PDA

View Full Version : ECV's Can Be a Hazard to Your Health!

mowsluver
06-09-2005, 08:31 AM
If I have ONE major complaint about DL it is the way the wheelchair/ECV's are not supervised as the enter the exits of rides....Please, do not think for a moment that I do not want our disabled friends to enjoy all that us semi-able bodied people enjoy, but the exiting crowds going against the incoming wheelchairs can be dangerous! They could put a CM there on certain rides to direct both in/outgoing guests. It is a blind, dark corner.

On PofC my 5 year old daughter was walking right against the wall near the very outside part of the exit. We always try to stay to the right just like when you are driving, and ths EVC came in and cut such a sharp corner that the back wheel rode up on her foot and ankle and no one could move! The poor lady in the EVC jumped up and then a couple guest lifted the back so she could free her foot. She was literally trapped! Thak god she wasn't badly injured and I do not blame the 'driver' but a CM posted there could have helped clear a path, or they could paint a line on one side for wheelchairs and EVCs so they can have a sort of path of their own.

Tinker Bell
06-09-2005, 09:43 AM
I hate that you have to go thourgh the Exit. They Need to shut down the whole park for a few weeks and make all the ride Wheelchair able thourgh the front way. cause a person in a wheel chair misses all that cool themed stuff that you get going through the front.

jennia
06-09-2005, 11:23 AM
Unfortunately it wouldn't be a few weeks it would be much longer. :( But I agree that it would be nice to access all the rides through the entrance and not miss the back story, etc.

Shortiemetoo
06-09-2005, 12:02 PM
I am thankful that most of the rides at least can be experienced if you are wheelchair bound! I have a good friend who is and even though she missed a lot at Disneyland and DCA she also got to experience a lot!!!
I do agree that there needs to be some form of CM assistance though, especially if the person in the wheelchair is alone and does not have someone who can walk ahead of them!! That would solve a lot of the problem!

GrumpyUTboi
06-09-2005, 07:49 PM
What suprises me is that DL is in Cali and that the laws haven't made DL be more accessable to certain people. It seems that the laws in Cali are all over the board and there is a law for something, so it really suprises me. :confused:

lauramaynot
06-09-2005, 08:43 PM
, or they could paint a line on one side for wheelchairs and EVCs so they can have a sort of path of their own.

I think this would be a good idea. not just for that ride either once coming out of indiana jones we encountered a EVC accompanied by a huge crowd (at least 8) walking side by side taking up the entire corridor (by the way they don't let that many people accompany the evc do they?) Anyway the lady in the EVC kept telling the kids on the end to get out of the way for people. I don't know what the deal was exactly but I felt bad for her she smiled at us as we went past and said "sorry" but I think she was frustrated with her group.

Disneyfun
06-09-2005, 08:54 PM
My mothers uses a wheel chair and one day we wanted to get here an EVC but you have to sign a waver that reads if anyone in your party is injured then we would not hold disneyland responsable. KNow enough about the law this s written in such a way that say you were on Thundermountain while the person in the EVC. And you were unlucky enough to be in the car that derailed that day. Becuase you are a memeber of the group with the EVC and that person signed that paper you no longer could legally hold disney responsable for the injuries that accured. I know this does not sound right. But it is true. Not to say in such a sever case as this Disney would not helo you meaning paying for medical expenses and such. But it is somehting to be aware off!

SCUBAbe
06-09-2005, 08:59 PM
What suprises me is that DL is in Cali and that the laws haven't made DL be more accessable to certain people. It seems that the laws in Cali are all over the board and there is a law for something, so it really suprises me. :confused:

they have made DL wheel cahir frindly. they can get on all the rides. the law does not state it has to be the same route everyine uses. DCA was built to accommodate wheel chairs in their queues.

SCUBAbe
06-09-2005, 09:01 PM
My mothers uses a wheel chair and one day we wanted to get here an EVC but you have to sign a waver that reads if anyone in your party is injured then we would not hold disneyland responsable.

it sounds like it means while operating the evc...not being maimed by a ride in the park...a lawyer would have a field day with that one..:)