PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a nice season passholder thing

kct
06-07-2005, 08:29 AM
Ok let me tell you what I am looking for. I want one or actually four of the Hard Plastic ID badge holders like the park staff has. I was told that they sell them to park staff in the staff store. I really want 4 of these becouse I lost all 4 of our passes last year from one of those flimsy soft plastic ones they sell in the park. Can anyone help me find where these are sold to the public or does any one have a friend in the park that can pick up some of these and sell them to me for a small profit? I would love the help. Thanks...

mystycalchyk
06-07-2005, 08:49 AM
I dont know if this will help, since they arent exactly the same as the ones you are referring to but I actually bought a smallish zippered plastic pouch (actually picked it up in Toontown, but its been a couple of years). Kind of like a change purse (I'm sure any small pouchy zippery thing will work fine.) Mine haz Buzz Lightyear on it and although I'd prefer another character he was all I could find. But it works perfectly on my lanyard. Fits our APs and fast passes and other random stuff (like if I lose a pin back I can put the pin in there for safekeeping or something)
It's definitely sturdier than the ones that they sell specifically for passes.

kct
06-07-2005, 08:53 AM
I heard about the coin purse thing that zips but I never can find it. I was just at the park yesterday and looked everywhere. I must be picturing something different than it actually is. Do you happen to have a pic of it or can you discribe it really good. I hate getting out my wallet every time I need my AP and I know Walt did not like people having to pull there wallet all the time :D Thanks for any help.

yeartolate
06-07-2005, 09:07 AM
http://www.janway.com/id_neck_wallets.htm (Neck Wallet)

I usually use a neck wallet similar to the one in the link. I got mine at Target. I carry my AP, cash , credit card, and a sunscreen towelette.

mystycalchyk
06-07-2005, 09:08 AM
Hmm I dont know if I have a pic ( I will look) but basically it is about 4 inches wide and maybe3 inches tall. It is clear plastic with Buzz Lightyear on one side and a lime green mesh pocket on the other side. The top is zippered.

It's hard to see but I found this pic (http://www.uruobsession.com/staff/Mysty/hubclub03.JPG) of our NYE group and I am actually wearing my lanyard, I am the one on the lower left hand side with the red hair band and the white mousketeer shirt that says Victoria. It's that smallish lime green looking thing at the bottom of my lanyard.

I'll see if I am able to find a better pic or maybe find one online :)

Captain Josh
06-07-2005, 09:15 AM
I have a hard plastic ID holder. I honestly can't wholeheartedly recommend them. They do get "worn" pretty quick (the holder got loose, and I've barely worked here a month) and they only really have space for the one card. If you have your AP, you really do want a pouch of some sort that can also hold fastpasses and maybe some spending cash. If you use the exact plastic holders the CMs use, it won't hold all that.

TikiGeek
06-07-2005, 09:35 AM
The store across from Soar'in (I can't remember the name! Buy n' fly???) has really cool plastic zippered AP and FP holders and ther're on a retractable lead with a clip. Very cool. I saw them last week and almost bought one.

Crazy4Mickey
06-07-2005, 09:36 AM
Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I have thought about picking one up.

http://www.mouseshoppe.com/product.cfm?ProductID=2574

Here is a thread that talked about them a little bit.

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=29013

Hope that helps. :)

bradk
06-07-2005, 09:40 AM
mouseshoppe was OOS on them when I needed one, so I ended up buying this from campmor.com:

https://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?partNumber=86667

3 different sizes, not hard plastic, but durable. waterproof pouches with lanyards for $7

mystycalchyk
06-07-2005, 09:50 AM
The store across from Soar'in (I can't remember the name! Buy n' fly???) has really cool plastic zippered AP and FP holders and ther're on a retractable lead with a clip. Very cool. I saw them last week and almost bought one.

I dont like those because the clip is not a very 'tight' clip. It could be pulled loose easily and you'd not know till probably too late that your stuff is gone. I like the one I have because it's a nylon loop with a key chain ring that securely fastens to my lanyard.

Baloo
06-07-2005, 01:56 PM
The cast stores were selling some with a really nice gold medalion for the 50th anniversary. If you can not find a nice Castmember to get some for you try e-bay. I saw several being sold/auction for a relatively low price. Several of them are offered as a "buy now option" for as little as $10.00.

Baloo
06-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Another thing you might want to try is the 50th anniversary passholder lanyards being sold at the resort. The new ones have a very sturdy plastic pouch.