PDA

View Full Version : superstar limo will become

gautry
02-01-2002, 12:36 PM
THE ANAHEIM GUN CLUB

A PLACE TO MEET WITH FELLOW CALIFORNIA GUN LOVERS AND TALK ABOUT HOW GREAT THE NRA IS.

BiggJakeMoney
02-01-2002, 12:41 PM
Eh...............okey dokey.

Nonsequiter much?

-BJM

Uncle Dick
02-01-2002, 12:45 PM
Heh. It would be kind of fun if they mounted light guns on the limos and you got to take out all of those annoying celebs, although that would probably be in bad taste. Still, a "Buzz Lightyear"-like ride would be an interesting replacement for SSL. How about "California Drive-by"? :D

BiggJakeMoney
02-01-2002, 12:58 PM
"California Drive-by" IS an idea. But how about we take all those shaved-head gangsta-boyz with the baggy pants who threaten to kill you if you glance at them, throw them in the ride, and equip each limo with a bunch of paint-ball guns. Then just have at 'em.

That would be worth my forty-three dollars.

-BJM

Nigel2
02-01-2002, 10:10 PM
It's like he isn't even trying when he makes up his lies anymore.:D

MonorailMan
02-02-2002, 01:50 AM
Sooo True :)

Nigel2
02-02-2002, 01:55 AM
I always wondered was the the PC groups that got the gun games taken out of that shop in Frontierland or was it the pocahantis redo? (not the shooting gallery)

sugarhigh
02-02-2002, 05:51 AM
it would be fun if dca had some realistic themed areas/rides. come on a ride devoted to the ghetto...a land where they have gang members and pregnant unwed teenage mothers walking around...

mind me i am weird... too early to be thinking

Uncle Dick
02-02-2002, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
I always wondered was the the PC groups that got the gun games taken out of that shop in Frontierland or was it the pocahantis redo? (not the shooting gallery)

One could argue that Pocahontas and PC groups are inseparable to begin with ;), but I'm pretty sure that Disney took the initiative to remove the guns after the shootings at Columbine High School. At the same time, they also removed the gun-related games from the Starcade and Teddi Berra's.

Ace
02-02-2002, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by gautry
THE ANAHEIM GUN CLUB

A PLACE TO MEET WITH FELLOW CALIFORNIA GUN LOVERS AND TALK ABOUT HOW GREAT THE NRA IS.

ya know..... I can't say it's a surprise. Guns don't kill people, people do. Right? I'm sure the homicide rate would stay as it is if guns weren't around, right?

Nigel2
02-02-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

One could argue that Pocahontas and PC groups are inseparable to begin with ;), but I'm pretty sure that Disney took the initiative to remove the guns after the shootings at Columbine High School. At the same time, they also removed the gun-related games from the Starcade and Teddi Berra's.

No they were gone for a long time before columbine, the one's I am talkinga about were king of like 1 target versions of the shooting gallery in frontierland, and they use to be in the poccahontis shop (well before it was that theme)

Uncle Dick
02-02-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Squinky

ya know..... I can't say it's a surprise. Guns don't kill people, people do. Right? I'm sure the homicide rate would stay as it is if guns weren't around, right?

Dunno. There are many other ways to kill people. Knives, for example. People killed each other for thousands of years before guns were around so I don't think there'd be much of change. The homicide rate might drop a little, temporarily, while criminals figure out how to use bow and arrows, slingshots, clubs, etc.

Originally posted by Nigel2
No they were gone for a long time before columbine, the one's I am talkinga about were king of like 1 target versions of the shooting gallery in frontierland, and they use to be in the poccahontis shop (well before it was that theme)

Oh, well, that's news to me. I assume it was just the gun control lobby that got em removed. I don't think the Pocahontas redo, by itself, would have been enough to get rid of the guns, since I'm sure they were a big moneymaker for the park (heck, I bought one back in the day).

[Edit: fixed quote tag]

Nigel2
02-03-2002, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick

Oh, well, that's news to me. I assume it was just the gun control lobby that got em removed. I don't think the Pocahontas redo, by itself, would have been enough to get rid of the guns, since I'm sure they were a big moneymaker for the park (heck, I bought one back in the day).

[Edit: fixed quote tag]

Odds are they broke a lot and didn't make much money so...