PDA

View Full Version : Aladdin's Oasis -- fastpass?

Craigster- diver
06-07-2005, 12:06 PM
I was rooting around trying to decide if the "live" Aladdin & Jasmine show was still in Adventureland...seems it still is....but....the attraction web page in the DL site says it's a fastpass attraction (Clicky here) (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/attractions/detail?name=AladdinAndJasmineAttractionPage) but I don't believe them.

Anyone with first hand experience of late ??

Also.....
When we were in DL 2 years ago we sat in an outdoor theatre and watched a "Dick Tracy-esque" stage show with Mickey and the gang trying to rescue Pluto from the bad guys. Is this show still running, or what's the replacement like ?

Thanks all.

Andrew
06-07-2005, 12:13 PM
Can't answer your second question (I think it was "Mickey's Detective Agency") but I can tell you that "Aladdin & Jasmine's StoryTale Adventure" is not and has never been a FastPass attraction. If memory serves me right, the Aladdin musical stage show at DCA is a FastPass attraction.

Darkbeer
06-07-2005, 12:16 PM
Can't answer your second question (I think it was "Mickey's Detective Agency") but I can tell you that "Aladdin & Jasmine's StoryTale Adventure" is not and has never been a FastPass attraction. If memory serves me right, the Aladdin musical stage show at DCA is a FastPass attraction.

Aladdin at DCA was never a FASTPASS attraction, though for the first few months they offered a "ticket" if you walked up to the front of the Hyperion (Pre-printed, no need to use your PassPort/AP/etc...). That has been stopped long ago, and now is just first come, first serve, but usually not a problem if you get there about 15 minutes prior to showtime.

Darkbeer
06-07-2005, 12:17 PM
When we were in DL 2 years ago we sat in an outdoor theatre and watched a "Dick Tracy-esque" stage show with Mickey and the gang trying to rescue Pluto from the bad guys. Is this show still running, or what's the replacement like ?

The replacement is Snow White.. not very repeatable, but worth watching once.. The Dwarfs are a bit weird, and the show is more catered to the kids....

PragmaticIdealist
06-07-2005, 12:28 PM
It might be that Disney is distributing to Guests "FastPass tickets" as a way to promote the show. Disney has used "tickets" in the past as a way to promote certain shows.

As for the Fantasyland Theatre show you mentioned, it was created mostly as filler between the previous production, "Animazement", and the current production, "Snow White". "Mickey's Detective School" lasted a few months at most.

Speaking of "Dick Tracy", I really liked the original Dick Tracy show that was presented in the amphitheatre when it was part of Videopolis. Now, that show was entertaining. It was filled with great original music and more scene changes in more rapid succession than any other stageplay I have ever seen. The scenery was flying across the stage in a very cinematic way, and the chorus of citizens that danced non-stop throughout the half-hour experience had incredible energy and really clever choreography. It was an incredibly well-conceived and executed first effort for Disneyland in its presentation of narrative-based stageplays.

ChipmunkStar
06-07-2005, 04:50 PM
It might be that Disney is distributing to Guests "FastPass tickets" as a way to promote the show. Disney has used "tickets" in the past as a way to promote certain shows.

But Aladdin's Oasis- Aladdin and Jasmine's Storytale Adventures is still a non-ticketed attraction/show.

There used to be AAA coupons to recieve "VIP" admission, but that was done away with about 2 summers ago. Now there is no special admittance.

cstephens
06-07-2005, 05:13 PM

I don't remember them distributing any sort of tickets for regular Fantasyland Theatre shows (things like Candlelight excluded).

I'm thinking someone at Disney has the Aladdin show at DCA confused with the Aladdin and Jasmine storytelling since the DCA Aladdin at least distributed tickets at some point whereas storytelling never has.

PragmaticIdealist
06-07-2005, 09:45 PM
The "tickets" would not necessarily be real tickets. They could just be advertisements in the guise of tickets.

Disney has used this technique at least two times in the past, so there is a possibility they may be using it for the Aladdin's Oasis show, as well. No one would need a ticket to enter, but Guests who do have it may feel the ticket has enough value for them to not want to waste it.

cstephens
06-07-2005, 09:49 PM
The "tickets" would not necessarily be real tickets. They could just be advertisements in the guise of tickets.

