PDA

View Full Version : Grand Californian Hotel-City View

infinite
06-13-2005, 06:48 AM
We have stayed at the Grand Californian, and we love it!

Unfortunately, on out last trip our little boy (5), because very ill, and we had to leave early.

As soon as possible we made our reservations to return in September, we wanted theme park view, concierge, but the only room available was city view concierge.

Here is my question, being use to, and enjoying the theme park view, will the city view disappoint us? And how were we given a city-view concierge, when the pricelist (online) only indicated there are theme park and courtyard views with concierge? My first thought was that city is courtyard, am I correct?

Thank you for any information you can provide!

Jeremiah
06-14-2005, 11:47 AM
We have stayed at the Grand Californian, and we love it!

Unfortunately, on out last trip our little boy (5), because very ill, and we had to leave early.

As soon as possible we made our reservations to return in September, we wanted theme park view, concierge, but the only room available was city view concierge.

Here is my question, being use to, and enjoying the theme park view, will the city view disappoint us? And how were we given a city-view concierge, when the pricelist (online) only indicated there are theme park and courtyard views with concierge? My first thought was that city is courtyard, am I correct?

Thank you for any information you can provide!

OK a few bits of info...."city view" for GCH is either of the parklot with the theme park in the back ground, facing PPH, or of the courtyard (none of which can you request) so it is really not that bad. As far as concierge service, any room can be a concierge "Craftsmen Club" service room because they just add a DVD player to the room and you can go to the Club Lounge. I think every view in GCH is great so no matter what you get it will be good, plus how much time are you really going to spend in your room anyway.

J :fez:

miss bianca
06-14-2005, 12:10 PM
I requested the courtyard view for our september trip. The reservationist said she would put it down as a request- no guarentees. I have always been lucky and have been upgraded for free to DTD view.

infinite
06-14-2005, 12:22 PM
miss bianca, when are you going in September? Are we going to have to fight it out for the room with the best view ;)

All we have ever had prior to this are theme park views. I hope we don’t get a parking lot view.