PDA

View Full Version : Bottom 5

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ace
01-30-2002, 06:42 PM
We have the other 5... I think we need the worst five rides thread. It doesn't have to be a bad ride, just one that needs work.

[list=1]
Tarzan's Treehouse
Go-Coaster
Innoventions
Autopia
Peter Pan
[/list=1]

ha ha yes. feel free to throw stones....

MammaSilva
01-30-2002, 07:14 PM
you need to duck little one!!!!!

Peter Pan can NOT be listed on the bottom of ANY list! It is the true magical darkride in Fantsyland! (well Mr. Toad is a close 2nd!)

But "if" I were going to list 5 rides/attractions that we say "only if we have time" about..

Inoventions.. I know some people really like this ... I get motion sickness everytime we go in there!

cosmic wave.. but I heard that one is going into yesteryear status...thank goodness, the chlorine smell was a big distraction on a hot day .. phewwwww

Tom Sawyers Island.. "if" they ever ever get it back up to snuff then it would come off this list, but we miss the barrel bridge and the suspension bridge and teeter totter rock... and Injun Joes cave :(

the shooting gallery in Frontierland....not bad, just not interested in spending time doing that when BTR is right there :)

heck I can't come up with five!!!!!!

JoeCanadian
01-30-2002, 07:57 PM
I'm not seasoned enough to write a worst 5, but I do have a list of rides I didn't consider going on.

- Almost all of Fantasyland. Matterhorn was the only exception.
- All of ToonTown
- Astro Orbiter
- Tarzan's Treehouse
- Innoventions

I just needed more time to see them. I was too busy fitting in multiple rides on the bigger rides. I squeezed in 15 rides for Indy, 15 for Space Mt, 10 Splash, 10 Matterhorn, 2 Pirates, and so on...in 3 days.

zapppop
01-30-2002, 08:25 PM
Innoventions
Honey, I shrunk The Audience
Astro Orbiter
Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin
Gadget's Go Coaster

Mouse
01-30-2002, 08:34 PM
I never: (get it, like the game)

Astro Orbiters --sure I'd go if the line/enjoyment ratio was proper
Autotopia -- same as above
Go-Coaster -- I actually would consider going on this if the wait time to ride time ratio wasn't 60:1 (40 minute wait, 40 second ride)
Small World -- It's not bad, but it's more like a once a year thing
Honey I Shrunk the Audience -- saw it once or twice...isn't that enough?

There are very few things I wouldn't do if lines were miraculously short for only the not-so-fun rides(if lines were short for the cool rides as well I would ride those over and over again;))

tinkfreak
01-30-2002, 09:17 PM
1. Innoventions (BORING)
2. Autopia (It was fine when I got the nostalgia sense, but since the overhall they're just trying too hard)
3. Cartoon spin (hated the movie)
4. Astro Orbiter (great old school style with the elevator, but sux now)
5. Tarzan's Treehouse (I'm too out of shape to make the climb! Plus I think Swiss Family added beauty to Adventureland that was stolen by this monstrosity)

Ok, and also, I saw Blast! today and fell asleep three times. I was unimpressed. Feel free to attack me now.

Rallymonkey23
01-30-2002, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by tinkfreak
1. Innoventions (BORING)
2. Autopia (It was fine when I got the nostalgia sense, but since the overhall they're just trying too hard)
3. Cartoon spin (hated the movie)
4. Astro Orbiter (great old school style with the elevator, but sux now)
5. Tarzan's Treehouse (I'm too out of shape to make the climb! Plus I think Swiss Family added beauty to Adventureland that was stolen by this monstrosity)

Ok, and also, I saw Blast! today and fell asleep three times. I was unimpressed. Feel free to attack me now.

Everyone has their own opinion. And I respect yours.(talking about Blast here) I was just wondering, what show time were you there. And where did you sit. I was there today also. So I was just wondering.

Uncle Dick
01-30-2002, 09:40 PM
Bottom Five:

Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Omnibus
Pinnochio Daring Journey
Jolly Trolley

Oh, and I don't see how anyone could fall asleep during Blast!, if for no other reason other than that it's just too dang loud!