So you've seen them give out these so-called "ticket" things near the Fantasyland Theatre or Aladdin's Oasis? Cause we haven't. We're not there all the time, but we're by both locations enough, and we've *never* seen them give anything out.

PragmaticIdealist
06-07-2005, 10:05 PM
So you've seen them give out these so-called "ticket" things near the Fantasyland Theatre or Aladdin's Oasis? Cause we haven't. We're not there all the time, but we're by both locations enough, and we've *never* seen them give anything out.

No, I have never seen tickets of any sort distributed for Aladdin's Oasis. I was just explaining the possibility of Disney giving fake tickets to people to promote the show.

It is just as likely, I suppose, that the people responsible for the Disneyland Web-site made a mistake. But, even before the FastPass system was developed, Disneyland had used fake tickets to get people to visit certain Attractions and other features. The technique has been effective enough in the past for Disney to have used it on more than one occasion.

adriennek
06-07-2005, 10:11 PM
You know, I've actually never claimed to be an 'expert' on anything Disney. Parenting, yes, Disney, no. Disney trivia, I'm ok but I'm not really confident about it.

Aladdin's Oasis with the Storytelling show, however, is another issue entirely. I think it's safe to say I'm "familiar with the show." (Baklava! Baklava! Baklava! I see lines.... I see many many lines.... I see you - standing - in many many lines..... WISH NOISE! Remember when we could still boo Jafar? Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, that's what they all say, but they never really mean it...)

It hasn't had Fast Pass. There wasn't a ticket system. The AmEx White Glove thing was the closest it came to a ticket system. That's not FastPass.

Adrienne

going2disneyAZ
11-04-2005, 07:55 AM
And after 4 months the Disney site still lists it as a FastPass attraction under Aladdin and Jasmine at Aladdin's Oasis:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/attractions/detail?name=AladdinAndJasmineAttractionPage

geoffa
11-04-2005, 09:37 AM
And after 4 months the Disney site still lists it as a FastPass attraction under Aladdin and Jasmine at Aladdin's Oasis:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/attractions/detail?name=AladdinAndJasmineAttractionPage

So contact them and tell them. The "Contact Us" button is at the bottom of the page.:)

Alice Fan
11-04-2005, 09:55 AM
When we were there in June we saw this show, it was very cute. The reason we went in was because there were CMs standing outside encouraging people to come in and check it out, the show was about to start and there was hardly anyone there. It definitely did not have (nor need, as far as I could tell from the three days we were at DL) a Fast Pass. My boys liked the show, I was surprised because they're 11 and 15 and I thought they were too old for it.

dldhistory
11-05-2005, 05:26 PM
Here is some info and Photos of Aladdin's Oasis:

http://www.dldhistory.com/attractions.asp?Tab=Disneyland&Page=4&ID=600

And Mickeys Dective School:

http://www.dldhistory.com/attractions.asp?Tab=Disneyland&Page=4&ID=601

TDBearGrrl
11-06-2005, 07:29 AM
Thank you for posting the links! I had forgotten all about Mickey's Detective School!! I loved that show...

evrythngwmn
11-06-2005, 09:25 AM
No, I have never seen tickets of any sort distributed for Aladdin's Oasis. I was just explaining the possibility of Disney giving fake tickets to people to promote the show.

It is just as likely, I suppose, that the people responsible for the Disneyland Web-site made a mistake. But, even before the FastPass system was developed, Disneyland had used fake tickets to get people to visit certain Attractions and other features. The technique has been effective enough in the past for Disney to have used it on more than one occasion.

Disney did do something like this for awhile. It was a "Surprise Fastpass." You would go to say Soarin to get a fastpass and a second surprise fastpass would pop out for Muppet Vision. In DL (I don't remember the attraction I got it from) I got a surprise fastpass for HISTA. As Pragmatic has said it gives people a false sense of "ooh I got something free. I should use it." I had no interest in either of them so I skipped them. That being said I'm sure some first timers thought "hey I've got the free fastpass. I should check it out."