PDA

View Full Version : 50th merch. event - 1st and 2nd picks poll

jiminycesq
06-09-2005, 07:14 PM
I think there are at least a dozen active posters planning to go to the merchandise event, and comments have been shared already about frustrations and disappointments, so I am hoping this thread can focus on one topic only - what are you most excited about getting for your first and second picks on the RSP?

Now that we know edition sizes offered to attendees (again, lots of perspectives on that, hope that doesnt become a distraction), I have spent a lot of time thinking about what I want and how to sequence my picks to get the most. So, I will share my 1st and 2nd picks and why I did them.

The thing I want the most, the one I think is just the greatest and I will be so excited to get that I am putting it down on my 2nd RSP to give as a gift (it looks that wonderful to me!) is I think, other than pins and tee shirts, the cheapest item on the list - the photo frame! I of course have seen only the online photo but whoever put it together "gets it" and CARES about DL and the history and heritage and memories, the way I do, and I LOVE IT! But ... it is an edition size 300 and I think most attendees have many other things they want more, so I dont think many will put it first. I am gambling but confident that by putting it second I will get it anyway, so I am saving my first spot for -

The Disneyland Marquee miniature with pins. I dont care much about the pins, they are nice, but the marquee sure will look great someday when I finally can display my stuff, and is I think unique. So many will want this because of both its design and the pins, and it is a very reasonable $98, so I am putting it first.

All in all, I am listing 16 items for me and then some for friends. I think the most expensive is less than $150, but it still adds up. It is difficult to strategize especially when the number attending is uncertain - although it could be as low as 350 I think. So I am hopeful about my picks.

What are yours ? Please share your excitement and strategy for at least your first two. I promise not to change mine to get your stuff LOL!

jiminycesq
06-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Oh, and Florida did confirm that there will be enough of the "I was there" pins and the "Walt photo" pins for everyone to get one and two, respectively, so those are at the end of my list even though I want them very much. Lastly, I think they expected the RSP info on the seminars to come out either at the end of this week or Monday online (subject to change of course) so I am waiting for those to finalize my picks and budget accordingly. We have another week so its fun to plan!

tmshpkns
06-09-2005, 08:49 PM
#1 - the framed ticket
#2 - the watch
#3 - the Marquee set

Basically, the lowest edition size thing I want goes first. We also have a second RSP and will probably change the order on the second one to maximize our chances at the merchandise.

With 311 attendees on the top three packages, I would think attendance is greater than 350, although significantly lower than the 811 cap. I'm guessing around 500?

Maus
06-10-2005, 07:32 PM
My daughter and I each want the Marquee. I was afraid that's the one everyone would want :(