PDA

View Full Version : The Amazing Race

HorizonsA
06-08-2005, 10:08 PM
ANd let me tell you, it truly was an amazing race. It was such a great victory. one man verses 500+ people. What are the odds?

The starting line: Matterhorn Mountain
The Finishing line: "it's a small world"

Ok, so today I spent my evening at Disneyland. I arrived when the parade was underway. I somehow made my way to the left side of the street as the last float had just come out. But since I was on that side of Main Street, I was pretty much trapped on that side of Disneyland. So, once I navigated my way down towards Central Plaza, I tried to figure out what should I visit first; Star Tours? Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters? ASIMO? Matterhorn Bobsleds? I ended up choosing Matterhorn, of course. I chose to go on the Fantasyland side of the Mountain this time. Awesome as always. When exiting the ride, I thought, "Small World? Why not?" But the last float of the parade was already half way down the Promenade! Oh crap, the line is going to be long by the time I get down there, there were already hundreds of people following the last float. But then I noticed that no one was using the little walkway along side the Storybookland Canal Boats. I speed walked through that walkway like there was no tomorrow. The people just kept getting closer and closer to the entrance. NOOOOOO! Why was EVERYone heading for Small World? Luckily the rope was still up, so everyone had to step over or go under to get to the entrance which created an advantage for me as I was already on the right side of the rope. Once I was in that queue for Small World, I walked normally, and I even got to have a personal wave to Princess Aurora. Good times, good times. When I got in my boat, the line was already reaching well beyond the entrance. I had won! Me against 500 other people. It felt good, a great victory!

In other news:

While it is a step in the right direction, it's a very SMALL step. During Remember...Dreams Come True, I watched the performance along the Rivers of America. During the Star Tours segment, lasers came out from Tom Sawyer Island. Hooray, but it would have been nice if some fireworks came out of there too. I know that they are planning to have fireworks shoot from the Island to try to keep Fantasmic! crowds in that area. They could easily do the fire in the Indiana Jones segment. If they could do it from Fantasmic!, they could do it for Remember...

A couple of weeks ago, I posted about how disrepsectful and rude middle school teenagers and early high school kids can be. Well today, they were just cruel. While waiting in the Foyer of The Haunted Mansion, there was a poor little noy scared out of his mind. He was shaking, crying, and moaning. I felt sorry for him, if my kids ever were shaking like he was, I would not take them on it. Anyway, there were two groups of teenagers who were listening to this little boy. They started to scream, shout, make ghostly noises! They were doing this on purpose; trying to frighten the little boy even more. I really wanted to just slap those kids.

MommyTo3Boys1Girl
06-08-2005, 11:18 PM
ANd let me tell you, it truly was an amazing race. It was such a great victory. one man verses 500+ people. What are the odds?
Sounds like you made a good plan, stuck with it and it worked in your favor! Good for you!
Having the fireworks near ROA sounds like a great idea! I am SURE it would help with some of the congestion.
I am with you on the teenagers thing. They can be so insensitive!

amarvel
06-09-2005, 08:26 AM
Anyway, there were two groups of teenagers who were listening to this little boy. They started to scream, shout, make ghostly noises! They were doing this on purpose; trying to frighten the little boy even more. I really wanted to just slap those kids.

man some people can be just cruel!