PDA

View Full Version : Need DLR trip suggestions for December 13-17

TikiTiki
06-09-2005, 02:18 PM
Well it's that time of year when I plan our big family trip to DLR. We were originally think about November (Thanksgiving possibly) but once I found out that POTC was going to be in re-furb mode, we nixed that idea. Can't go without a Pirates fix... sooooo...

We are looking at the 13-17th of December. Pirates should re-open that week and we can still take advantage of the "Stay 3 nights, get the 4th night free" deal.

Now..As far as I know, most schools will still be in session so that week shouldn't be too bad. BUT, we've never gone at that time. We've gone the first week of December before and it was wonderful! All the holiday decor and the crowds were light, weather cool. Made for a perfect trip!

Anyone have any experiences with trips between December 13-17? Busy? Slow? Average?

Would really appreciate any input! Thanks!!

Eighty8Keys
06-09-2005, 02:59 PM
We were there last December 14-18, the same time frame as you're planning for this year. It was our absolute best trip ever and our first time to be there when the Christmas decorations were up. Weather was perfect, sunny but not too hot. Evenings were cool. No crowds and short lines on Tuesday through Friday. Friday evening and Saturday were a lot more crowded, possibly due to the start of winter break for many schools or maybe just because weekends are more crowded. I believe that Friday was also the first showing of Fantasmic after its hiatus, so that may have contributed to the increased attendance.

On two of the days we were in the park, they were taping segments for the Walt Disney World Christmas Parade that aired on Christmas Day. We had fun being a part of that, even though the shots of us ended up on the cutting room floor.

We're planning our next trip for that same week this December. I think you'll have a great time.

rentayenta
06-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Last year we were there from the 20th-26th and it was amazing! It wasn't crowded before the 25th. The park was magical! This year we are going from the 8th-13th because our U2 concert is the 17th and going after would rush us too much to get home before Christmas Eve (DH has to work).

You will have a great time!

pisces
06-09-2005, 04:34 PM
Last year we were there from the 20th-26th and it was amazing! It wasn't crowded before the 25th. The park was magical! This year we are going from the 8th-13th because our U2 concert is the 17th and going after would rush us too much to get home before Christmas Eve (DH has to work).

You will have a great time!

Hey Yenta: Did you ever reveal your pictures? I'm having a Christmas in July party, and will trot mine out then.....

rentayenta
06-09-2005, 04:46 PM
Hey Yenta: Did you ever reveal your pictures? I'm having a Christmas in July party, and will trot mine out then.....

No. :crying: I would love to but DH hasn't set up my online photo album yet. :mad: I would love to share them but I am sick of asking him. :rolleyes:

I'd like to see yours! :)

disneyperson
06-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Those are good dates to choose. We'll most likely be there at around the same time. I've got to have my "omigawd, look at all those lights!!!!!" fix.

stinkerbell
06-09-2005, 07:37 PM
We're going the week before....I think it's the perfect time to be there (and we're also doing the 4th night free deal)!! :)

TikiTiki
06-10-2005, 10:17 AM
for the feedback! Sounds nothing but good to me so we are set for those days. Looks to be nice n quiet until the schools let out and I'll be heading home that day!

I am going to make all my ressie's now! DLR at Sandy Claws Time! Here we come!

Thanks again for the input! It's very appreciated!

Monte Cristo
06-10-2005, 11:04 AM

What's a "Christmas in July party"? (I know it sounds obvious enough, I'm just curious).