PDA

View Full Version : GCH View, Which One?

Barbossa
06-07-2005, 08:08 PM
A poll of my fellow Disneyphiles: If you were staying at the Grand Californian and had a choice of the following "Theme Park" views, which would you choose?

1. Area that includes Soarin' Over California

2. Area that includes Grizzly River Run

3. Area that includes Paradise Pier

We booked a room at GCH and these are the choices we were given. Are there any other Theme Park views?

pisces
06-07-2005, 09:39 PM
Oh really? Usually, you don't specifiy which theme park view until the time of arrival, and they see what's available. You can make suggestions, I guess. Be sure to tell them you want the 4th floor or above.

Paradise Pier is the best.

Osky
06-07-2005, 09:41 PM
Of those views, I would probably pick 2 or 3. 3 can be wonderful at night with all of the lights. 2 is nice during the day, but looks odd at night when they turn off the water.

Disney Vault
06-07-2005, 09:44 PM
I would go with # 2 then # 3 and #1 last.

Barbossa
06-07-2005, 09:54 PM
Oh really? Usually, you don't specifiy which theme park view until the time of arrival, and they see what's available. You can make suggestions, I guess. Be sure to tell them you want the 4th floor or above.

Paradise Pier is the best.

Correct, we were only allowed to put in a request right now, we were wondering what to ask for when we check in. Thanks for the tip on the minimum floor.

CoasterChickie
06-07-2005, 09:56 PM
I'd go with the Grizzly River Run view. We had the Soarin' view when we stayed there and it was really neat, but a long way from the lobby and main entrances into DCA and DTD.