PDA

View Full Version : Remember viewing spots

ferliemom
06-12-2005, 01:52 PM
Hi!
I'm headed down next Monday for my first 50th trip. How is the firework viewing evolving? Is crowd control still a nightmare? How early do you all recommend trying to get a prime viewing spot?
Where are your fave spots?
Thanks, Kim

jennia
06-12-2005, 02:27 PM
We went on Friday. What suprised me is that they just let the entire hub area fill up, sidewalks, streets and everything. We were on the sidewalk and walked to a certain point and then people were blocking the path. We ended up stopping in front of the Plaza restaraunt. We had a great view as it turns out. The crowds were pretty heavy so we just plodded along slowly after the show to get out of the park. :D It probably only took a few minutes longer than normal though. On Main street after the show they had CMs directing the traffic to "stay to the right" which helped with the crowd.

phillyorig
06-12-2005, 04:15 PM
Was there Thursday. Sat for the parade starting at 6pm and just sat there till the fireworks. We were at the hub right at the opening of the walkway to the Matterhorn.
When some of the things went off, had to turn head or around to see.

bradk
06-12-2005, 04:41 PM
they're not supposed to be letting people fill up the sidewalk or the crossing paths they have roped off. people are supposed to be on the street between the ropes (moving along the sidewalk is okay, but you can't watch from there). i've seen people stop in the middle of the cross path with kids on their shoulders and turn to the castle and almost immediately told to exit the area. i also was with maynard as he was working crowd control one night and he was really on top of it and diligent about it. he even almost got into an argument with a woman on an ECV about it. he told her she couldn't stay on the sidewalk and she started to protest. he even suggested the possibility of parking the ECV by the store if she could walk as far as the street, but she left in a huff. so if people are filling the sidewalk, either someone isn't doing their job right or they've decided to get lax about it.

biolabetty
06-12-2005, 05:58 PM
My son was there Friday night too. He said they had a spot near the Partners statue, and got there around 9:00 for the 9:25 show.