PDA

View Full Version : Fast Pass Guilt

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

TikiGeek
06-10-2005, 08:39 AM
I know this is stupid but I always feel bad for the people standing in line when I use my Fast Pass at Splash Mountain. :rolleyes: I don't know why I feel that way because everybody has the same chance to use a FP instead of waiting an hour or more but when I walk past all of the people who have been waiting so long I just feel bad. Has anyone else ever had that feeling?

biolabetty
06-10-2005, 08:44 AM
I can't say that I've ever felt badly about using my fastpasses since as you pointed out, everyone had the opportunity to get one. I have a difficult time with the "looks" people give you when you zip in front of them. I just don't understand why people don't use them.

Pat-n-Eil
06-10-2005, 08:48 AM
Go guilt free and enjoy!
They aren't secret.
They aren't difficult to get.
They make life grand.
I understand they aren't always required - but I am such a big fan of them that I now can't go without getting the AAA enhanced version of it.

FastPass is the cherry on top of the sundae of rest, recreation and relaxation that my vacation is supposed to be.

Leash81
06-10-2005, 08:50 AM
I can't say that I've ever felt badly about using my fastpasses since as you pointed out, everyone had the opportunity to get one. I have a difficult time with the "looks" people give you when you zip in front of them. I just don't understand why people don't use them.

Oh see I get so irritated with people for giving me dirty looks because I have a fastpass. I just show them the pass and tell them its not my fault that they are too clueless to get one. I know this is mean but I figure that if they are in standby and are glaring at me for going in fastpass then they are obviously unaware of the fastpass system and therefore did not do any research before they came to the park.

Shortiemetoo
06-10-2005, 08:51 AM
I understand what you mean!! But I use them anyway!!! ;)

SeansMom
06-10-2005, 08:53 AM
Yep...I've had those feelings too...must be how I'm hardwired. For the most part, I try to take in my surroundings and ignore the folks in the standby line. Sure wouldn't stop me from using them, though!!!

Vegitabeta
06-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Don't feel guilty, because you'll probably be standing in line for other rides, then the boot is on the other foot!

The old man
06-10-2005, 08:56 AM
Has anyone else ever had that feeling?
Nada, zippo, not a whit.

David

Crazy4DL
06-10-2005, 08:58 AM
I can understand how you feel. I guess I should feel like that but never did - too happy heading to the front. ;) I always just assumed they for whatever reason the standby people just decided it was easier to stand in the line instead of getting a fastpass and coming back.

Doodle Duck
06-10-2005, 09:19 AM
Poor pitiful muggles...never learned to read or investigate options...or ask? I give em big grins as they pathetically watch the Royal Coach pass (via the Golden Ticket) to the head of the line...as it should be.

Crazy4DL
06-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Poor pitiful muggles...never learned to read or investigate options...or ask? I give em big grins as they pathetically watch the Royal Coach pass (via the Golden Ticket) to the head of the line...as it should be.

LMHO!!! you are just so mean!! ;) and totally right and very hilarious!! :D

Disneynerd
06-10-2005, 09:29 AM
Yep...I've had those feelings too...must be how I'm hardwired. For the most part, I try to take in my surroundings and ignore the folks in the standby line. Sure wouldn't stop me from using them, though!!!I'm hardwired like that too. I always feel the need to apologize when people glare. But I don't!

Niwel
06-10-2005, 09:39 AM
The funny thing is, I'm sure I get looks all the time for FP, but I seem to notice them the most in line for Splash -- not as much lately since I use single rider, but previously.
I felt guilty, too -- briefly -- but it isn't like they are hiding how FP operates (they put instructions in the guidebook and every FP distribution area has at least one CM helping guests).
FP Pride!!

kisroo
06-10-2005, 09:50 AM
<<snip>>FP Pride!!

Heehee, FP Pride. Niwel, you crack me up. ;)

It is funny how you notice them more on Splash...I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it's how close the standby line is to the fast pass? And, it's a very long line, so by the time they get into the building part, seeing us internet wizards fly by probably doesn't help. :geek:

disneyperson
06-10-2005, 10:24 AM
Do not feel guilty!!!!! They are in the stand by line because the choose to be there. If they wanted to skip the line, they could get a fast pass too. NO GUILT!!!!

got2travel
06-10-2005, 10:29 AM
No guilt...I actually feel sorry for them. Why would you not choose to use FP?

