PDA

View Full Version : Early admission?

GrowupDisney
06-06-2005, 10:34 AM
We're probably going to buy the 3-day park-hopper bonus ticket. What exactly does the early admission mean? How early is early and is Fantasyland really open then, or is it only good to walk around before the crowds get there?
We're planning on a July 23-25 trip (Sat. - Mon.), going to DCA on Saturday to try to avoid the worst of the crowds and then DL on Sunday and Monday. I'm hoping there won't be much in the way of 50th left-over crowds that weekend - or am I dreaming? At least Space Mountain should be open then. Decent enough plan you think? This is my first time doing a multi-day trip to the park.

bradk
06-06-2005, 10:42 AM
on a monday, tuesday, thursday or saturday (your choice), officially, fantasyland is open for one hour before park opening. although, in my case, they actually admitted us an hour and a HALF before park opening, so get there early just in case.

all of the rides are eventually open and running except for IASW. tomorrowland is also open, but the only ride known to be running is BLAB and usually not until half an hour before park opening.

weekends are always tough and you're going in the middle of summer break which will worsen it for you. it should be a busy crowd, but still, 3 days should be enough with a good plan in mind.

GrowupDisney
06-06-2005, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the info. One other concern I just thought of ... last time we were at DL, we arrived at the parking structure about 30 minutes before the park opened. The parking structure was not open. Won't I have the same problem for early admission?

bradk
06-06-2005, 11:25 AM
probably. you might want to consider alternate parking and/or transit to the park