PDA

View Full Version : Many rides down at once?

Mrs.N
06-09-2005, 07:51 AM
Yesterday we were at the parks with an out of town guest and in the afternoon, lots of the rides were down!

First in DCA, It's Tough to Be a Bug, California Screamin', Grizzly, and Soarin.

We went back to DL and Indy was closed, as was BTM. Matterhorn was working though. We didn't check anything else.

Anyone know what was up?

stan4d_steph
06-09-2005, 08:29 AM
Sounds like some bad luck... Sorry to hear it!

Maleficent Fan
06-09-2005, 09:09 AM
It was actually a power outage. I was there and at one point everything went off. I was let known that they were running on their backup power source for the rest of the day.

SoCalSteven
06-09-2005, 09:30 AM
It was actually a power outage. I was there and at one point everything went off. I was let known that they were running on their backup power source for the rest of the day.
So, do they have a nuclear reactor in back or what! LOL!

Disneyland has got to use a LOT of power.

mystycalchyk
06-09-2005, 09:36 AM
From what I understand Disney has its own power grid. They are their own power. This was explained to me back when all the power outages were happening in California a few summers ago but Disneyland remained lit up like a beacon, even DCA was lit up and it wasnt even officially open yet. It had seemed somehow 'off' to me that families were without power but Disney could light up a rollercoaster that wasnt even being used etc. *shrugs* Dont know how true it is, just what I was told at that time.

The old man
06-09-2005, 10:08 AM
With that many E tickets down at DCA they should not have been charging admission.
David

PragmaticIdealist
06-09-2005, 11:03 AM
You should have asked for a ticket adjustment from Guest Relations.

Shortiemetoo
06-09-2005, 11:26 AM
From what I understand Disney has its own power grid. They are their own power. This was explained to me back when all the power outages were happening in California a few summers ago but Disneyland remained lit up like a beacon, even DCA was lit up and it wasnt even officially open yet. It had seemed somehow 'off' to me that families were without power but Disney could light up a rollercoaster that wasnt even being used etc. *shrugs* Dont know how true it is, just what I was told at that time.

That reminds me of water rationing in northern and central california and all the fountains on in Palm Springs!!!

mystycalchyk
06-09-2005, 11:59 AM
That reminds me of water rationing in northern and central california and all the fountains on in Palm Springs!!!

Yeah tell me about it....we have major water rationing here but there's plenty of pools and fountains in Phoenix :rolleyes: Not to mention the watering of lawns.

Grass is a luxury we cannot afford since we cannot water enough here to allow them.

Drives me insane.

Sorry in advance to all the Phoenix people I've just offended.

sorry for the hijack.

Black Pearl
06-09-2005, 12:23 PM
Yeah tell me about it....we have major water rationing here but there's plenty of pools and fountains in Phoenix :rolleyes: Not to mention the watering of lawns.

Grass is a luxury we cannot afford since we cannot water enough here to allow them.

Drives me insane.

Sorry in advance to all the Phoenix people I've just offended.

sorry for the hijack.

You didn't offend me, but I just gotta ask....When did Phoenix become part of California?

Black Pearl
06-09-2005, 12:35 PM
You didn't offend me, but I just gotta ask....When did Phoenix become part of California?

Oops! I assumed you lived in California....Are you down in Tucson?

TikiGeek
06-09-2005, 12:54 PM
but I just gotta ask....When did Phoenix become part of California?When part of California moved there. ;)

mystycalchyk
06-09-2005, 02:22 PM
Oops! I assumed you lived in California....Are you down in Tucson?

Nope Flagstaff :D

Black Pearl
06-09-2005, 02:48 PM
When part of California moved there. ;)
LMAO.....We only have 48 more states to offend!

Disney Vault
06-09-2005, 04:53 PM
LMAO.....We only have 48 more states to offend!
Has anyone seen those Abercrombie shirts that make fun of states? I wouldn't wear them but I think they are funny. The only one I remember was "Massachusetts Blows" And it had a picture of a sailboat.