PDA

View Full Version : SM - Space Mountain or Splash Mountain?

HydroGuy
06-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Not sure if there is an answer to this question, but I seem to be seeing "SM" used as an abbreviation for Space Mountain. But obviously it could just as well mean Splash Mountain.

I suppose we could ask Disney to rename one of the attractions to help us out of this quandary;).

So which is it? Thoughts?

The Mouse Is Back
06-11-2005, 08:08 PM
Splash Mountain is generally referred to as "Splash" around here, so I think we're safe using SM for Space Mountain.

Just be sure you don't type S&M by mistake. ;)

-Allegra-

Disney Vault
06-11-2005, 09:09 PM
I always just say space mt or splash mt. Those are short enough names for me.

HorizonsA
06-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Or why not just use their full names, like Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, "it's a small world," Remember...Dreams Come True fireworks spectacular, Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams, and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

It took me forever to figure out what "HISTA" was, also POS and BTMRR. Just use their actual names.

SCUBAbe
06-11-2005, 09:48 PM
Or why not just use their full names, like Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room, "it's a small world," Remember...Dreams Come True fireworks spectacular, Walt Disney's Parade of Dreams, and The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.

It took me forever to figure out what "HISTA" was, also POS and BTMRR. Just use their actual names.

my guess laziness in typing. I like the acronyms..:)

Drince88
06-12-2005, 06:59 AM

POS????? I know what it USUALLY means (piece of "something"), but I think you were meaning a Disney attraction from the context.

stan4d_steph
06-12-2005, 08:32 AM
POS????? I know what it USUALLY means (piece of "something"), but I think you were meaning a Disney attraction from the context.It's Parade of the Stars (the former parade), I believe.

Leap for Joy
06-12-2005, 09:08 AM
Click here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=8117) for a list. SM is both Space Mt and Splash Mt. Now that Space is reopening, we'll have to be more careful!

Shortiemetoo
06-12-2005, 09:09 AM
Splash Mountain is generally referred to as "Splash" around here, so I think we're safe using SM for Space Mountain.

Just be sure you don't type S&M by mistake. ;)

-Allegra-

Tee Hee Hee!!!! :D

DisneylandForever
06-12-2005, 09:35 AM
I too abbreviate Splash Mountain by saying "Splash." Plus Space Mountain was around long before Splash. Even after Space Mountain went down for the 2 years, when people typed SM the first thing I thought of was in fact Space Mountain.

I can't wait to go on SM next month! :p

sleepyjeff
06-12-2005, 09:45 AM
I think it would be more courteous towards ones audience(those reading your posts) if one would spell the whole thing out the first time they write it in a post but can go to initials after that:

I love to go on Splash Mt(SM) in the morning when the lines are shorter and Big Thunder Mt. Rail Road(BTMRR) at night when it feels like you are going faster. Sometimes I ride SM at night too, but not if it is chilly out. BTMRR can be fun in the daytime too, but I still prefer to ride BTMRR at night.

:)

BalooNumberTwo
06-12-2005, 10:31 AM
Okay, now that this has finally come up...the one code, that isn't on the list. What the heck is a Hojo? lol..

Disney Vault
06-12-2005, 11:15 AM
Okay, now that this has finally come up...the one code, that isn't on the list. What the heck is a Hojo? lol..
Howard Johnson Hotel. It is an offsite hotel near Disneyland.

Disney Vault
06-12-2005, 11:17 AM
I think it would be more courteous towards ones audience(those reading your posts) if one would spell the whole thing out the first time they write it in a post but can go to initials after that:

I love to go on Splash Mt(SM) in the morning when the lines are shorter and Big Thunder Mt. Rail Road(BTMRR) at night when it feels like you are going faster. Sometimes I ride SM at night too, but not if it is chilly out. BTMRR can be fun in the daytime too, but I still prefer to ride BTMRR at night.

:)
But look at all the effort that took. j/k :p

sleepyjeff
06-12-2005, 12:00 PM
But look at all the effort that took. j/k :p

Laughing Out Loud(lol)!

sediment
06-12-2005, 08:44 PM
POS = Disney's California Adventure, right?

HydroGuy
06-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Click here (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=8117) for a list. SM is both Space Mt and Splash Mt. Now that Space is reopening, we'll have to be more careful!Nice list - that should be a sticky topic! Thanks!

I agree with those who like the abbreviations. Typing these out all the time would be a PITA. ;)

Uncle Remus
07-20-2005, 09:22 PM
POS = Disney's California Adventure, right?
correct

Shortiemetoo
07-20-2005, 09:25 PM
correct

huh???