to go to WDW. The kids were babies when we went their, so in 5 yrs
WDW HERE WE COME!!!

Shortiemetoo
06-13-2005, 05:22 PM
Wow...great trip report!! I am so glad they found your daughters ticket!! And I am glad you had a great time!!!

Hawaiian Cinderella
06-14-2005, 11:25 AM
Thanks for the TR......I totally agree with.............

CUDOS TO THE PEOPLE THAT DESIGNED THE PARKING GARAGE. OUT SO FAST 2 NIGHTS IN A ROW WITH NO WAITING.(why don't city's come to them and ask them how to design a parking garage!!!)

.........when we went in March we said that some of the government officials in Hawaii should take a lesson from Disney...........