PDA

View Full Version : Fastpass And Height Requirements

mexibob1
06-08-2005, 08:18 AM
The Disney Website says that the height requirement for Star Tours is 40" but my guide book says that it is 35". Also the website says that Haunted Mansion still has FastPass. Is that true. I thought they got rid of FP for HM....Can you guys help me out??

HydroGuy
06-08-2005, 08:20 AM
The Disney Website says that the height requirement for Star Tours is 40" but my guide book says that it is 35". Also the website says that Haunted Mansion still has FastPass. Is that true. I thought they got rid of FP for HM....Can you guys help me out??
HM Fastpass is seasonal. They still have it, but usually do not turn it on.

Wendi
06-08-2005, 10:42 AM

Star Tours is 40"

Haunted Mansion FastPass is used for Haunted Mansion Holiday, maybe other busy times too... not sure about that.

Darkbeer
06-08-2005, 11:03 AM
The Haunted Mansion ONLY uses the FASTPASS system for the Holiday version, they have removed the signage over the entrance to the queue related to FASTPASS, and only puts it back up during the Holiday makeover....

ralika
06-08-2005, 11:20 AM
was at disneyland last weekend person at front of quene said the kids could ride that he was tall enough when he went to get on the ride indian jones the perosn measured him again and said no he wasn't just so you know i think the need to regulate it more or send them to city hall to get a pass saying what height the kid is

theyates6
06-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Oh My Gosh...can you imagine the line if we had to go to city hall to get a pass for our kids to ride height restricted rides :eek: ???? May this never come to pass!

We have had our son turned away at the front of the Indy line, but what we found is when we showed him how to stand up tall this didn't happen again. (he would tend to slouch when one of the cast members would push down on his head to measure him) Also, one time we found that he could ride the rides on one visit and not the next (we were mystified until I realized he had different shoes on the second time). :)

ralika
06-09-2005, 01:40 PM
I Think It Should Be An Option So That They Can Get One From City Hall Not All People Not All People Would Do It I Hate To See The Kids Get Upset Cause They Where Told They Could Ride Then Not Ride

hlbtimes2
06-09-2005, 02:32 PM
I dont think a pass from city hall would work well. How would you track that it went to one particular guest? Even if they found a way to do pictures on a card, that would take more time for the cast member to look at and check then just measuring with the stick.

ralika
06-09-2005, 02:43 PM
They Should Stamp The Kids Hand At The Beginning Or Something

weluvdisney
06-09-2005, 02:47 PM
I remember when we took our daughter for the first time in 1997 they did stamp her hand to get on the mountain rides once they measured her(you can bet I didn't let that stamp get washed off for the rest of the trip)

ralika
06-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Lol

Drince88
06-09-2005, 04:22 PM
They used to do "laser" measuring and give the kids wrist-bands to indicate which rides they could ride. Not sure if it was abuse or what that got that experiment stopped.

bradk
06-11-2005, 05:24 PM
as with every great idea disney has, yes, the wrist bands were halted due to abuse

phillyorig
06-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Was their this past week ( trip report will follow in the next couple days).

As far as the HH, you didn't need a FP this week. The lines moved fast.

As for Star Tours..
Back in 96 was youngest daughter was 3yo and she was so upset the first time we got on indy and she didn't make the height. So the next day, with NO promp from us, she stood on her toes, ever so slightly and made the height(she was a fingers width too short).
Took her on Star tours.. She almost slipped out of the seat!!!!!!!!! I had to grab her seat and hold her in !!!!
The seat in ST are so slippery, I slide around and i am not a small woman!!!!!!!!

ST looks tame but if you have a very young child, dont push the issue!!! IMO!