PDA

View Full Version : Two Rope Drops in one day report

Disneyfun
06-06-2005, 03:56 PM
Well I finally did it I experianced a rope drop at both DL and CDA.!!!

Got in line at DL with a Ipod and book but never got to use either because I am too busy talking with others around me! LOL
It was a great crowd we all counted down for them to let us in the park. This time I was not going to watch the band as much as their music was pulling me toward them! On down main street I marched to be in the front and watch those line up behind me. It was just a cool experiance! It sent goose bumps down my back. I liked hearing the Welcome to our family song. I started Walking and singing along with the song. Then I stopped sat on a bench to watch everyone go by. Once the crowd thinned I then turned and went back down main street checking out the window of the Emporium, and then out the exit and over to DCA. Where I did sit and read a bit. I ws a little disapoointed that there was no big thing for opening the gates. But Once in I went straight for The back lot and Ploped down the first and only one at the rope. But once again no time to read for this security officer was very talkitive and friendly! I enjoyed his company untill finally people began to arrive. Then For this rope drop there was an announce ment. But what I thought was cool was that they had the CMs from Tower come down and walked us all over to tower! I was not the first in in to the hotell lobby because this rather rude complaining family pushed their way in ( I considered then rude not because they got in fornt of me but because prior to the rope drop all they did was complain that why would you open if you are not open. I finally asked then WOuld you rather be still waiting in the line to give your ticket. I found it cool to come in early even though the posted opening time was 10:00!) Okay I feel better now!
Anyway they ended up in the lobby and the library? first. But being that I knew where the door was I did end up being the first in line for the actual ride. And this family did not even make it into the first car!
Okay so that was my experiance with two rope drops in one day~!
I highly recommend everyone has to do a rope drop at least once~!

Mark Mywords
06-06-2005, 04:04 PM
I highly recommend everyone has to do a rope drop at least once~!

Rope drop is great. Did it for the first time last year. What a way to start the day!

splashmtngurl
06-06-2005, 04:09 PM
personally I didnt find the rope drop that we attended in april very exciting....just my oppinion though

QueenAlisha
06-06-2005, 04:17 PM
we did the rope drop at DCA in march, it was very cool. the CM's were nice, we werent the first on TOT(which was fine with me cause i was terrified) because people we pushy and pretty much running, but it was cool. i cant wait to do it at DL.

Mouse Legend
06-07-2005, 03:51 PM
What was the Security Officers name that was very nice to you?

Disneyfun
06-08-2005, 02:08 PM
What was the Security Officers name that was very nice to you?
Dang I knew I should of written it down. I want to say Jason? He has been there since 1985.
Are you an SO?

ralika
06-08-2005, 03:24 PM
i love the rope drop at dca never done one at dl

SilverStyle
06-11-2005, 06:24 PM
Glad you enjoyed, The bellhops always go down for the rope drop. We usually have a 1st family that enters the lobby and rides first for the day. We usually have a check in book, for guest to sign into our hotel, the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

GrimmGreen
06-12-2005, 12:38 AM
do they always do a rope drop?? Sunday ( the 5th ) they did a countdown at the turnstyle ( i had never seen before ) but no rope drop??

pokeypoke
06-12-2005, 03:54 AM
As many times that I have been to DL and DCA, I have never been to a rope drop. On my next visit in July, I want to do the rope drop for both parks AND i would like to be at the front of the rope. Can someone please tell me what time I would need to be at the front gates, what time do they actually do security checks and what time do they allow you to pass through the turnstiles to enter the park? Info would pertain to if DL's official post opening time is 8 a.m. and DCA is 10 a.m.. What about days when they have EE? This information would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Pokey :)

sdfilmcritic
06-12-2005, 04:18 AM
I've experienced a rope drop at Disneyland before. It's truly a unique experience that everyone should try out for themself. For me it was a fun experience and got my attitude going for the day. However I have not experienced an official rope drop type of experience at DCA, so I don't know how they would treat the situation differently. But I still find it a fun experience to be at DL in the morning for the official opening for the day. :D