PDA

View Full Version : The Best Eats

Barbossa
06-06-2005, 09:21 PM
Well, we did it. DW and I scored babysitting for an overnighter, our first since DS was born 2.5 years ago! :) But of course, we are "going ta Dinneyland" so we can do everything our Darling Munchkins won't allow us to do. One of those things is a quiet, romantic dinner. Any recommendations? (The first guy who recommends Pizza Port has a flame war on his hands. ;) ) We're looking for something either in-park or at Downtown Disney.

cstephens
06-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Napa.

Rose.

Captain Josh
06-06-2005, 09:31 PM
My mother says JOHNNY DEPP swears by Plaza Inn fried chicken.

Darkbeer
06-06-2005, 09:45 PM
The Plaza Inn is NOT romantic!!!

Hook's Pointe at the DLH is nice and out of the way, fine dine, Granville's at the DLH...

If you get a nice table, Ralph Brennan's....

pretty Omi
06-06-2005, 10:43 PM
i am going to HIGHLY recommend Granville's at the Disneyland hotel, but be warned, steak, soup/salad, and potato side, and dessert are seperately priced, but if price is an issue, they have a fixed price dinner which is the best deal ever, somewhere between $23-$29 (dun remember but it's in there) for a scaled down steak, potato side, ceaser salad, and a peach tart dessert, and it's just the right amount of food if you don't want leftovers!

Darkbeer
06-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Thanks to http://www.dlresortinfo.com/

(Has updated menus for the entire resort area)

Prix-Fixe Menu

Caesar Salad
with Olive tapenade crouton
Petite New York Steak
with Parmesan potato stack
Peach Tarte Tatin
a la mode
$28.00

Vegitabeta
06-07-2005, 03:21 AM
My mother says JOHNNY DEPP swears by Plaza Inn fried chicken.

Ooh :D :p

sdfilmcritic
06-07-2005, 03:53 AM
My mother says JOHNNY DEPP swears by Plaza Inn fried chicken.He shouldn't do that. Foul langauge dirties the fowl food.

Vegitabeta
06-07-2005, 06:41 AM
HHaha, yes... :rolleyes:

penguin66
06-07-2005, 06:43 AM
We have always liked Granville's as well. Of course, if you really want to splurge and are staying at one of the hotels, just order up room service. We did that one night and got steaks from Granvilles delivered to the room. :cool:

Barbossa
06-07-2005, 06:59 AM
Thus far Napa Rose and Granville sound pretty good, we've haven't been to either yet. And for lunch...it's Plaza Inn fried chicken. If Capt. Jack Sparrow eats there, so can I, matey! :geek:

Barbossa
06-16-2005, 06:14 PM
Well, we did it. DW and I scored babysitting for an overnighter, our first since DS was born 2.5 years ago! :) But of course, we are "going ta Dinneyland" so we can do everything our Darling Munchkins won't allow us to do. One of those things is a quiet, romantic dinner. Any recommendations? (The first guy who recommends Pizza Port has a flame war on his hands. ;) ) We're looking for something either in-park or at Downtown Disney.

Though my DW and I appreciate all of your excellent restaurant recommendations (and we will try them all out), we respectfully decline all suggestions because we scored a reservation at...

Club 33!!!

Wow! One of DW's ex-coworker's mother has been a member of Club 33 for many years, and she offered to make a reservation for us. We've also booked a night at the Grand Californian, I anticipate a really memorable anniversary. Again, thank you all for the recommendations, we'll post a full report afterwards.

sdfilmcritic
06-16-2005, 06:16 PM
^^ Lucky! I hope the trip to Club 33 is enjoyable for you.