CrazyMouse
06-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Go guilt free and enjoy!
They aren't secret.
They make life grand.
I understand they aren't always required - but I am such a big fan of them that I now can't go without getting the AAA enhanced version of it.

FastPass is the cherry on top of the sundae of rest, recreation and relaxation that my vacation is supposed to be.

Haha. I can't wait to use the enchanced fastpasses!

outlaw8
06-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Go guilt free and enjoy!
They aren't secret.
They make life grand.

AAA Enhanced??? What is this? I have AAA how do you get Fastpasses with it?

MsYumiBr
06-10-2005, 10:45 AM
If you look at a lot of them, they are young people. They already used their fastpass or waiting to use their next one and they are in the line as a second time ride or something to do in between. I never feel sorry for people in fastpass or stand-by line. Besides, I think standing in line makes the ride more fun because of the anticipation factor. Running in and getting on a ride and running to the next one and getting on takes some of the fun out of it. We did that in February. No crowds, no lines, lots of rain, fun but kinda lonely.

CoasterChickie
06-10-2005, 11:19 AM
No, I don't feel guilty at all. Everyone has an opportunity to get one. If they don't know how, all they have to do is ask. I don't know why anyone would want to stand in line for 85 minutes unless he/she was planning to smooch with his/her SO the entire time!! :D ;)

Buttercup
06-10-2005, 11:27 AM
AAA Enhanced??? What is this? I have AAA how do you get Fastpasses with it?

If you purchase your park tickets and hotel (one of the 3 DLR hotels) thru AAA you get the enhanced fast pass option on your tickets. The enhanced option also you to get more than one fastpass at a time, although not for the same ride. But rather than getting a fastpass for Indy and having to wait until your return time (or the 2 hour window) you could go get a fastpass for Splash right away. You could hold a fastpass for every fp ride in the park at the same time. Darkbeer posted a really good explanation on Fastpass just the other day.

We used to always get the enhanced fastpass when you didn't have to stay at one of the 3 DLR hotels. Not sure I want to spend the extra $$ on hotel just for the enhanced feature.

For people that already stay onsite it's a no-brainer, book thru AAA and get the enhanced option/

ralika
06-10-2005, 11:28 AM
I Feel Guilty Too I Hate All The Dirty Looks I Get

The Mouse Is Back
06-10-2005, 11:31 AM
No reason at all to feel guilty - unless you're one of those types who run through the Parks collecting and hoarding FPs and then only use a few of them.

If you're one of those, then I curse you, because on very busy days attractions run out of FPs early in the day, and other people who would actually USE THEM (instead of throwing them on the ground) can't get them.

Unless a standby line is more than a half hour, I rarely use FP. I love going through all the theming and taking in the excitement and anticipation of my fellow line-standers who've never been on the attraction before! :)

-Allegra-

rentayenta
06-10-2005, 12:17 PM
No, I don't feel guilty at all. Everyone has an opportunity to get one. If they don't know how, all they have to do is ask. I don't know why anyone would want to stand in line for 85 minutes unless he/she was planning to smooch with his/her SO the entire time!! :D ;)

Don't be getting any bright ideas in July. :p

I never feel guilty about using FastPass. I do however, give our unused ones away. There is nothing like giving away Splash or Indy passes to unsuspecting people. :)

Shortiemetoo
06-10-2005, 12:25 PM
Don't be getting any bright ideas in July. :p

I never feel guilty about using FastPass. I do however, give our unused ones away. There is nothing like giving away Splash or Indy passes to unsuspecting people. :)

My daughter and I did that a lot of times on our last trip! It was really crowded on Friday and Saturday and we got fast passes early...since she was very newly preggers she would change her mind about some of the rides so we would give them away...People loved it!! I would try to find someone with kids who were using kid pass...or whatever it is called.