PDA

View Full Version : Funniest things you've overheard...

Pages : [1] 2 3

OregonBoy1963
06-09-2005, 08:57 PM
Had a great trip to DLR this weekend, as usual. Overheard some very funny things people said, so thought I'd share them and see what you all remember from your trips...

"We've been here for 5 hours and have gone on two rides--we're going to have to pick up the pace if we're going to see everthing today." (An older couple and their daughter as they rode the railroad around the park)

"Let's get something to drink, then go on Magic Mountain."

"Let's go on Space Mountain first" (Family standing outside waiting for the park gates to open... More sad than funny, but we told them Space Mountain was still closed...)

PirateSmile
06-09-2005, 09:10 PM
"Let's go see Robin Hood!" - Some woman leading her daughter over to Peter Pan.

"LORD SAVE US WE'RE GONNA DERAIL!!!" - Some girl screaming on the BTMR a few weeks after it was re opened for a second time. She was kidding, but it was still funny.

Disney Vault
06-09-2005, 09:31 PM
"LORD SAVE US WE'RE GONNA DERAIL!!!" - Some girl screaming on the BTMR a few weeks after it was re opened for a second time. She was kidding, but it was still funny.
I don't find that funny. That could really scare people and I don't think that is the place to discuss it. My dad asked me a question about that accident while we were in line around everyone and I told him I wouldn't talk about it then. And then I later talked about it that night. I just wouldn't want to wreck a trip by freaking people out.

carolyn
06-09-2005, 10:17 PM
"They must have just built this ride because the movie, like, just came out." (Teenage girl in the POTC line.)

keschy
06-09-2005, 10:24 PM
A little girl standing with her mother as Mickey Mouse walked by said :
"Look! There goes the father of our country!"

Tinkerbelle
06-09-2005, 11:09 PM
The same thing happened to me today too. My sister was asking me about the death on BTMR while we were in line for it. I refused to talk about it, for the same reasons.

.... One of the funniest things I hear while working on The Disneyland Railroad is, "Will this train be coming back to this station?"

As if we'd spend thousands of dollars on a train, only to have it never return to the station. Believe it or not, the trains do return to the station they were dispatched at. And they just keep asking it too. I get asked that question so many times a day, it's sad.

justlittleoldme
06-10-2005, 08:06 AM
On It's a Small World, a group of kids were behind me, and as we went through the last room (with the dolls dressed in white) I here this:
"WOW...it must be heaven!"
"No..look...its all the countries!"
"Where's Las Vegas?"
"We're in Las Vegas!"

And on the way to the Haunted Mansion a little boy said to his dad: "Want to know why its the Haunted Mansion? It's because its haunted, and air conditioned"

Shortiemetoo
06-10-2005, 08:17 AM
I heard a little boy say to his Mommy "I want to go on the Pirates of the Caribbean because I know that if the pirates jump in the boat Mickey Mouse will save us!"
She tried to explain to him that the pirates were only pretend. He then answered her with, "Mom there are some things you just don't understand".. Wonder how many times she had said that to him before!! lol :p

pirateabbie
06-10-2005, 08:19 AM
"They must have just built this ride because the movie, like, just came out." (Teenage girl in the POTC line.)

That is hilarious! I still like the "Why is their line moving so much faster than ours?" From the non-fast-pass users.

Osky
06-10-2005, 08:36 AM
This wasn't at Disneyland, but it is relavent. My brother-in-law gave my daughter a $20.00 bill a couple of nights ago to get her to agree to let him come to Disneyland with us. She immediately wanted to know what ride the $20 is for. Then, before we could explain the concept of money to her, she turned it over and said "Its for the Haunted Mansion. This is a big scary building on it." We all got a laugh out of that.

disney jones
06-10-2005, 08:45 AM
last trip - first expereince as we entered the park at DTD Monorail Station:

Guest to CM at Gate: "Where does the Monorail drop you off in Disneyland?"

CM to guest: "Adventureland."

:rolleyes:

i mutter under my breath to myself, not to either one of them: "Tomorrowland." :geek:

The CM heard me, laughed, and said "Oh, yeah -hahaha - i've been telling everyone all morning it's Adventureland".

me: :|

miss bianca
06-10-2005, 08:48 AM
I heard a man tell his wife that Walt's apartment was in the Castle.
And this lady at work told everyone that her favorite ride at DL was "Back to the Future". Tried to tell her that thats not at DL but she said it used to be there. Oh-Okay :rolleyes:

Shortiemetoo
06-10-2005, 08:49 AM
last trip - first expereince as we entered the park at DTD Monorail Station:

Guest to CM at Gate: "Where does the Monorail drop you off in Disneyland?"

