PDA

View Full Version : booking vacation question?

docsprincess
06-13-2005, 01:30 PM
:confused: hello to all!
My family is heading to Disneyland June 26 - July 2. I booked our trip back in February...but our original dates were one week before those that I mentioned...ok so my question! When I originally booked the agent asked me (Disney Travel company) if we would be celebrating anything during our stay..I said no...cause we wouldn't. Well, now that we had to move our date, we will be there on our 10yr anniversay (July 1st). Is it worth telling them or no? I really hope this isn't a dumb question, I was just unsure if there is anything done.

Thanks for any help!

sierranevada
06-13-2005, 01:31 PM
Absolutely tell them - you never know what might happen!

Vegitabeta
06-13-2005, 01:36 PM
Yeah tell them, something cool will come of it I'm sure. :)

bradk
06-13-2005, 01:46 PM
you should always tell everyone. at least make it seem like you're proud of the fact :)

ralika
06-13-2005, 01:49 PM
I Would Tell Them

Shortiemetoo
06-13-2005, 02:16 PM
There have been some really awesome things people have talked about on different threads! Tell them and if you can, maybe order a special basket full of goodies to be delivered to your sweetie!! Congratulations on 10 years together!

disneyhound
06-13-2005, 06:18 PM
Go ahead and mention it! The least likely outcome will be a congratulations on your first decade together!!!

docsprincess
06-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies...I dd call Disney Travel Company this morning, gave them my conformation #'s and all, and explained with changing our dates we will now be there on our 10th Anniversary...well, it didn't do anythng. I was told if you let them know 3mos or more in advance they can offer specials for celebrations...oh well worth a shot ya?
Heather :-)

Rhiannon8404
06-14-2005, 05:18 PM
If you decided to eat at one of the nicer restaurants, be sure to tell them. We had a lovely (and complimentary!) dessert sampler with "Happy 11th Anniversary" written in chocolate on the plate at the Vineyard Room last year. We didn't tell them ahead of time...just happened to mention it to the waiter.

bradk
06-14-2005, 05:41 PM
not sure what the hotel was planning to do that required 3 months notice, really.

here's the thing. have the husband on the sly mention it to whomever at check-in and casually mention the anniversary and ask if there's a way to upgrade the room and make it more special. best case, you'll get a free upgrade, so-so case you'll get an offer at a discounted rate, worst case, they want to charge you the full difference and he can respectfully decline while holding on to his dignity.

but as i said, try to act proud about it. there are plenty of times and opportunities to make mention of it. wear special shirts, get the bride/groom hats, be as discreet or as obnoxious (in a good way) about it as you want.