PDA

View Full Version : 50th Event Information [merged]

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

KarenW2
05-24-2005, 12:48 PM
Just to let y'all know, Disney Gallery now has photos of all the RSP merchandise they had listed posted, except for the Tiki Room Litho. Looks like a lot of things to spend a lot of money on!!

Look here: http://www.register123.com/event/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x224783d68&varPage=hotel

SANDYMARIE
05-24-2005, 12:51 PM
WOW...... the crown set will be mine!!! :D :D :D :D
TTFN

Tinker Bell
05-24-2005, 03:40 PM
i want:
MARIE OSMOND

"Sleeping Beauty 50th Anniversary Doll"

How do you get these?

KarenW2
05-24-2005, 04:07 PM
You need to be signed up for the event, then put that on your RSP form for the selection process in the #1 spot, hope like crazy there aren't at least 300 other people who want the doll just as much as you do, add some pixie dust and if you're selected, you get to buy the doll!!

If you aren't going to the event, I think the chances of these being leftover after the event, to end up at Disneyana or wherever, would be really slim.

adriennek
05-24-2005, 08:38 PM
oh, if that charm bracelet were silver, I'd want it. LOL.

I like that DL Marquee, too.

Alas, it's all window shopping for me! Have fun shopping, Karen!

Adrienne

Tinker Bell
05-24-2005, 09:20 PM
now I will go to the cornor and cry.

I Heart Disneyland!
05-24-2005, 09:29 PM
now I will go to the cornor and cry.

I'm right behind you! :crying:

Circarama
05-25-2005, 07:27 AM
I'm gonna try to get the jacket, and I like the map. But honestly, the map is seriously over-priced ($350) considering what you get. I mean, yeah, it's limited to 100, it's probably printed on heavy poster stock or even thin cardboard, but it's the same map that they just released, and for that price, I can almost buy this jacket for $385.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/circarama/Disneyland50thjacketback385.jpg.

The last time that disney did this was in 2000. They produced 100 reproductions of the original 1958 Disneyland map. I don't know if they tried to sell them at a merchandise event. But I can tell you that I got mine on ebay from Disney Auctions for $50 with a certificate of authenticity!! Although I am a HUGE collector of Disneyland maps, I am not going to swallow the "limited to..." hook. And if i'm not buyin' it, then I would guess that alot of other people won't either. I want more VALUE for my hard earned dollars.
NOTE TO WDES AND MERCHANDISING: We love you, but you need to re-evaluate the prices that you are charging for items that are easily produced (i.e. pins, posters, maps, etc.) Simply stating that it's "limited" isn't gonna sell the stuff that you're selling. $350 for an item that is costing you $10(at best) to produce is WRONG.

SANDYMARIE
05-25-2005, 07:59 AM
I thought you could just purchase these, I had no idea!!!!!!
I'm in the corner too!! :crying:
TTFN

Disneynut1955
05-25-2005, 09:11 AM
NOTE TO WDES AND MERCHANDISING: We love you, but you need to re-evaluate the prices that you are charging for items that are easily produced (i.e. pins, posters, maps, etc.) Simply stating that it's "limited" isn't gonna sell the stuff that you're selling. $350 for an item that is costing you $10(at best) to produce is WRONG.

Also remember, that everything with the 50th merchandise event is "subject to change without notice". Let's thank the fine folks at WDES for beating this phrase into our heads. They changed the number of those in each package (remember the phrase "strictly limited to 50"). I would not put it past these people to find the one item that is selling well and then mass produce it to pad the bottom line! I will be holding back on buying anything that claims to be "limited edition" and will buy only the items that have some sort of long-term appeal.

cstephens
05-25-2005, 12:20 PM
I thought you could just purchase these, I had no idea!!!!!!
I'm in the corner too!! :crying:
TTFN

You might still be able to purchase them. Any left-over items would be available for sale to the general public.

I will be holding back on buying anything that claims to be "limited edition" and will buy only the items that have some sort of long-term appeal.

How about you just buy the stuff you like and want and ignore the edition sizes?

Doombuggies
05-25-2005, 04:52 PM
There has been a couple time at other events, once Disney runs the RSP, releases stuff isn't selling and then drops the price down and anyone that agreed to buy it at the higher price, then gets it at the lower price. Just hope that everyone else has the same opinion as you as far as the value of the map and hopefully the price might change and you can get one cheaper.

