PDA

View Full Version : Best way to get best rates at GCH

losaitkens
06-12-2005, 09:37 AM
We recently got deluxe APs and are trying to book accomodations at GCH for Nov 6-7. On the disneyland website I got a room rate quote of $335 for the 1st night, $265 for the second night. I called disneyland hotels directly and their flat rate for those two nights was $300 a night. When I asked why there was a difference, they said disneyland.com is a separate reservation system entirely. I was able to get an AP "discount" through the hotels on a theme park view room for $320 each night but I am still not sure I got the best deal.

My questions are 1)What has been other people's experience with the resort reservation system? 2) Is it possible I will get a different price quote if I call back? 3)If so, How often should I check back? 4)Have they offered "AP nights" in the past for November?

Thanks for your help
Nicole

hlbtimes2
06-12-2005, 09:59 AM
Its the same rate, just stated in a different way. $335 + 265= $600 Same as $300 per night. Expedia is currently offering the same rate for those days. I would guess you might be able to get a better deal closer to the time of travel, that is not always the case.

Leash81
06-12-2005, 10:16 AM
Its the same rate, just stated in a different way. $335 + 265= $600 Same as $300 per night. Expedia is currently offering the same rate for those days. I would guess you might be able to get a better deal closer to the time of travel, that is not always the case.

That is usually the case. Depending on wether or not your dates are considered "off season" which I think they might be youu would have a better chance of getting AP night rates. Those rates usually don't get released until a month or two before hand so just try back in a little while.

losaitkens
06-12-2005, 10:37 AM

You're right-it works out the same for those dates but I also checked on dates later in the week (11/9-11/11) and on the website the standard room rate was $265 each night, not including tax, whereas with the hotel reservations line (714-956-Mickey) it was $300 each night, not including tax. It just seemed strange to me that the website and the reservations line have different rate quotes. She also quoted me an AP rate on this standard room of $270 a night for those dates, $5 more a night than if I were to book online. That just didn't seem right to me but you are probably right, I might be able to get a better deal as our trip gets closer.

Wendi
06-12-2005, 01:51 PM
I don't think you will be able to find anything better than AP Nights rates, so just keep calling to find out if those rates are available yet. I would think that you will be able to get them at some point for November, but probably no more than 3 months in advance.

Marox3
06-12-2005, 02:23 PM
I don't think you will be able to find anything better than AP Nights rates, so just keep calling to find out if those rates are available yet. I would think that you will be able to get them at some point for November, but probably no more than 3 months in advance.

Exactly....

For example, I made my Sept ressie in March at $368/night. Thanks to MP, I found out about the new AP rates. I called and had the ressie changed from Theme Park to Downtown Disney. Rate changed to $179/$199. There was no deal for the TP views.

Another thought, I didn't make my reservation online, I called instead. I know there are 2 different systems and I don't think they work with each other - I could be wrong.

When I made reservation for October's MP (just in case) the CM told me there would be AP rates coming later, because it's usually there slower time of year.

losaitkens
06-12-2005, 03:37 PM
For example, I made my Sept ressie in March at $368/night. Thanks to MP, I found out about the new AP rates. I called and had the ressie changed from Theme Park to Downtown Disney. Rate changed to $179/$199. There was no deal for the TP views.

MP has been a great insider source for me as well and I really appreciate all the feedback. I booked the TP view for the $320 a night they offered me as an AP holder but I will keep checking for those AP nights and see if I can do better. Do they not usually offer AP nights on the theme park view rooms? If the discount is as substantial as the one you got by switching, a Downtown Disney view would be good enough for us!

Marox3
06-12-2005, 03:44 PM
MP has been a great insider source for me as well and I really appreciate all the feedback. I booked the TP view for the $320 a night they offered me as an AP holder but I will keep checking for those AP nights and see if I can do better. Do they not usually offer AP nights on the theme park view rooms? If the discount is as substantial as the one you got by switching, a Downtown Disney view would be good enough for us!

It's weird - this is the first I can remember where a TP view was not included. But, I figured for the price savings, I'll change it. I've been very fortunate to receive great rooms, no matter the location.

Hope you find the rate you want! :)