PDA

View Full Version : Trip Reports For June 3-5...

QueenAlisha
06-06-2005, 07:23 PM
Ok we got back yesterday evening, and i am just finding the time to type this....
FRIDAY
We Left here on Friday afternoon around 3pm, we drove stright through to California, once there we stoped by Rachel's familys house and went to dinner with them and her dad stayed there. Then we headed to check in our hotel(more on that later) at 9pmish, and headed to the park at 10pm.nit took us a few mintues to figure out how to get the the parking structure, but once we did they just let us in, the booths were closed. I was really suprised by how busy it was, most friday nights we go the rides are walk on's but not friday.we seen mickey mouse with pretty much noone around, i wanted a picture with him becuse i have never had one, but we forgot both cameras. maybe next time. we went on a few rides, including the new BUZZ ride. I loved it, we had alot of fun on it. I was level 3. on Atuotopia rachel won cute little car that had people in it. (i still say she pushed me out of the way or i would have gotten it..lol) a little after midnight we headed out of the park and got to our room and to sleep at 1am.

Saturday
I got up at 6:45am and rachel not long after. I wanted to catch a quick shower before we headed to the park. At 7:15 we headed to get some free Breakfast,then we headed to ampm to get some decent food. were got to the park right around 8am. it was overcast and misting, but it didnt last long. we watched to new 50th show on main street. i liked it alot, i also enjoyed looking at the stuff before the show. rode a few more rides, and went to the tikki room, where we got some really good pictures of the out side. (for my island bathroom). we also went to the gallery and on the train as we waited to leave main street, i seen something that makes disneyland, well disneyland. alladin and sleeping beauty were buy the main gates, and alladian was playing tag with a little girl, for a good 5 mins. a few people came up to him and he stopped and singed and took pictures. then went right back to playing. it was so cute. nexy,We headed to DCA and had lunch at a place on the peir that has really good chicken fingers and fries. we rode a few things and watched the new parade. i liked it, it was great for kids. There i seen one of the things that make disneyland(and DCA) disney, we were by where bugs life stopped and the princess from bugs life was dancing, and this shy boy who was id say 13, who was a bit challanged (is that the PC word to use??) came up to her and wanted to dance, and she danced with him the whole time, and she gave him the biggest hug at the end, i have never seen a bigger smile than that boy had. it was wonderful. after that we headed to back to DL to scope seats for the parade. while waiting we had dinner (pizza port place) it was good. the parade was good, we were kinda at a strange angle, but it was good. then we didnt do much until the fireworks. we found an amazing spot right dead center of the castle. the fireworks were amazing...it was breath taking, i loved it. cant wait to see it again. after the firworks we went to WOD then headed back to the motel at around 11pm.

Sunday

We slept in until 10am on sunday, showered, packed up checked out and headed to DCA. We got there got a few things and our loely rice chrispy treats and headed out. We went and got Rachels Dad, had lunch and headed home. we got in at 6ish last night.

Reviews

Daysinn (on Orangewood)- Water (it took 15mins to get warm then went in and out, hot and cold) that was a D.
The brekfast-F
Overall- C, id stay there again. there were not bugs and it was clean.

Disneyland- Crowds were bad, but overall it was an A+. Also, Disneyland is the happiest place on earth because they do not have cock-a-roaches(or anything related to them!!

DCA- A( i like DCA!!)

Traffic- D-

It was a good Trip and i cant wait to go back next week!!

Shortiemetoo
06-06-2005, 07:42 PM
Great trip report!! Glad you had a good time and got there and back safely! :fez:

Darkbeer
06-06-2005, 07:48 PM
We were also in front of the castle for the fireworks on Saturday night, the worst thing was that hundreds of folks sat down, and a group of about 15 remained standing in the middle of all these people....

I thought it was EXTEMELY RUDE of those folks, many folks with kids and people in wheelchairs were behind these folks! I hope that Disney gets some crowd control for the summer, and enforces the sit down rule like they do at Fantasmic! (the outer area can allow stand up, just like Fantasmic!)

QueenAlisha
06-06-2005, 08:00 PM
yeah it was kinda crazy, after the show it was pretty bad as well. they could have used a good bit of crowd control.