Circarama
05-25-2005, 06:36 PM
There has been a couple time at other events, once Disney runs the RSP, releases stuff isn't selling and then drops the price down and anyone that agreed to buy it at the higher price, then gets it at the lower price. Just hope that everyone else has the same opinion as you as far as the value of the map and hopefully the price might change and you can get one cheaper.
Even if I don't it's gonna be okay. I'd much rather look at my #1 1958 Disneyland map signed by Sam McKim anyways. That and the fact that if I did buy it, it would end up under the bed with all of the other maps and attraction posters.
I'll probably get black-balled for slamming them anyways. Then I WILL have to settle for the Mickey the Bandleader 50th leather jacket. Oh well, I HAD to say something about the cost of that map... :D

caution a-head
05-25-2005, 07:23 PM
I was reading this thread and wonder how to register for RPS?

tmshpkns
05-25-2005, 07:27 PM
You can't get an RSP unless you're attending the event. There are still registration spaces available at disneygallery.com for the lowest event package at $495.

Tom

cstephens
05-26-2005, 11:30 AM
and for that price, I can almost buy this jacket for $385.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/circarama/Disneyland50thjacketback385.jpg.

So you took our picture from our site and then put it on your own site without permission and then tried to re-post the stolen picture here? You do not have permission to host that picture on your site, and while you're welcome to include a link to the original picture, I do expect that you will remove that stolen picture from your site. Thank you.

cstephens
05-26-2005, 12:21 PM
You do not have permission to host that picture on your site, and while you're welcome to include a link to the original picture, I do expect that you will remove that stolen picture from your site. Thank you.

Sorry, my edit window passed: I noticed that the first picture on the same page with the picture of the jacket is also stolen from our site. Both of those pictures should be removed from your site. Thanks.

Circarama
05-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Sorry, my edit window passed: I noticed that the first picture on the same page with the picture of the jacket is also stolen from our site. Both of those pictures should be removed from your site. Thanks.
Sorry to upset you. The photo has been removed from my photobucket account. Maybe next time you can PM me... :rolleyes:

Now then, can somebody e-mail me an un-copyrighted picture of the 50th black leather jacket with "Mickey the Bandleader" on the back that is for sale at the Disneyland resort? Thanks

cstephens
05-26-2005, 03:49 PM
The photo has been removed from my photobucket account.[/B]

Thank you.

KarenW2
05-31-2005, 11:42 PM
Just to let y'all know, there are now even MORE photos of merchandise for the RSP event purchases. There are 6 Radko orns, a 23K Gold PLATED charm bracelet with the Disneyland letters, a castle & something else as charms, Disney Dollars, the "I Was There 7-17-05" pin (glad it's available for us thru the RSP, so we don't have to fight the crowds on 7-17!) and a special commemorative dated 50th anniversay pin with Walt's photo, that looks like the image on the KTLA screens for the media event on 5-4.

Also, there is an addition to the things included in the packages. There is now a "Commemorative Pin" listed under the auction listing. I think the other info is the same.

Sure hope they send us the lists for the books and things created by those who will be signing soon, with info on when we can buy these things at the event, as well as all the RSP & other info. It's now June and I'm getting anxious!!

Still no Tiki Litho photo tho.

KarenW2
06-01-2005, 11:55 PM
Just to let y'all know, the Tiki litho photo is now up on the Disney Gallery site as well!

Circarama
06-02-2005, 08:50 PM
Walt Disney Event services has added a plethora of new merchandise to the "Magical Memories" 50th anniversary event scheduled to take place July 15-17th.
Check it all out @
http://www.register123.com/event/pr...8&varPage=hotel
I am so down for the "I was there, July 17th, 2005" pin , and the new hologram pin with Uncle Walt in it , The very cool (disneyland spelled out in individual letters) charm bracelet for my beloved ,the leather jacket (of course ), but the really cool item(s) that I want are the Radko Christmas ornaments. One for each original land that Disneyland opened with, plus the 50th anniversary Sleeping Beauty Castle and Main Street also. Very Cool.
Better check my credit line... :D

KarenW2
06-02-2005, 10:45 PM
Besides the fact that I posted this info yesterday, in the already existing thread, your link doesn't work.

Disneynut1955
06-03-2005, 06:11 AM
Besides the fact that I posted this info yesterday, in the already existing thread, your link doesn't work.

I thank both of you for posting the information. As seems to be the tradition on this board, the most important thing is no longer to give other Disney fans access to information, but that we give proper credit for who had the information first! Kudos to you KarenW2 for being first!

Yes, his link does not work (bad Circarama), much like the faulty link in your profile to your nonexistent homepage.

Circarama
06-03-2005, 06:20 AM
*deleted*