PDA

View Full Version : Back with a Few Observations

DizMagic
06-13-2005, 10:46 AM
I am finally back from my week long trip out west with a two days side trip to DL. I will try and get an official trip report posted but don't hold your breath as I still haven't gotten one up from my Dec 04 trip to WDW.

The Parks: The biggest difference I felt between DL and WDW was the size. It was also what I liked most and least about DL. I liked that you could walk everywhere (even between parks) without wasting huge amounts of time. I disliked that the parks themselves were so small that sometimes the bottlneck concept was exxagerated. Especially around Indy.

The Rides: My favorite - Pirates! I rode it three times and think that it was way suppirior to WDW's version. I also really liked Indy (rode it twice) and Haunted Mansion (rode it twice). All the other rides I felt were comparable or lesser to their counterparts in WDW. Note - did NOT ride any thrill rides, coasters, etc. I did try Soarin' - got a front seat - hated it. Felt like I was going to barf through the whole thing. It wasn't the attraction - it was the fact that I am a wuss.

The hotel: We stayed at BW Park Place Inn. We loved it! We thought that the room was great - had a king bed and a separate sofa sitting area. The location was great! Less than a 5 minute walk to the main gate. Continental breakfast (while sparse) was a nice benefit and saved us lots of money. The only negatives: as some other people have noted the shower heads are very very low. I am 5'8 and I had to stoop. Also the tub itself is really small. I tried to soak one night and it was not very conducive.

Parades/Shows: I was really excited to see Fantasmic on the West coast as I kept hearing all of these great things about it being soooo much better than WDW's version. I thought that it was the same. I know it wasn't exactly the same - but I had the same emotional experience. It was nice - but not the WOW WOW WOW that I was expecting.

More later - gotta get back to the real world.

tink's mom
06-13-2005, 10:51 AM
Glad to hear that overall you had a good time, welcome back!