PDA

View Full Version : July 4th crowds

sierranevada
06-05-2005, 05:13 PM
We are going this 4th of July - I know - huge crowds (arriving 7/3)! Originally we were leaving on 7/6 but now want to stay another day to get more in. We are trying to convince some friends that the days after the 4th will be a little less crowded. Any MPers have any attendance graphs or personal experiences to help us win this argument?

SCUBAbe
06-05-2005, 06:25 PM
I'm not sure, but with two companies I worked at the 4th of July weeks were considered a peak vacation time and it was difficult to get off, schools will be out and my current company also has floating holidays that can be used to extend a regular off day into two...:)

nursemelis374
06-06-2005, 07:18 AM
I am SURE that it will be insanely crowded. I was there the Sunday of Memorial Weekend and it was pretty crazy! However, I think I will probably still be there!

bradk
06-06-2005, 07:24 AM
i'm sure it will technically be less crowded on the days after the 4th itself, but that's not saying much. if you're willing to brave the crowds on the 4th though, you should most definitely consider adding an extra day just to be able to get more in.

sierranevada
06-06-2005, 07:34 AM
Thanks! We are definitely going to stay an extra day - still trying to convince our friends. The other part of the problem is the first day we are there (7/3) is pretty much shot since the whole reason we are going is to attend a wedding at the Disneyland Hotel! Oh well, if we don't get everything in it is just an excuse to go back again. ;)

BTW, bradk, love your avatar!