MonorailMan
01-30-2002, 09:50 PM
Let's See:

1. Mr. Toad
2. Innoventions (I know If I go in there I'll never get out)
3. Go Coaster
4. Dumbo
5. Horse Drawn Streetcars

cyberRoo
01-31-2002, 08:11 AM
In no particular order:
Innoventions (although we've occasionally had fun there)
Astro Orbiter (possibly the most uncomfortable ride in the park)
Snow White (the second half of the ride is in Paris...)
Honey I Shrunk the Audience
The 45th Anniversary/Parade of the Stars (are parades attractions? and regardless, will they just shelve this thing already?)

justagrrl
01-31-2002, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by mammasilva

Tom Sawyers Island.. "if" they ever ever get it back up to snuff then it would come off this list, but we miss the barrel bridge and the suspension bridge and teeter totter rock... and Injun Joes cave :(

Everything but the suspension bridge was "up and running" when we were there last. Even the barrel bridge. (This was about a week or so ago.)

BELLEH5
01-31-2002, 09:44 AM
Innoventions---BORING:( A waste of time!!!!
Splash MT. I hate the drop cuz I'm afrid of heights, besides CC is boring and nothing to do there. Storybook Land-- the CM's sounded dull with no magic in her spiel. The Jolley Trolley, the stupid driver almost try to run me over!!!!! Finally Autopia, no reason, just dislike it..

hbquikcomjamesl
01-31-2002, 10:14 AM
Well, to get a bottom 5, I'd probably have to include DL, DCA, and YL.

1. Autopia. Driving is work. I don't drive while on vacation, considered it a supreme sacrifice to make a one-time exception and drive from Williston ND to Crosby ND and back on my fall 2001 vacation; the only reason it was worth it was because it was my one chance to see my last surviving grandparent the year she turned ninety.

2. Videopolis (Yesterland). The French Market, Plaza Gardens and the Coke Corner are far more to my taste as far as music is concerned.

3. Mulholland Madness (DCA). An off-the-shelf "wild mouse" coaster is the very antithesis of what a Disney attraction should be, and if somebody actually wants to ride one, isn't there one at Adventure City, Hobby City's mini-theme-park?

4. The Mission Tortilla Exhibit (DCA) I don't know why it is, but I've never seen, or even heard of, a Mexican-themed Disney attraction that was the least bit flattering to Mexican culture. Not in Epcot, not in DCA. I freely admit that I don't have any particular interest in Mexican culture, but I certainly don't want to see it associated with embarrassments like this.

5. Rocket Rods (Yesterland). The queue from Hell, co-opting CircleVision to soak up most of its length, and the Peoplemover for a track to run on, and all that for an ill-engineered ride that is too short, not especially entertaining, and leaves you blinking the dust out of your eyes (when it worked at all).

Not Afraid
01-31-2002, 11:02 AM
Autopia - Long line, boring queue to get whiplash, ah, not!
Innoventions - This is more about what USED to be there and the great sadness I feel.
Space Mt. OK coaster but too bumpy, mostly chosen for the sad, sad state of the queue. It is a real embarassment.
Cosmic Waves (the famous "Smell the Chlorine" attraction). My bathroom sponge looks better than that floor!
Sleeping Beauty's Castle ('cause its been closed for much too long.) I could completly redecorate my house in less time.

01-31-2002, 11:38 AM
1. Snow White - tacky
2. Innoventions - super tacky
3. Frontierland Shooting Gallery - tacky and loud
4. Roger Rabbit - super tacky and super loud

Gemini Cricket
01-31-2002, 12:15 PM
5. Sub Lagoon - need an E ticket replacement for the dearly departed Submarine Voyage...
4. Tarzan's Treehouse - It's amazing how this attraction had degraded so quickly. It's in need of dusting, painting and maybe a character or two that actually moves...
3. Tom Sayer's Island - They could put a ride or E attraction here. It's rather dated and boring. They used to have Injun Joe's shadow in the cave, didn't they? I seem to remember that. I wonder if it's gone or it was just my imagination...
2. Casey Jr. - They could add something to this ride. I think it's boring even for the little ones...
1. Toon Town - Paint, a new E ride, fix the interactive aspects and the hand conveyor belt thing in their gift shop... to name a few things.
;)

