PDA

View Full Version : Block Party Bash vs Parade of Dreams / Aladdin vs Snow White

Pages : [1] 2

DCADude
06-05-2005, 05:53 PM
This is a competition between DLs and DCAs entertainment. please state which parade you like better (Block Party Bash or Parade of Dreams) and which musical you like better (Alladdin or Snow white)

DangerMouse
06-05-2005, 06:35 PM
I can't believe I am saying this, but DCA wins on both counts for me. BPB rocks, while POD's parade stops made me want to take a nap. Alladin is on a whole different level than Snow White.

lisap
06-05-2005, 06:36 PM
This is a competition between DLs and DCAs entertainment.

What do they win?

I like Snow White and Parade of Dreams. Not that I dislike the others--BPB was very fun.

CoasterChickie
06-05-2005, 06:54 PM
Easy...

Disneyland Parade is better

Aladdin Show is better

Deogge's Mom
06-05-2005, 07:57 PM
I agree with Coaster:

Parade of Dreams is better and Aladin is better.

Disney Vault
06-05-2005, 08:46 PM
Easy...

Disneyland Parade is better

Aladdin Show is better
I agree. But I think Aladdin is way better than snow white so much so that I would say over DCA is better in the entertainment department right now.

Courtney Anne
06-05-2005, 09:10 PM
i liked the Snow White show but the Alladin show was so much better - but they really are hard to compare - they are on two different levels

as for the parades i haven't been to the park since March 20 - so i haven't seen them

but my son and i, got to be in the parade once - we wore little capes and got to dance with the characters - we did it twice - my son got to dance with Donald and Daisy the first time and i can't remember the second tiem - but i do know that i got to dance with Tigger for part of it !

disney jones
06-05-2005, 09:14 PM
BPB and Aladdin.

splashmtngurl
06-06-2005, 06:07 AM
I sort of agree, they are hard to compare. Snow white simply couldnt be as complicated as aladdin becuase its in an outdoor theatre. So really they're hard to compare. But overall i think that DCA has better show entertainment. i cant say much for the parades, i havent seen either of them yet. But to be honest, before the 50th i think DCA had the better parade, electrical light parade rocks!

oregontraveler
06-06-2005, 06:25 AM
Haven't seen the new parades yet, but Aladdin ROCKS!!!!

gr8onesgir1
06-06-2005, 08:21 AM
The entertainment over in DCA is so much better. I would rather watch Aladdin over Snow White at anytime. As I think BPB is better POD because it's so much more energetic.

PragmaticIdealist
06-06-2005, 09:22 AM
I agree. "Snow White" is atrocious. "Aladdin" is significantly better.

The blocking in the "One Jump Ahead" number is really awkward. I do not like being able to see the puppeteers of Iago and the camel. And, I do not like the moment Aladdin breaks the fourth wall and the proceedings become a kiddie event.

Other than those problems, the show would be alright except that it exists in the Hollywood Pictures Backlot area of Disney's California Adventure.

One of the great things about the original version of "Steps in Time" (not the one that opened with the park, itself) was that the characters only appeared on film; they did not appear on stage. The original version of "Steps in Time" was much more in keeping with the concept for the park, itself.

splashmtngurl is right, though, that the Fantasyland Theatre is not as conducive to staging a play. Everything presented there is so much better when experienced at night because the lighting is better able to be controlled then. The venue has a covering now, so I do not understand the reason the erectors of the tent did not also attempt to block the amount of natural light that reaches the stage while they were at it.

My only other concern with events and other happenings at Disneyland is that, more often than not, the creators do not present the shows as shows-within-a-show. The stage of the Fantasyland Theatre exists on the larger stage of Fantasyland, itself, so something like "Snow White" should be presented as if it is a play being staged by the residents of Fantasyland.

The Hunchback of Notre-Dame event was one of the exceptions. The gypsy encampment; the fictional Feast of Fools, itself; and, the storyteller persona, Clopin, all worked together to create fairly clever theatre-in-the-round that felt right at home on the Disneyland stage (if the show had only been located more in Fantasyland than Frontierland, of course). :)

Wendi
06-06-2005, 09:28 AM
Parade of Dreams
Aladdin

bradk
06-06-2005, 09:48 AM
I do not like being able to see the puppeteers of Iago and the camel.

you might want to skip the staged version of lion king then. altho, in its defense, zazu is slightly different.

PragmaticIdealist
06-06-2005, 10:17 AM
you might want to skip the staged version of lion king then. altho, in its defense, zazu is slightly different.

There is a big difference between Julie Taymor's brilliantly stylized vision and "Aladdin".

Nothing else in "Aladdin" is stylized. Everything else is literal.

"The Lion King" is entirely stylized and is also an allegory.

For exactly the same reason, I intensely disliked the flamingoes in Parade of the Stars. One could see the character's face along with that of the performer, and that fact demonstrated just how little the people in the entertainment department, at that time, understood Disneyland.

bradk
06-06-2005, 10:32 AM
well, there's a lot to be said for and against the representations of characters in the lion king, but all that begins in another thread. as it were, zazu, timon (especially) and pumbaa (as examples) don't really fit in to said design. but i digress as always.

DCADude
06-06-2005, 03:11 PM
I should have posted a poll. I cant tell excatly but it looks like BPB and Aladdin are ahead.

ThomasCanty
06-06-2005, 03:59 PM
My vote would have to go to BPB and Aladdin, too.

Courtney Anne
06-06-2005, 05:08 PM
i forgot to say that i loved the magic mirror in snow white - i thought it was really neat

MonorailChris
06-06-2005, 10:51 PM
the floats in pod are awesome but bpb is way beter in performance.also hands down aladdin.not that we don,t enjoy sw,but when a teenager goes to dca with a group of his friends and makes them all go watch aladdin and they all love it ,that says something.

Family5LovesDisney
06-07-2005, 05:07 AM
This is a competition between DLs and DCAs entertainment. please state which parade you like better (Block Party Bash or Parade of Dreams) and which musical you like better (Alladdin or Snow white) ALADDIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) That show was really fun!

DCADude
06-07-2005, 08:03 PM
it sounds like DCA's entertainment is a hit with most.

The Fairest Beauty
09-16-2005, 08:37 AM
I like the Parade of Dreams better....and I like Snow White's story better, but omg, Aladdin is spectacular!!!!

Vegitabeta
09-16-2005, 09:17 AM
POD is like the classic Disneyland parade and BPB is a bit different, but I go with POD.

Aladdin wins hands down for me, probably because it's one of my fave movies!

Darkbeer
09-16-2005, 09:25 AM
With my vote for Parade of Dreams, it is now 8 folks for POD, and 5 for BPB...

As for the two shows, well, with Snow White on Hiatus, we are down to one choice.