CM to guest: "Adventureland."

:rolleyes:

i mutter under my breath to myself, not to either one of them: "Tomorrowland." :geek:

The CM heard me, laughed, and said [I]"Oh, yeah -hahaha - i've been telling everyone all morning it's Adventureland".[/I

me: :|

Man alive...that is horrible!!!! :(

Vegitabeta
06-10-2005, 08:58 AM
No wonder you get all those guests that look lost.

Disneynerd
06-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Someone said, "Disneyland has the BEST fries!" while standing in front of a McDonald's French Fry wagon. It took all my strength not to point out the golden arches.

Crazy4DL
06-10-2005, 10:01 AM
Ok, not sure if this is funny . . . my neighbor lady and I were chatting in the street the other day and we got on the subject of Disneyland, and something about kids and she said "yeah kids can just play there and you don't have to even watch them or worry about them":eek: and I said "well not in this day and age - I wouldn't let mine out of my sight" (talking about my grandchildren) and she said "oh they have police officers all over, the people sweeping up the trash, they are all police officers" :eek: I did a :|, thinking to myself ok is she nuts or have I missed something??

Earkid
06-10-2005, 10:30 AM
My niece Morgan is a real daredevil (she's disappointed she isn't tall enough for the Maliboomer yet), but the one ride that scares the beejeezus out of her is the Haunted Mansion. While we were in line she was trying to psych herself up for the ride by explaining to me that everything in Disneyland is fake. I gave her a really shocked look :eek: and said to her "I can't believe you think Mickey Mouse is fake"!!! She replies "What I meant to say is everything BUT Mickey Mouse, and the other people he hangs out with, is fake." :D I love the way the mind of a 7 yr old works.

got2travel
06-10-2005, 10:41 AM
I've heard many variations of the POTC movie vs ride comments......I don't understand why so many people think the movie came out first.

"They didn't make this ride look like the movie at all"
"They forgot to put Capt Jack in here"
"That doesn't look like the Interceptor"

Oh, and I love the mother who told her kids they were going to find Yogi Bear now.

Mark Mywords
06-10-2005, 10:45 AM
At the Blue Bayou, a man dining alone at a table right by the bayou asks his waitress:

"Excuse me, where are all those boats going to?"

scaeagles
06-10-2005, 11:49 AM
I heard someone asking for directions to the "auto-pia" (rhyming with mama mia).

jennyren
06-10-2005, 12:30 PM
My favorite was the mother that told her son on Star Tours that we were actually going to Endor. He spent the whole ride screaming: "I don't want to go to Space! I want to stay on Earth!". Needless to say it was one of the most exciting rides on Star Tours that I've ever had. Maybe I am just evil but I found it hilarious! :D

mystycalchyk
06-10-2005, 12:37 PM
From my nephew during this trip (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=32121&page=1&pp=25&) (pics on page two. There is one or two I believe of him with Cinderella)

He was so completely twitterpated with all the princesses. But after his visit with Cinderella, and she showed him how to kiss her hand, he kind of stumbled back to me all starry eyed and tongue-tied and stammered:

"She's just sooooooo beautiful"

Not really funny, but the memory of it always makes me smile and chuckle a bit :)

Tambour
06-10-2005, 12:45 PM
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb came bounding into Fantasyland near Dumbo.
Mom to her 3 children:
"look here comes Dumb and Dumber"

--------------------------------

After waiting in a long line to see Cinderella a young boy calls out to his dad (who is standing with his wife on camera duty)

"Daddy, she IS prettier then mommy!"

Then mommy socked daddy in the shoulder. The boy get's a big lipsticky kiss from the princess.

nightdesigns
06-10-2005, 01:20 PM
Not so much over-heard, but related

Saw the fab-four at the HOB a couple of weeks ago. At some point during the show they said they were going to go on Space Mountain. I had the inform them of the bad news. They weren't pleased.

TikiGeek
06-10-2005, 01:24 PM
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb came bounding into Fantasyland near Dumbo.
Mom to her 3 children:
"look here comes Dumb and Dumber"LOL!!! Classic. :D