PDA

View Full Version : How to get into DL management?

uvsc_wolverine
06-10-2005, 12:04 PM
Does anyone know what it takes to get into the management level of DL? That is my ultimate ambition in life, and I'm looking to do whatever it takes to make a career out of working at DL. I'm currently in college, I'll be getting an AS in Computer Science in December, then I'm planning to continue on and get a BS in English with an emphasis in creative writing. After that I plan on getting an MBA. I'm hoping that with the technical ability implied by the Computer Science degree, the communication skills implied by the English degree, and the MBA shows that I would be able to run a business. Anyone have any suggestions? Also, does anyone know what kind of education/background Matt Ouiment and Greg Emmer have? Would it be better to start out as something like a ride operator and move up from there?

Osky
06-10-2005, 06:37 PM
Well, I am not sure about most of the questions you ask, but I have heard stories of many people being promoted from within. If you are truly serious about this, I would suggest you continue your education in Southern California and get a part-time job at the park. While you are working, try to meet as many people as possible. Take advantage of CM functions and make your intentions known. It would be much easier to work the angles and get the inside track to management if you are already "part of the family".

Grandbreaker
06-10-2005, 07:06 PM
Start at the bottom and work your way up.

sediment
06-10-2005, 08:20 PM
I answered you in the other board. And please spell Cast Member Matt's last name correctly! That would be a better start to your rise.

hlbtimes2
06-10-2005, 08:21 PM
Switch your major to resturant / hotel management. They obviously need some help in that department. LOL In all seriousness, my sisters ex managed the Blue Bayou for a year or so in the 90's. He was hired out of the WSU (Wash. state univ) rest/ hotel managment program when he graduated. They hired him and paid to move him from WA to CA. He went through a short training program and then went to the BB.

uvsc_wolverine
06-10-2005, 09:56 PM
I answered you in the other board. And please spell Cast Member Matt's last name correctly! That would be a better start to your rise.

Dang it! I knew I spelled it wrong! :mad:

GrumpyUTboi
06-10-2005, 10:45 PM
If you want an MBA get it from the U of U not BYU! ;) What type of MBA are you looking at getting? (just don't go to BYU's program, not highly rated)

Wizard69
06-11-2005, 12:46 AM
Kiss major butt.