PDA

View Full Version : Gift baskets in rooms

Crazy4Mickey
06-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Hi all. I need help from the wealth of knowledge that you all have. I am heading the the happiest place on earth Oct. 1-5. GF, Sister and I are taking my parents to celebrate their anniversary. We are getting a suite at the GCH and also would like to have a basket put in the room for them as a little surprise. I have read a little about contacting vacation planning about what to put in them, but I don't know how early we should contact them. I want to have plenty of time to get info from them on what to put in it and give them time to make it up. Anyone have experience on a good timeline? Thanks. :D

Leash81
06-07-2005, 04:48 PM
I called vacation planning a few days ago and asked this very question. If you are just going to use one of the gift baskets from the list with no personal shopping or customization then you only need to give them a couple of days notice. If you are going to have anything above and beyond a regular gift basket then they said you should give them at least a week. If you contact vacation planning they can email you a spreadsheet that shows all the standard gift baskets they offer.

tmcgin710395
06-07-2005, 05:44 PM
Do you have the number for vacation planning? I have tried a couple times with different numbers and keep getting told that they dont know what I'm talking about....more than likley just not getting to the right people.

Leash81
06-07-2005, 06:53 PM
714-300-7526 and option 2 I think.

jiminycesq
06-07-2005, 06:59 PM
They sent me an excel spreadsheet with all the baskets. None are 50th anniversary themed! They will also do custom basket - personal shopping - for a $20 fee plus cost of stuff. And there are other hotel guest only perks, like Grand Californian balcony dining. Call them and ask them to email you!

Maus
06-07-2005, 07:21 PM
I was told via e-mail today that the fee for personal shopping was $20 (I asked about ears) and a "custom" 50th basket (as they don't offer one) was an add-on cost of $30. So that's $50 just in service charges not including the cost of the items. Hmmmm... does anyone think this is worth it?

lisap
06-07-2005, 07:32 PM
I will personally shop for 50th gift basket items for the low price of 25.00 plus the cost of the items. ;)

Seriously, I would do some gourmet food shopping at home, then add a few 50th items to it once I got to the resort and have it delivered to their rooms. Less expensive and you can choose exactly what you want.

Leash81
06-07-2005, 09:59 PM
I was told via e-mail today that the fee for personal shopping was $20 (I asked about ears) and a "custom" 50th basket (as they don't offer one) was an add-on cost of $30. So that's $50 just in service charges not including the cost of the items. Hmmmm... does anyone think this is worth it?

I had the same thing, I asked if I could have the gold ears instead of the black ears and the lady told me that the baskets are pre-made so there would be a $30 customization fee plus the $20 personal shopping fee. I could think of a few things to put in the basket if I were going to customize it but I just can't see spending an extra $50 on top of the $200+ I am spending on the baskets. I figure that the baskets will be a nice suprise when we get to the room but I can buy some mouse ears once we get to the park. I personally don't think the price is worth it but they may be just me.

jiminycesq
06-08-2005, 05:00 AM
I am not sure about this, but I have read other posts recently indicating the baskets are not in the room when you arrive, although delivery after check in is possible. I imagine the reason for this is that generally they do not preassign your room until you get there, so, they wouldnt put it in a room "held" for you. Again, this is just from other posts, not my experience.

Maus
06-08-2005, 07:17 AM
I will personally shop for 50th gift basket items for the low price of 25.00 plus the cost of the items. ;)

Maybe we should start our own business! :D

Crazy4Mickey
06-08-2005, 07:49 AM
and a "custom" 50th basket (as they don't offer one) was an add-on cost of $30.

Thanks for all this info. I wonder if by october they will start offering one as standard. I sure hope so. I would love to do a special 50th basket, but can't imagine spending an extra $50 to do so when I could just shop for the extra things when I get there and add them to the basket.

Terri
06-08-2005, 09:30 AM
Wow! I suggest you speak with John Walsh of the Disneyland resort. He had a basket put together for our family that was a combo of the coffee and chocolate basket AND we had 3 pairs of golden ears (embroidered) added to it. No hassle, it was easy! And ... this was over memorial day weekend.

ralika
06-08-2005, 09:32 AM
Their Extra Charges Seem Excesive To Me

Crazy4Mickey
06-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Wow! I suggest you speak with John Walsh of the Disneyland resort. He had a basket put together for our family that was a combo of the coffee and chocolate basket AND we had 3 pairs of golden ears (embroidered) added to it. No hassle, it was easy! And ... this was over memorial day weekend.

Does he work for Vacatoin Planning? I assume I just ask for him when I call? Did you have an added charge for the custom ears? Again thanks for the info. :)

tinkluver
06-08-2005, 10:25 AM
Check out this thread (http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=42857)

Maus
06-08-2005, 06:47 PM

I, for one, never suggested it was a hassle. I suggested $50 was an excessive fee. If you didn't feel the same way that's okay by me.

Gilliegrl
06-12-2005, 05:03 PM
they will not leave the basket in your room as someone posted. Shortly after you check in they will deliver it or then they will leave it in your room. It was a really neat touch. I surprised DH and the kids. Only thing was that we had turndown service going on. Then the hotel delivered an autographed photo of mickey and mini to the room. Then the door had to get opened again for the mickey rice crispy treats that were delivered then someone else delivered the basket. It was a lot in a matter of minutes but nice nonetheless.

Terri
06-12-2005, 06:00 PM
I, for one, never suggested it was a hassle. I suggested $50 was an excessive fee. If you didn't feel the same way that's okay by me.

I'm sorry...I wasn't responding to your comment about prices. I honestly don't know what the price was on the basket though I'd have to assume the ears were extra. Also, our basket WAS in the room at check-in, so we didn't have to wait for anyone to bring it. Maybe it just depends on when you order it, or the hotel you stay in. We were at the Disneyland Hotel. I'm currently on the road, but I do have John Walsh's email on my work computer. I can add it to this thread on Saturday if anyone would like.
:)

SeansMom
06-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Maybe we should start our own business! :D
Yes, please do! That way I can send my money to a fellow padder, AND get what I want :) ! As long as you don't charge $50...seems too high :rolleyes: .