PDA

View Full Version : Carousel Inn Hotel

tiggerpoo
01-31-2002, 06:06 PM
Can anyone give me their opinions good/bad on this hotel? Thinking about asking for top floor (noisy?). I understand they recently remodeled but does that mean ALL the rooms?:confused:
Do they have balconies? Any help would be great!
ThankYou:)

socabch
01-31-2002, 06:12 PM
Never stayed there. But here's a good place to read reviews on the Mouse Planet: http://www.mouseplanet.com/dtp/offsite/2_dl/dl_offsite.htm

I saw some for the Carousel on there.

pixiepal
01-31-2002, 06:34 PM
I have stayed there SEVERAL times....while the location is good, the staff nice, and the rooms are clean, I can't say any stay has been without some sort of problem (putting us in a smoking room when we SPECIFICALLY said non-smoking--I am allergic; overcharging--by mistake, but still a hassle to have to correct it; no towels; the list goes on). Last time we stayed we got a night comped due to all the problems on our previous trip.
The only reason we keep staying here is because the location is terrific....short walk and BOOM there you are.
So if things like those listed above don't bother you, or you don't have BAD HOTEL LUCK like my friend and I appear to have...I would suggest staying there because the close proximity to the parks alone is worth it.

MammaSilva
01-31-2002, 06:35 PM
We stayed there several years ago and I have to say I was less than impressed with the overall guest experience, first off we had terrible maid service, the rooms still weren't done at 5 and 6 in the afternoon/early evening, the pool is on top of the hotel and is the size of a postage stamp, but that was a great view of the fireworks ....the parking was terrible, and the 'free breakfast' was restricted, you HAD to stay in their breakfast room, you couldn't even take a cup of coffee back to your room.....I personally would never stay there again.

tiggerpoo
01-31-2002, 10:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I've heard good and not so good about this motel. However, the posts seem to be saying that since the remodel (I think about a year ago) things have improved greatly. Can I ask when you guys stayed there?
Location is very important to us, the closer the better.
I'm wondering which part of the hotel(front or back) is better?
We had some bad luck at the Fairfield last year so I know what it feels like to put up with that nonsense!!
Thanks again;)

pixiepal
02-03-2002, 01:36 PM
The last time I stayed there was last August....so it has been since the remodel. We stayed in the rooms closest to the street (not overlooking it, but a few rooms down). No street noise, but of course kids running around at all hours (but you get that regardless of where you stay). We never stay in the rooms near the pool, as it creeps me out (the thought of that much water sitting above me is scary). We did stay once in the larger rooms above the parking (there are about 10 of them), and they were nice (no upstairs/downstairs neighbors) so if you can I would recommend asking for one of those.

tiggerpoo
02-03-2002, 09:26 PM
The larger rooms above the parking... Are those considered suites I wonder? If not then that sounds worth looking into:)
I'm starting to think that when you buy a package from Disney you kind of get stuck in the least popular rooms? Or maybe I'm just being paranoid!
Just curious, why does the water over your head bother you:eek:
Thanks again.

LuvDisney
06-07-2002, 11:09 AM
Tiggerpoo what kind of bad luck did you have at the Fairfield?

Disney Nick
06-07-2002, 12:44 PM
Just stayed here last weekend and I was thoroughly impressed. The rooms are clean, location is close, and staff is friendly. We checked in late that night and our room was just as we requested. Plus I got a $59/night rate from Orbitz 1 week in advance. Definitely going to stay here again!