PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited FastPass

BalooNumberTwo
06-12-2005, 10:37 AM
Hello all,
has anyone else been in the sitchuation yet where they were trying to decide if they were going to spend the extra money for the unlimited fastpass through AAA? I am the kind of guy that would camp on DL's Sidewalk and be happy because i am there!...We are going in October and i have this feeling the crowds won't be to bad for our 4 day trip. Just haven't heard anything on compairing the two. Would you not leave home with out the unlimited? or are you okay with just the standard issue fast pass?
Baloo#2

SCUBAbe
06-12-2005, 10:43 AM
I have never used the unlimited FP. When i go on days that I think will be busy I use ridemax..:)

Malcon10t
06-12-2005, 11:02 AM
I have never used the unlimited FP. When i go on days that I think will be busy I use ridemax..:)
What is ridemax?

Leap for Joy
06-12-2005, 11:14 AM
RideMax is a way cool scheduling program that optimizes your wait times. Check it out here ridemax.com (http://ridemax.com/)
We used it for the first time Easter weekend, and it was fantastic! I highly recommend it.

Disney Vault
06-12-2005, 11:21 AM
I really liked the AAA unlimited fastpass. We will be getting it again for our next trip most likely. How much more is it compared to a normal ticket? I don't remember it being that much different.

Hakuna Makarla
06-12-2005, 11:45 AM
unlimited fast pass? explain this, and can one only purchase the ticket from AAA or does one have to order the whole package? I need info !!

DangerMouse
06-12-2005, 11:50 AM
unlimited fast pass? explain this, and can one only purchase the ticket from AAA or does one have to order the whole package? I need info !!

"Enhanced Fastpass" is only available by purchasing a package through AAA which includes staying at a RESORT property. It isn't the cheapest route, but some believe the unlimited use of the fastpass feature is worth it.

Personally, I prefer ridemax over enhanced fastpass, and I've used both. :D

Wendi
06-12-2005, 01:58 PM
I've never used the Enhanced FastPass. October shouldn't be too busy, so I wouldn't really worry about paying higher prices just to get unlimited FastPasses. One at a time is usually enough for me, and they aren't hard to get at that time of year. In general I end up with at least one or two fastpasses that I don't even end up using by the end of the day each day. You won't find any lines that are too long to wait in without FP, and on the rides you want FP for, you will be able to fill up your time with smaller rides with 5-10 minute waits.

Shortiemetoo
06-12-2005, 02:00 PM
"Enhanced Fastpass" is only available by purchasing a package through AAA which includes staying at a RESORT property. It isn't the cheapest route, but some believe the unlimited use of the fastpass feature is worth it.

Personally, I prefer ridemax over enhanced fastpass, and I've used both. :D

Wow that is interesting that you prefer ridemax...I will have to look into that!

bradk
06-12-2005, 02:31 PM
http://www.ridemax.com

i was considering the enhanced fastpass myself, but to book a simple package for me was hundreds more than doing it all myself, so i couldn't justify it. you definitely should price out the difference though.

i don't think you'll need it in october either. i was there 3 days towards the end of may and it was great. most of the time i forgot to even take advantage of the FP system (i was using ridemax as a guide but eventually just fell off the schedule completely). to me, the only ride it would make a real noticeable difference for is splash mountain (and perhaps space mountain), but splash won't be something you'll want to ride over and over in october.

BalooNumberTwo
06-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Okay then that answers that for me...
i think i will be looking into staying a good neighbor hotel then...and using the standard FP if need be. thanks everybody...
Baloo#2

phillyorig
06-12-2005, 07:35 PM
I use AAA alot for trips but I didn't get my tickets this time though them. Did the Disney store because of the early entry....NOT WORTH it in my case.. didn't like the EE now and i needed the free parking frm AAA.

ok on the FP.

First Oct isn't bad unless its Columbus weekend and thats not that bad ( did that in 2003).

Learned a little trick of FP.

