PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Hotel accomodations - your thoughts

Lanmon
06-11-2005, 09:40 AM
We are going to DL soon and have reservations at the Disneyland Hotel. The last time we stayed at the DLH the rooms needed major help - bad odors, wallpaper riping, faucets dripping, rug stains and it was quite noisy.

I heard there was major remodeling at the DLH. Can anybody please confirm? If so, can anyone recommend a building/location? What building/location is a good and which one is bad.

Thanks for your replies!

DisneylandForever
06-11-2005, 09:58 AM
I stayed there in March and the rooms were fine. I usually don't stay there because it's too expensive for my taste, but I was lucky enough to be able to crash in one of Coaster_Chickie's rooms. :p If you have the means, I give it the big thumbs up.

And from most accounts, the Sierra tower has the best views.

smjoseph
06-11-2005, 01:38 PM
I've stayed there a number of times in the last two years and have always found the rooms to be excellent. I'm not a real high-end hotel kind of person so I'd guess that my standards are on the low end of normal, but my wife who is a discriminating traveller (job-related) was tickled over the quality of rooms.

The Mouse Is Back
06-11-2005, 02:14 PM
The rooms are nice enough, but the customer service leaves much to be desired. And until they either join the ART shuttle system or reinstitute trams from the three Disney hotel properties, they need to adjust their rates downward.

But I guess it's worth the experience of staying on property at least once in your life.

-Allegra-

Marox3
06-11-2005, 02:23 PM
We stay at PPH or GCH only. These hotels are great. However, DLH needs alot of help. We won't stay there again (or at least until they fix and clean everything).

Why don't you try PPH, which doesn't cost as much per night, and has great rooms? GCH is our favorite, but it's costly.

Disney Village
06-11-2005, 02:25 PM
We are going to DL soon and have reservations at the Disneyland Hotel. The last time we stayed at the DLH the rooms needed major help - bad odors, wallpaper riping, faucets dripping, rug stains and it was quite noisy.

My wife and I stayed at DLH about a year ago and I don't recall any bad odors, but I agree that the hotel is really starting to show its age. The rooms are nicely furnished, however the bathroom in the rooms are looking bad (cracked shower tile, etc) and other issues that occur with age such as faded wallpaper and torn carpeting mostly in the hallways and lobby areas.

I still think its a great hotel, no complaints with the customer service side, but its time for some major renovations in order to bring the DLH up to date with the more modern hotels, if not then their rates need to be lower.

Lanmon
06-11-2005, 05:11 PM
We stay at PPH or GCH only. These hotels are great. However, DLH needs alot of help. We won't stay there again (or at least until they fix and clean everything).

Why don't you try PPH, which doesn't cost as much per night, and has great rooms? GCH is our favorite, but it's costly.

Thanks for your email.
We are Disney Vacation Club members (DVC) which means we actually don't pay for the room because it is a timeshare somewhat. I don't think PPH, DHL or GCH does not make much money on the room when DVC members stay. We have stayed twice at GCH. The first time was wonderful. The last time we had to move to another room because the room was not what we requested in our reservation. We requested Downtown Disney view, not a parking lot view, which meant using more DVC points for the DD view. We decided to give DHL a try and if it does not meet our expectations we will make comments to the front desk.

Hakuna Makarla
06-11-2005, 05:47 PM
I stayed the first timeever at the PPH and well I was not impressed. I think it was nice, but to far to walk and other motels work just fine for me. I will not be going back there ever :) I thought the check in was lame, it took me 45 minutes to check in and I was only 4th in line! mt room was not ready as promised and I had to go into it late. But man that bed was awsome for comfort!!! For me, and me alone I am thinking I will stay at a nice place farther away, take the motels personnel shuttle, there nice made to order breakfast and be picked uop at the main gate instead of walkign at the end of the day to some motel.
I am thinking the real nicce ones in Buena park erea with shuttle service to disneyland and close to knotts. This way I will not have to rely on taxi's to get around, and can acually enjoy staying in the park and relaxing until its time to go at the end of the day.
embassy Suites looks nice and is pretty cheap for all the luxury :) Looks like my kind of place.