wonderful
01-31-2002, 01:19 PM
In defense of:
Peter Pan, Snow White, Tarzan's Treehouse, and BLAST!
Peter Pan is an example of how you can hit the target without spending a lot... the ride is enchanting and it doesn't need fire, projections, and falling bolders to make it so. Snow White's only fault is it is too short (and there's no Prince). Tarzan's treehouse is very nicely done... I'm not sure why anyone would like the old version better... no one went there before Tarzan moved in. And, about BLAST!... hey, maybe it ain't your cup of tea, and that's cool... but "falling asleep" to it boggles the mind as it is very loud. I personally love it and would trade a thousand Animazements and Steps in Time for it anyday!
Now, bottom five: at each park:D
Disneyland
1. Toontown (save Roger Rabbit)
2. Honey... The worst part is there's not one ounce of potential in it to synergize, not one cuddly creature or even a cool song
3. Innoventions... some of the displays are cool... I think it would be smarter to spread them throughout Tomorrowland... no one wants to walk into a trade show
4. American Space Experience... it's not cool enough to be a "tribute"
5. Parade of the Stars... that soundtrack will play in hell...
DCA
1. Limo
2. Everything between Golden Dreams and Burger Invasion (NOT Golden Dreams, I love that show).
3. Entry plaza soundtrack (will play in the lower levels of hell... after parade of the Stars)
4. Hollywood and Dine (can we say Brown Derby? Please!)
5. The "sun"... there's GOT to be something better than that...
and for both parks...
Anne Hamburger... has she EVER seen a Disney movie in her life?

tinkfreak
01-31-2002, 01:48 PM
I honestly don't know how I could have fell asleep during Blast! either. It was SOOOOOOO loud. Maybe it was lack of interest combined with low lighting...

I'm not saying I don't see how others couldn't like it, my boyfriend loved it - but he has a real interest in music - I don't. It just wasn't MY thing.

Anyway, thanksto all for not ripping me a new one.

Oh yeah - RallyMonkey - It was the 3pm show and we were in the east sideof the Mezzanine. How bout you?

mad4mky
01-31-2002, 01:56 PM
1. Innoventions
2. Jolly bumpy Trolly or whatever that stupid thing is
3. Any ride in toon town...EXCEPT Roger Rabbit
4. Autopia (but it is STILL better than WDW's...which is sooo boring and stupid)
5. Honey (I even liked Captain EO better!)

stevemo
01-31-2002, 02:18 PM
Honey, I shrunk the Audience
Innoventions
Aladdin's Story Hour thing
Astro Orbiter
Autopia

Those were the worst

The attractions that with a little attention could be great again:

1 Tom Sawyer's Island (If they continue to not maintain it, there will be no reason to visit)
2 Sleeping Beauty's Castle walk-thru (Maybe not great, but a little known gem)
3 Tiki Room (Clean it and Fix it, maybe enhance the show
4 Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln (Od Show Was Better)
5 Space Mountain (It' pretty worn out)

80S ERA
01-31-2002, 02:31 PM
Anything that is advertised as an "attraction" but in reality isn't.

1. Tortilla Factory
2. Boudin's
3. Cosmic Waves - its gone for good now? Darn.
4. Observatron / thingy thats atop the abandoned rocket rods platform

and

5. Mad Mouse Coaster - I hate lateral g forces! Someone should have let the designer know of a concept called banked turns. Vertical g's = good. Lateral g' = BAD.

hbquikcomjamesl
01-31-2002, 02:48 PM
[Blast!] just wasn't MY thing. I can respect that. And please don't consider this any sort of personal flame. (Or even an impersonal one!)

Well, there's no accounting for taste. I find it no more remarkable than the fact that some people prefer chamber pot music to chamber music, or that some people actually like the sound of Laurens Hammond's noisome little noisemaker.

Nor is it any more remarkable than the fact that a disturbingly large number of people don't see a fundamental difference between the Boudin exhibit (which is on my DCA top 5) and the Mission Tortilla Embarrassment (which is on my DL/DCA/YL bottom five).

Ace
01-31-2002, 02:50 PM
mad mouse coasters don't have banks, that's the point.

Julie
01-31-2002, 02:59 PM
5. Astro Orbiter - is the most uncomfortable ride, simply because of where the seats are. Dumbo's seats are much better.

4. Small World - slow, boring,...and that music...for what seems like forever!

3. Parade of the Stars :sleep:

2. Autopia

1. Splash Mtn. - I usually have to be dragged and pleaded with to ride it. Why? Because it's bumpy and I'm sorry, but the theme and especially the drop just don't do it for me.

Ace
01-31-2002, 03:13 PM
what??? you don't like cute singing animals and a hare-raising plunge into the briar patch??? Not to mention a trip to thje laughing place!