They give you an hour to use the pass...this is what we did.,

10:05 we got a fp for Tower. went over to screaming and stood in line (was only 15 min wait). By the time we walked over stood in line and got off screaming, it was time.You NOW can have another FP. We had 2 going together.\
Just had to walk to tower and back to screaming ( thats why i dont like CA adv...too much walking and not enought stuff)

I am learning. Paying more doesnt mean you get more!!!

This trip opened my eyes. Was too spoiled last time and this place we stayed is a "time share" property!!!!!!
Will stay at OUR hotel chain WE LIKE!!!

bradk
06-12-2005, 07:46 PM
i'm not sure what you meant by they give you an hour. if you meant the return window was an hour after you got the ticket, that was just 'coincidence.' there's no such system in place. it's actually more complicated than that. return windows are based on how many tickets have already been distributed. you could get a return window in an hour, or it could be several hours, or even within the same hour. it all depends on how many people got FPs for that attraction before you.

also, remember that it's unofficial policy to allow FPs even *after* the return window time. they won't allow you to use it prior to the return window, but CMs allow the use of FPs after the return window has expired (same day of course).

HydroGuy
06-12-2005, 08:25 PM
unlimited fast pass? explain this, and can one only purchase the ticket from AAA or does one have to order the whole package? I need info !!In addition to the other helpful answers in this thread, Darkbeer has this explained in great detail (see http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=43193&highlight=fastpass).

Pat-n-Eil
06-13-2005, 07:12 AM
I'm a big fan of the enhanced FastPass - but reading this thread made me confused even though I fully understand it. So in addition to Darkbeer's fine post, here's my brief synopsis.

The ticket that gives you the enhanced FastPass does not cost any more than any other ticket to Disneyland. It is an added benefit of purchasing your parkhoppers and booking your hotel through AAA. The fact is, booking your stay through AAA will cost you less and you will get more.

Very simply, you must book your stay at a Disney Property through AAA (2 night minimum) in order to receive your enhance FastPass. My family loves it. I have not tried ridemax, but it gets excellent reviews. We use the enhanced FastPass now because it gives us peace of mind - and I hate long lines. hate them. Since I can get a FastPass for every FP ride at the same time, I can plan out my schedule and loop and take a leisurely loop around the park and know that wherever I go, I'll be covered. The ridemax schedule can be pretty aggressive - sometimes forcing you to pass up one of the things on the list to get you back on track. That's okay too, especially during a longer stay, but we love the enhanced FP. Did I mention we hate long lines? :)

bradk
06-13-2005, 08:43 AM
to kind of sum up what you said. yes, if you are booking a complete vacation package and are staying at a DLR resort, most definitely do it through AAA as they offer everything WDTC does and more.

however, depending on circumstances, packages can cost considerably more than a la carte.

pisces
06-13-2005, 10:12 AM
"The ticket that gives you the enhanced FastPass does not cost any more than any other ticket to Disneyland. It is an added benefit of purchasing your parkhoppers and booking your hotel through AAA. The fact is, booking your stay through AAA will cost you less and you will get more."---Pat

Well, you can save even more money by buying the hotel and tickets separately (NON-package), through AAA, and forgetting about the enhanced FP, altogether, since they only come with a package.

I priced it, and the AAA discount I get with a package is much less than the AAA discount of buying the Hotel on it's own.

But then again, I went 7 days, last year, so even with crowds, I figured I'd have all the time in the world. Plus, it rained.

Obviously enhanced FP means nothing to me, given the time of year I go, and my length of stay.

Disney Vault
06-13-2005, 12:04 PM
Did you all read the Disneyland update? It said sometimes the AAA enhanced fastpass is actaully cheaper. So don't just assume you will have to pay more for this option.

bananna
06-13-2005, 12:22 PM
We are firsttimers: Mulitiple Fast Pass - Did the AAA 3-day hopper, staying at D.L. Hotel. Hubby won't do it any other way. Not even to save a buck! Were able to get three (or more) tickets for FP rides, all one, after another. Then, with the times given to return (always different.. sometimes, the third ride, was available first).. we based our inbetween stuff .. snacks.. short-line rides, etc. around the return times..

I will give a full report, in the next day or so, of our trip.. (oh spare me.. :eek: really, you should like it :cool: )