PDA

View Full Version : New Disneyland Resort Cast Members and Oldies TOO

Marty Markham
01-30-2002, 02:57 PM
:) Hi Mouseketeers! I was wondering whos new to the cast on Mouseplanet, and hows it goin for you? Any questions, had any great new expieriences? Also some of you more seasoned Cast Members can offer a bit of advice.. But not To seasoned, It would be nice to keep the thread free of Saltyness.... How about, is thier anyone that would like to be a cast member in the future and would like to learn something about the roles. As for me, I am a returning Cast Member and will be working at "The World" (of Disney), along with your favorite Thai Dish, Ms. Blue Pearl ( Hi Gurl, whats up?). So how about you?

BELLEH5
01-30-2002, 04:42 PM
All of you are so lucky to have a CM role at DLR!!! I'm so jealous!!! It's my dream and life goal to work there. What is it like? What sort of background to you need? I am currently working as a waitress, just started school again and plan to move there next year and pray for a flim job with the Disney Company. I cry all the time cuz I live 6 hours & 45mins away. Keep up to date on whats going on in DLR, listen to my CD 100 times a day. I can only visit the park in April and in November:( I love it, it's my life........

.........I'm not a freak, I'm a Disney fan.

Marty Markham
01-30-2002, 04:56 PM
There are so many perks to working at Disneyland its unreal, for you future cast members I'll list a few, Being able to work in a %100 unique ever cahanging work enviroment, collectible (and very nice) cast member exclusive merchandise, free entry to Disneyland, the Walt Disney World Resort, and EuroDisney for you and your dependents and spouse along with huge discounted - on property lodging, Disney credit union, Reduced admition to other theme parks (non Disney), Stock Options, Cast Member events, Gate Sign in Privileges, complimentary passports, cast member discounts, Disney voluntEARS where you get to do social work for people who need some assitance, and the biggest perk is being a member of the Disney family - If your studying Law you can get a job with Disney doing it, if your studying architechure you can do that too for Imagineering, ...... Computers, management, sales, the list goes on and on, Disney hires from with in.. You litteraly can go from selling Churros to working in Animation if you so desire and have the skill and work for it. I have friends who've went from the parking lot to the Disney Channel. Point is if you have a passion for something, Believe in Disney Magic and are willing to work for it and do a good job, there no telling what you can do! Disney will not hold you down. If you have love Disney and have dreams for the future, and you live close to a Disneyland, consider yourself LUCKY, becuase you are. Go For it.. I know you can get a Job At Buena Vista if you really want it.
:D James

bluepearl
01-30-2002, 09:40 PM
Hey James! I'm also half Filipino. :) Anyhoo....I'm going to have to e-mail you about what time you're scheduled to be there on Friday. I'm probably going to be there early, since I'll be going after class, so I'm going to wander around and look and where I'll be working!

BELLEH5: You're a waitress? Well, when you make it down to Southern California and apply for a job at DLR, try getting a waitressing job at one of the sit-down restaurants! I'm not sure how that process goes (I mean, Food Ops or what?). I'm actually interested in management/human resources at TDA or in Burbank - that's my ultimate goal.

What I think is so cool about working there, is reading about how many people make so many good friends. I have another job at a bookstore and I really like my co-workers, but we didn't form friendships outside our jobs. I always heard about parties they had, and invited other co-workers, but I was never part of that. I like how everybody's really friendly and I'm looking to make some new lasting friendships.

Marty Markham
01-30-2002, 09:50 PM
Pearl,
It's 5:30 for friday. I'm gonna be there early to play in the parks before work too, so Email me, It's Spinandmarty@socal.rr.com .... Well back on subject, so you can make friends at the Disneyland resort, it's a fun place to be.. And yes cast members still visit even though they work there, :)

Marty Markham
01-30-2002, 09:53 PM
Belle, You can come from many work background and find a job at the Disneyland Resort. There are levels, of professional, and hourly cast members.. As Pearl said, do get a job in the restaurants waitressing. It might be a seniority thing, but Disney also own the Espn Zone and I know they hire cast members all the time. In the Hotels I hear is where foods make BANK. so look into that.

BELLEH5
01-31-2002, 09:53 AM
Thanks guys:) I just want any CM job at Disneyland even if I have to sell balloons,j/k. I can't wait!!! I have to wait a year & half:( My goal Pearl is to be a flim researcher at the Walt Disney Studios. Well I hope to work in either the Carnation Cafe, or It's A Small World:) I'll be happy to just get hired****

2CN
01-31-2002, 01:00 PM
I'm hoping to get over soon to apply for a job, but I'm still working on my mom to get her to drive me around back to the TDA building to apply for a job.. life stinks without a license or friends with liceneses.
Anyways.. my question is, what are the diff. age requirements? Like to work attractions, food ops, stores, etc.

bluepearl
01-31-2002, 03:17 PM
2CN: I believe that the age requirement is still 17 and a graduating senior. When I went to apply, a few people were told that information and left because they were under 17. On another thread, someone mentioned the age requirement for Security was 21.

BELLEH5: Sounds like a good plan!

2CN
01-31-2002, 04:24 PM
ty Bluepearl.